Speed checks, "pass it down", proxies, please read.

Maybe some problems only crystallize with time and they need to be remedied, but I wish that those who are interested in acquiring a CPK see that this is a really great subforum with genuinely good people and not get too bent out of shape so quickly...
I agree...it's those New to the Forums as a whole that are not familiar that our Actions have them guessing what is Going On and as I've read some of the comments from new members they certainly question what they see.

^^^
This isn’t true.
Sure it is....If you wanted one bad enough would you not try to be here to get one...or do you feel it's necessary to put the burden on someone else to do the work for you. Did you not make it a point to be here to compete for your first CPK?

Sure it is....If you wanted one bad enough would you not try to be here to get one...or do you feel it's necessary to put the burden on someone else to do the work for you. Did you not make it a point to be here to compete for your first CPK?
Some people have jobs that preclude them from being available from 3:00-3:01 pm EST. If that seems unfathomable to you - I can’t help you with that.
I have only bought one CPK from a Friday sale. The rest were preorders and secondary market.
Now that there are more available per sale, I will be able to compete.

Proxies are good. I appreciate the fact that folks have to work, I do. And to see the community helping each other out, it's cool. For a bunch of "cyber friends", I think we have a pretty great bunch of people here.

Passing when we don't have your scales is good. I am thinking about possibly listing the scales choices the day before in our sub, but even then, if I have 3 sets and 15 of 40 want them, there will have to be folks who decide to pass. I understand that.

Nate and I don't want to impose rules. It's fun to see everyone get excited. For me it makes what we are doing that much more rewarding.

Now, I have some chopping to do. You guys enjoy your Sunday! :)

Proxies are good. I appreciate the fact that folks have to work, I do. And to see the community helping each other out, it's cool. For a bunch of "cyber friends", I think we have a pretty great bunch of people here.

Passing when we don't have your scales is good. I am thinking about possibly listing the scales choices the day before in our sub, but even then, if I have 3 sets and 15 of 40 want them, there will have to be folks who decide to pass. I understand that.

Nate and I don't want to impose rules. It's fun to see everyone get excited. For me it makes what we are doing that much more rewarding.

Now, I have some chopping to do. You guys enjoy your Sunday! :)

I knew that Nathan was fibbing about you and them cute, cuddly, fur-ball kittens. But we loathe to see you become sad because of our childish shenanigans.

Some people have jobs that preclude them from being available from 3:00-3:01 pm EST. If that seems unfathomable to you - I can’t help you with that.
I have only bought one CPK from a Friday sale. The rest were preorders and secondary market.
Now that there are more available per sale, I will be able to compete.
Sure I understand the working public can't make the 3:00-3:01 sale time...I won't shed a tear for them I had to work and miss things during my working career...BUT if I wanted something BAD enough I would make time/take time away from work to make it happen.
Even you have purchased from the secondary market....There are other alternatives is all besides Proxy.

Sure I understand the working public can't make the 3:00-3:01 sale time...I won't shed a tear for them I had to work and miss things during my working career...BUT if I wanted something BAD enough I would make time/take time away from work to make it happen.
Even you have purchased from the secondary market....There are other alternatives is all besides Proxy.

There is no secondary market for international customers. We have to score or lose out, or use a proxy

Practising doing speed tests on unwanted sales is the only way to hone your abilities to get a knife you do want.
I understand with these 40 knife sales it's a bit messy and agree holding off on this practise makes sense.
Even with no pass it downs or speed tests there will be a lot who miss out and take it graciously and a few who feel put out that they cant get what they want when they want

I don't truely think anyone meant any harm or to make anyone feel like an outsider or that their are favorites at all ...

and I believe the proxy is a good thing as it does allow those who are at work or in a different time zone to aquire these treasures we all enjoy ...

my only suggestion would be the proxy request thread ... if you decide to proxy for someone asking then simply post it and everyone will know that request has a proxy bidder ... it may stop some traffic from 5 or 6 trying to proxy for the same request ... just a thought? ... and maybe the forum to agree upon how they want that handled ?

I would hate to see the proxy go away as it is ine of the genuinely kind things I love about the people and this subforum ...

I do agree that the speed tests really do have an effect on those first 10 to 30 seconds where it becomes luck of who hit refresh a millisecond before the others getting the errors ...

I hope everyone ... regulars and new comers can agree that the knives are highly desired now and we can all work together and still keep it fun and relaxed ...

and not put stress on Nathan and Jo and all of the CPK crew ... they do so much for us ... lets come together to do what works for everyone so they can not worry about all this ...

and in closing I will commision a bronze bust to commemorate the 1st place winner "Grenock" to be proudly displayed ... and a brown soft serve award for "Matty" bringing up the rear (by alot as mentioned above) ... and one fat pony for Nathan to haul that new monster of a machine to its new home... dilly dilly!

And for now just another twin like Sadie for Jo ... to save the kittens.

There is no secondary market for international customers. We have to score or lose out, or use a proxy
I understand it's even harder trying to score for those international customers....But there is still options...Pre-order and the Exchange. Odog27 has had to resort to those options in the past...There is always a way and that is just MY Opinion.

At some point people with multiples will offer them either in the Exchange(I've seen them) or in the Carrothers Forum sales thread. Again it's my opinion there are options for obtaining a CPK knife...Maybe from a friend in the CPK forum group?

I understand it's even harder trying to score for those international customers....But there is still options...Pre-order and the Exchange. Odog27 has had to resort to those options in the past...There is always a way and that is just MY Opinion.

At some point people with multiples will offer them either in the Exchange(I've seen them) or in the Carrothers Forum sales thread. Again it's my opinion there are options for obtaining a CPK knife...Maybe from a friend in the CPK forum group?

The exchange doesn't work for international customers. People rarely ship outside the US or Canada
Pre-orders are not available for all models. Current edc3 as an example

The exchange doesn't work for international customers. People rarely ship outside the US or Canada
Pre-orders are not available for all models. Current edc3 as an example
I feel ya...it's not the "Exchange" at fault it's the "Sellers" that won't ship international....Not your fault...Some Shady Characters took full advantage of the internet sales venues and scammed Good Sellers out of their products and money so many sellers started refusing to ship worldwide I can't blame them if they were scammed....Fool me once shame on you Fool me twice shame on me.

I got my first two CPKs by posting WTB until a couple of nice folks hooked me up, at only slightly increased prices. I don’t regret that at all, and has kept me coming back.

I’m normally busy during the sales, and I’ve only scored twice in a Friday sale but I’ve no beef with the proxies.... I wasn’t close enough to make the cut anyway. Nobody is dying if I don’t get in! Also I prefer to do my own “dirty work”. Makes me feel like I earned it and maybe I’m a sucker for the kill or be killed excitement

Very glad that it slowed down a little on the last sale, and there’s no stress anyway because Nathan has already stated that he will keep the pattern going until demand is fulfilled.

See you happy and disgruntled CPK loving folks at the next UFK sale

Maybe I’m cranky because it’s one of my rare days off and it’s raining today, or because I’m going to have to schlepp myself out of bed an hour earlier for work come tomorrow

Maybe being cranky is going around. I am very seldom, almost never, cranky, but I am today. I think I am going to attribute it to being made to feel as if I have done something wrong/bad/inappropriate by participating in the way that Nathan has always allowed up to this point.

Back