Small Gent's knives

Paul: Thanks for the answer. Appreciate the contributions by all. Keep them coming.
Charles

Here is a couple of photos of one of my Dowell swaybacks that John just took for me. Unusual with engraved bolsters 3 1/4" closed.
Charles

dowellengravedswayback1.jpg

dowellengravedswayback2.jpg

Another of my Gent's, this one by Craig Brewer. With Rados Damascus and mammoth ivory. Just a shade over 3 inches closed integral 416 bolsters and liners. The ivory is blue gray in color file worked back.
Charles

brewerradosgents1.jpg

brewerradosgents2.jpg

brewerradosgents3.jpg

Nice one Charles, interesting ivory. Craig knows how to build them and Jerry really knows how to pound the steel, thanks for sharing.

Wow! That Brewer is stunning. I love the way he finished different surfaces to a different level of polish. That shows how good he truly is. When they are finished like that there is no fudge factor, flaws show like a neon sign. Wonderful collection Charles.

Chris

That little Brewer with the Rados damascus is really stunning, Charles. Thanks for sharing your collection with us. Just wonderful!

At 3 1/2" and 3 5/8" these knives might best be described as small-ish. Small is relative of course.

- Christian

I've always loved your Dowell, Christian. I had a similar one made, but sold it a year or so ago.
Must get me another.........soon!

Craig's work is exemplary, some of the finest knives I own, I have 4 all special!

Jeff

Jeff, I agree Craig is an under appreciated high quality maker. So far I only have the 2, but I am on his list.
Charles

The next 2 are a DE Cattle and a 4 bladed Congress, looking forward both, but I have special place in my heart for the DE!

I've stated this before, but my avatar is a Brewer BackPocket in pearl with a rose gold double bomb shield, Super Sweet!

Jeff

Hi Charles

I think the Dowell swayback is one of the prettiest of knives you have posted so far, really lovely!!
Thanks for posting it! Wish i could get stag like that here, i would make every knife with it!!

Paul

Thanks Paul. When I saw it in a group picture of my friends collection I was drawn to it. Later when I had the chance to buy it I jumped on it. Real pleased to own it.
Charles

Back