Spyderco Rubicon Goodness

Maybe lefties didn't like the model. I don't see why it's so hard to reverse the milling of a scale and tang and drill holes on both sides. That's all it takes to make a left handed model. An ambidextrous model only needs clip holes on both sides and access to the Spyderhole on both sides. The Techno, Southard and GB Air preclude left handed usage. A little change would make them lefty friendly like the Domino and Gayle Bradley.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Does anyone know an approximate release date?

I'd love to know as well. Also, the weight and street price. This could be a big winner for Spyderco if it's kept right around the $200 (or less) street price.

I'd love to know as well. Also, the weight and street price. This could be a big winner for Spyderco if it's kept right around the $200 (or less) street price.

Very unlikely, my guess would be $250-290 street price

Rubicon weighs 4.2 ounces with a 3" blade of S30V steel. Looks to have a thick spine.

b03dc32d-7bb9-4662-ba3d-c7b09d4e96be_zps0479b163.jpg

Last edited:
If this comes out in something better than S30V I will jump on it.

I want one! I like everything about it except the clip.

It's now available for pre-order on some sites for $320!! I'm not sure about you guys but no matter how good it looks, $320 is a bit too much for something with S30V.

Very unlikely, my guess would be $250-290 street price
250-290 seems very steep for 3 inches of s30v. I would guess closer to 175 since materials used are similar to Vallotton and Hungarian. 250 is closer to the Tuff and lionspy street price and they both have a large slab of titanium.
Just read actual description: Titanium liners and ball bearing washers I could see closer to 200.

Last edited:
I am going to guess $220 (good) street price. The sculpted CF and orange accents will put it a little over the Domino. Otherwise very similar construction.

I see no reason why it should be cheaper than a Southard. Handles should add quite a bit to the price to compensate for the slightly lower price of the blade...

MSRP is $499. That's where I came up with the $265-$295 I posted in another thread. Very steep indeed.

MSRP is $499. That's where I came up with the $265-$295 I posted in another thread. Very steep indeed.

Yeah, you are right with a typical 40% off. Might be a bit much for me, I love it but everyone has limits.

Yeah, you are right with a typical 40% off. Might be a bit much for me, I love it but everyone has limits.

That is exactly where I am as well. Great looking knife that has many of the features that I like. But that price is a bit stiff. We'll see if anything changes my mind regarding that issue when the knife actually comes out.

I'm not a flipper fan by any means. But this a Rubicon looks so nice that I'm going to get it anyway. And I want the Chubby too. Spyderco's line up is looking great thus far. I'm very excited !

All the places I've seen it have it for $320. It may seem steep for a spyderco but then again let's put it in perspective.

A brous reloaded with g10, titanium liners, and a D2 steel blade goes for 300 new.
The Rubicon has, some would argue, better steel and much better and intricate handle material. And we all know that Spydercos quality and fit and finish is second to none.
I'll more than likely get one. If it had a street price around 250 I'd own more than one.

Back