1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Small Gent's knives

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by chuko, Jul 4, 2015.

1. chuko

chuko Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Paul: Thanks for the answer. Appreciate the contributions by all. Keep them coming.
    Charles

2. Mobster1983

Mobster1983

Jun 14, 2014
    Wrong thread.

3. chuko

Dec 22, 2007
    Here is a couple of photos of one of my Dowell swaybacks that John just took for me. Unusual with engraved bolsters 3 1/4" closed.
    Charles

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. chuko

Dec 22, 2007
    Another of my Gent's, this one by Craig Brewer. With Rados Damascus and mammoth ivory. Just a shade over 3 inches closed integral 416 bolsters and liners. The ivory is blue gray in color file worked back.
    Charles

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. MT Damascus

MT Damascus

Jan 14, 2011
    Nice one Charles, interesting ivory. Craig knows how to build them and Jerry really knows how to pound the steel, thanks for sharing.

6. Toddwalla

Toddwalla

May 27, 2012
    Oh man! Those bolsters are gorgeous!

7. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    You have a beautiful collection, Charles.
    Each one more stunning than the last.

James

8. Chris Montgomery

Chris Montgomery

Dec 8, 2011
    Wow! That Brewer is stunning. I love the way he finished different surfaces to a different level of polish. That shows how good he truly is. When they are finished like that there is no fudge factor, flaws show like a neon sign. Wonderful collection Charles.

Chris

9. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    That little Brewer with the Rados damascus is really stunning, Charles. Thanks for sharing your collection with us. Just wonderful!

10. tleav61

tleav61

Nov 2, 2005
    I've always loved your Dowell, Christian. I had a similar one made, but sold it a year or so ago.
    Must get me another.........soon!

11. chuko

Dec 22, 2007
    Another Craig Brewer gents size
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. jeffsaul

jeffsaul

Jun 21, 2009
    Craig's work is exemplary, some of the finest knives I own, I have 4 all special!

Jeff

13. GasMan1

GasMan1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 27, 2015
    I am so envious. You guys are killing me.

14. chuko

Dec 22, 2007
    Jeff, I agree Craig is an under appreciated high quality maker. So far I only have the 2, but I am on his list.
    Charles

15. jeffsaul

jeffsaul

Jun 21, 2009
    The next 2 are a DE Cattle and a 4 bladed Congress, looking forward both, but I have special place in my heart for the DE!

I've stated this before, but my avatar is a Brewer BackPocket in pearl with a rose gold double bomb shield, Super Sweet!

Jeff

16. chuko

Dec 22, 2007
    Bret Dowell swayback gents 3 1/8" with stag.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Mason Knives

Mason Knives

Jan 24, 2015
    Hi Charles

I think the Dowell swayback is one of the prettiest of knives you have posted so far, really lovely!!
    Thanks for posting it! Wish i could get stag like that here, i would make every knife with it!!

Paul

18. chuko

Dec 22, 2007
    Thanks Paul. When I saw it in a group picture of my friends collection I was drawn to it. Later when I had the chance to buy it I jumped on it. Real pleased to own it.
    Charles

19. glocktenman

glocktenman Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Wow,
    Craig is kicking some tail. He's a great dude to boot.

20. chuko

Dec 22, 2007
    Rick Menefee 3 5/16"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]