• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

Not what I was implying. My statement was that my Survive order was filled in what I consider to be an acceptable time frame and no corners were cut on the order... meaning Survive didn’t do a crappy rush job on my order to fill it faster.

The only single comparison to Busse that I made was that I have also waited longer for a knife from them than originally anticipated. That’s all.

From an outside perspective, I am getting a different take on your situation.

You say that they did not cut corners and you received a great specimen and that they filled you order in a timely fashion.

Considering that they missed a deadline (2?) for delivering your item and only did so after a PayPal claim was initiated, calling that an "acceptable time frame" gives them undeserved props. If anything, the shipping agent is the reason for the quick delivery.

Considering the above and the fact that you received a choice specimen leads me to think that they had no need to cut corners because the knife was already done. They either expected to ship that to someone else or your PayPal claim lined up perfectly to the real delivery date they intended. Based on their history, I lean towards the former.

It absolutely is a crime if they failed to offer you a full refund once it was clear they wouldn't hit their estimated shipping date.
I’m not an attorney so I can’t really speak to that. If that’s the case then I guess that’s technically correct. But the small delay wasn’t enough for me to lawyer up or press charges. I just filed a claim and then they delivered. So for me... it’s over. I got my order. The wait wasn’t anything I’ve not experienced in the past with other knives. My experience wasn’t all that negative. That’s as plain as I can be. I wouldn’t accuse someone of a crime on a forum unless I knew for sure one had been committed. I yield to your knowledge of such things. I’ve had Amazon Prime and the USPS not deliver to me when they say they would... but in the end I got my stuff. Didn’t know they had committed a crime by not offering me a refund when they didn’t hit their mark.

From an outside perspective, I am getting a different take on your situation.

You say that they did not cut corners and you received a great specimen and that they filled you order in a timely fashion.

Considering that they missed a deadline (2?) for delivering your item and only did so after a PayPal claim was initiated, calling that an "acceptable time frame" gives them undeserved props. If anything, the shipping agent is the reason for the quick delivery.

Considering the above and the fact that you received a choice specimen leads me to think that they had no need to cut corners because the knife was already done. They either expected to ship that to someone else or your PayPal claim lined up perfectly to the real delivery date they intended. Based on their history, I lean towards the former.
My guess is I got lucky... I just happened to order and press the matter when they had stuff on hand. But anything else would just be conjecture and supposition. Since I can’t know for sure.

I’m not an attorney so I can’t really speak to that. If that’s the case then I guess that’s technically correct. But the small delay wasn’t enough for me to lawyer up or press charges. I just filed a claim and then they delivered. So for me... it’s over. I got my order. The wait wasn’t anything I’ve not experienced in the past with other knives. My experience wasn’t all that negative. That’s as plain as I can be. I wouldn’t accuse someone of a crime on a forum unless I knew for sure one had been committed. I yield to your knowledge of such things. I’ve had Amazon Prime and the USPS not deliver to me when they say they would... but in the end I got my stuff. Didn’t know they had committed a crime by not offering me a refund when they didn’t hit their mark.
If you take full payment you must offer an estimate for when the product will ship. If you don't, it's assumed to be within thirty days. If you fail to ship within that time frame you must reach out to each customer and offer them a refund or the option to keep waiting. If you don't hear back from them confirming that they want to keep waiting for their order you're legally obligated to issue a refund. What they're doing is fraud, that's why I pointed you towards the FTC reporting tool.

If you take full payment you must offer an estimate for when the product will ship. If you don't, it's assumed to be within thirty days. If you fail to ship within that time frame you must reach out to each customer and offer them a refund or the option to keep waiting. If you don't hear back from them confirming that they want to keep waiting for their order you're legally obligated to issue a refund. What they're doing is fraud, that's why I pointed you towards the FTC reporting tool.
As I said, I’ll yield to your knowledge on the topic. But at this point I consider my particular transaction with them done. PayPal even terminated the claim before I got back to them as Survive provided a tracking number and it did in fact get delivered. So all parties seem to be satisfied it’s over.

Not what I was implying. My statement was that my Survive order was filled in what I consider to be an acceptable time frame and no corners were cut on the order... meaning Survive didn’t do a crappy rush job on my order to fill it faster.

