Some SAK love

red%20shield%20cadets%2001.JPG

sakedc_1.jpg

SAK Pruner and Rambler. Both been my carry for about 6 months now.

pruner.jpg

I'm currently wondering if I will ever need anything else for my urban carry.
I like that pruner. Hadn't seen that one. I always stayed away from pruning knives, but as a secondary blade, it makes more sense to me for occasional use. But if I routinely pruned other than wack on bushes, I'd have a real pruning knife. You probably don't need anything else other than a SAK for urban carry, but it is generally a question of want and not need as to what we choose to carry. But if you're a knife knut, you certainly "need" more than the SAK or a couple of SAKs.

I like that pruner. Hadn't seen that one. I always stayed away from pruning knives, but as a secondary blade, it makes more sense to me for occasional use. But if I routinely pruned other than wack on bushes, I'd have a real pruning knife. You probably don't need anything else other than a SAK for urban carry, but it is generally a question of want and not need as to what we choose to carry. But if you're a knife knut, you certainly "need" more than the SAK or a couple of SAKs.
I use the pruner blade for opening stuff, it's perfect for that. Boxes, clamshell packaging, letters, you name it. As such it's a perfect second blade for me, leaving the big one for food or other uses.

I use the pruner blade for opening stuff, it's perfect for that. Boxes, clamshell packaging, letters, you name it. As such it's a perfect second blade for me, leaving the big one for food or other uses.
Sounds like one I would like.

I just bought one for a guy in work after lending it to him and infecting him with the 'want' :) He was really excited about the idea of it replacing his box cutter.
I have looked at a couple of the usual dealers and nobody has the Pruner SAK. Is this a US knife model?

(Edit) I finally checked fleabay and they are listed but all seem to be from outside the US.

Last edited:
I have looked at a couple of the usual dealers and nobody has the Pruner SAK. Is this a US knife model?

(Edit) I finally checked fleabay and they are listed but all seem to be from outside the US.

Check Swiss Bianco site multiple colors are shown

Back