Spyderco Rubicon Goodness

So apparently the leftover Kai JYD pocket clip is there because the designer wanted it. Oh well, it'll be the first thing to get replaced when I get mine.

$300 is pretty steep for this one.
I like carbon fiber alright and all.... but... >_> I don't like carbon fiber THAT much.

I saw an email from a known vendor saying this model was in stock. By the time I could click the link they were all gone. I think they were just CC models most likely. Probably a good thing I missed it. I don't think I care to swing 300.00 at this model.

Man I need to get into collecting guns. They are so much cheaper these days.

I agree the price they have listed is to much for this knife. I'll pass at that price.

I like it a lot but I think it's out of the price range for me. Not saying it isn't worth it but it's more than I am willing to part with for it.

In defense of the Rubicon, I will say I like it more than I like the CRKT Hi-Jinx, and it's $100 less :p

In defense of the Rubicon, I will say I like it more than I like the CRKT Hi-Jinx, and it's $100 less :p

In defense of the Rubicon I hesitate to ask Caesar. :)

Seriously, I love the Hi Jinx and I'm sure I'll have equal sentiments towards the Rubicon. Different animals albeit both are high-quality near-custom folders.

Pre-release street pricing for the Rubicon seem to hover around $300 +/- $20 right now.

I agree the clip SUCKS, great looking otherwise.

Yeah, considering how great the rest of the knife is the clip really stands out. I plan on getting some orange G10 and CF to sculpt my own.

But considering the quality looks to be approaching very high end production-to-midtech levels, Spyderco had to keep cost down somewhere.

I, for one, am very excited to see more Spydies in this quality/price range. The Golden produced knives are all excellent utilitarian knives, but every year the selection out of Taichung grows more impressive.

Last edited:
The Rubicon is my most anticipated upcoming model. Perhaps the nice contoured CF is taking longer to produce?

KnifeWorks has the Rubicon listed now since yesterday and they actually put an ETA (4th Quarter 2014) and price ($292.95) today.

KnifeWorks has the Rubicon listed now since yesterday and they actually put an ETA (4th Quarter 2014) and price ($292.95) today.

Wow. Too much for me. The native 5 carbon fiber has cf and s110v. I'm not playing 100 more than that to have s30v.

Maybe if they put better steel in there I'll pay 300.

Last edited:
Not sure if I'm ready to pay $300 for s30v blade.

Can you imagine if they didn't use S30v? :eek:

I think the S30V was a smart choice to keep the price where it's at. Still not sure if I can fund this one yet, but it looks great. Think I will get a look at one before I decide.

If I'm not mistaken, Chris Reeves is using s35v, Hinderer is using s35v and cv20, and Strider is using s35v & s110v.

Their older models used s30v.

Back