Sleeping with knives

Very well trained Male Rotty roaming house, high quality flashlight on night stand and weapon readily accessible. I'm too damn tired when I hit the sack to fondle a knife.

Very well trained Male Rotty roaming house, high quality flashlight on night stand and weapon readily accessible. I'm too damn tired when I hit the sack to fondle a knife.

:thumbup: I miss my Rottie; he was between 120 and 140 lbs over the course of his ten + years, a total beast, well trained, and I never worried about sleeping like a log. If you are going to go with a knife by your bed (not necessarily in your bed), I'd go with a fixed.

The Zoe Crist feather Damascus kicked me outta bed for snoring the other night, but I made it up to her with a good Renaissance Wax rubdown. Recently bedtime has been like the closing sequence of "The Waltons"; "Good night JohnBoy," "good night Malosh-Scagel," "Good night Doziers," "good night Randall," "Good night TSF Beast," "Good night Cover Slipjoint," Oh, and that rascal Phat Bob, wanting a "drink of water" when he just wants to be reassured he's not inferior to the Dozier Handmades, and is a hard worker. A few clicks and a wipe from uncle Tuff Cloth, and he's already dreaming of cardboard, plastic straps and fuzz sticks, while the Ohta friction folder and the Zubeng petit rest philosophically as the yin/yang Spyderco Cricket quietly chirps in the moonlight reflecting off the mirror polished Wayne Clay lockback's blade. Goodnight all.

Yup. Since I sleep in jeans a lot my knife stays in my pocket often. I'm a fan of manuals so I don't have a fear of it opening up on me if I turn just right. Tonight it's my old school Spyderco Economy.

Edit: I kind of find it funny that so many people are assuming you sleep with your knives for self defense or something. I do it purely out of some childish desire to have my toys with me when I sleep. Honestly haha.

Last edited:
Every night I put my knife next to my bed before I go to sleep, so yes I'm one of those people.

When I get a new knife it stays under my pillow every night til I get a another new one. Most the time I lay in bed flipping my new one every night before bed.Sometimes Ill end up with two in the bed one under pillow one in hand it all comes down to what mood girlfriend is in that night :)

Wow, I wasn't aware that Massachusetts was such a dangerous place to live. Instead of buying a gun, I'd be using that money to move, damn.

My area isnt dangerous at all, live in the same town as tom brady and bob craft. That doesnt mean i should be complacent. Murders happen in the sleepiest of small towns and the nicest parts of beverly hills. My town also has very low rates of gun ownership and criminals know that. At the same time, mattapan is only a 15 minute drive away and we call it murderpan for a reason. The worst part is that i live in brookline but go to school in milton. Mattapan is smack dab in the middle of it. Ive been there in the middle of the night coming back from a sox game. Only reason i wasnt jumped was that i had a friend with me who is a local. If you dont fit the local demographic and you arnt with a local then you more than likely will get mugged, possibly shot. MA is generally safe, just not some parts and i believe in always being ready.

Thank you, I am enjoying reading... I wish I was able to read that particular one in Japanese... Unfortunately I'm only good with 2-3 languages and this is not one of them ... :D

Given your selection of books in the photograph, I gather that you might enjoy reading Steven Pressfield's books (if you have not already). I have not read this novel (eventually, I will) , but several friends have recommended it to me : http://www.stevenpressfield.com/gates-of-fire/

Yup. Since I sleep in jeans a lot my knife stays in my pocket often. I'm a fan of manuals so I don't have a fear of it opening up on me if I turn just right. Tonight it's my old school Spyderco Economy.

Edit: I kind of find it funny that so many people are assuming you sleep with your knives for self defense or something. I do it purely out of some childish desire to have my toys with me when I sleep. Honestly haha.
Agreed, for me it's like taking a toy to bed. Last night was Yojimbo 2.

Loving this post. I like when I read a thread here that makes me feel normal. Maybe I'm not a knife nut, because I don't take sharp things to bed! A pocket dump on the night stand works for me.

Lower right hand under my bed and grab the sheath knife I have there. It's just handy. They say that a rifle is the infantry man's teddy bear, well mine is a knife, though the bears are on the ppther side as well lol

I guess I am wondering what the OP needs to cut while asleep in the middle of the night. I have a thin folder clipped to my sleep shorts, but that's because I find I need one in the morning sometimes.

Given your selection of books in the photograph, I gather that you might enjoy reading Steven Pressfield's books (if you have not already). I have not read this novel (eventually, I will) , but several friends have recommended it to me : http://www.stevenpressfield.com/gates-of-fire/
Thank you, sorry didn't see your post earlier. I will definitely check it out, but being originally Bulgarian, I'm sort of very familiar with this part of Europe's ancient History... I also like to read more documentary than fiction, but again - I'll check it out for sure, it's easy to get books at decent price this days, especially if they have them on Kindle and such... I see it's require registration, I'll work on it, there are few similar Russian sites with very nice selection, some translated in Russian, some in English... Thanks for the tip :thumbup:

That seems a little strange. I have several in my dresser but they aren't for quick access for strangers in the night. lol let me just wake up and stab someone real quick.....what! That's what the kel tec is for.

Back