The only single comparison to Busse that I made was that I have also waited longer for a knife from them than originally anticipated. That’s all.
I just wanted to be clear

As I said, I’ll yield to your knowledge on the topic. But at this point I consider my particular transaction with them done. PayPal even terminated the claim before I got back to them as Survive provided a tracking number and it did in fact get delivered. So all parties seem to be satisfied it’s over.
They gotta have some success or the scam doesn't work. It also helps to have people say "yeah, my experience wasn't soooo bad."

Meanwhile downplaying the fact that they had to be threatened to send what was paid for. Paypal has shut them down before because of so many claims. They keep this up, it'll happen again.

They gotta have some success or the scam doesn't work. It also helps to have people say "yeah, my experience wasn't soooo bad."

Meanwhile downplaying the fact that they had to be threatened to send what was paid for. Paypal has shut them down before because of so many claims. They keep this up, it'll happen again.
Not “downplaying” anything. I stated exactly what happened. Would you like me to do it in all caps or sing a song or do a dance?

Not “downplaying” anything. I stated exactly what happened. Would you like me to do it in all caps or sing a song or do a dance?

You don't seem to agree with us on this, but to many, saying something is within an "acceptable time frame " when an escalation was involved to receive the goods is a downplay of the events.

Think of it this way. If you did a deal with a member here and they did not ship when they said they would, missed the second promised date of shipment and then it took you calling them out here in the GBU for them to ship the item, would you say that they shipped within an acceptable time frame?

You don't seem to agree with us on this, but to many, saying something is within an "acceptable time frame " when an escalation was involved to receive the goods is a downplay of the events.

Think of it this way. If you did a deal with a member here and they did not ship when they said they would, missed the second promised date of shipment and then it took you calling them out here in the GBU for them to ship the item, would you say that they shipped within an acceptable time frame?
I’m sorry I’m saying things you don’t like. Seems to be a problem these days. Can you give me a list of the appropriate things to say... I didn’t get the memo.

By acceptable amount of time I mean that it wasn’t some long protracted deal. I was able to control the situation with a PayPal claim. And were it a knifemaker on here that kept missing their due date... as long as I got what I paid for or my money back in the time frame of being able to file a claim... I’d consider it an acceptable end to the issue.

I’m not praising Survive. They didn’t deliver on time and had to be pressed with a PP claim. But it all got handled within an acceptable amount of time and I got my order. That’s kinda the end of the story.

If you guys wanna spend the next several months or years in here ranting about them until the next BF rant fest begins... that’s cool... everyone needs a hobby. But as for me... it’s done.

I don't believe for a moment that Infi-del Infi-del is here shilling etc for Perish! knives. I believe he has simply provided his most recent experience. As a group I don't think it serves anyone well to "pitchfork and torch" HONEST members here, fine to see it differently of course but there is a difference to here to so many of the "they are great there is no issue" new starters or long time apologists that appear. Clearly I am no fan of the company. My only question/comment/point from Infi-del's experience is around the purported "Delta" HT....is that what you ordered and is that what you got ?

Andy

I thought SK's main attraction was the delta heat treat? They don't do that anymore so what is the point of waiting five years from paying 300 up front for somethng like a Vendetta that is somewhat better than a SOG Pillar?

My only question/comment/point from Infi-del's experience is around the purported "Delta" HT....is that what you ordered and is that what you got ?

Andy

The blades are marked as such. Not sure how one would know past that without some kind of testing equipment. So I can’t say with 100% certainty. But they are marked delta.

I would assume that having made the announcement they are not using it anymore the blades NOT receiving that treatment would not have the delta marking.

The blades are marked as such. Not sure how one would know past that without some kind of testing equipment. So I can’t say with 100% certainty. But they are marked delta.

If anything, this proves that your knife is old stock from who knows how long ago, as they have stated they no longer choose to pay for the Delta heat treat process. They tried to make it seem like it was a minor thing, but mlmcasual mlmcasual is right, it makes their knives entirely pedestrian.

My Survive Knives order was delivered today as ordered. I placed the order in late March of this year. Took a little longer than I’d like but it certainly was not the years others have had to wait.
Considering I’ve waited longer for a Busse order in the past... my personal experience has not been a negative one. Knife looks and feels perfect too. No corners cut that I can readily tell upon inspection.

Like I said earlier... either way it went... I would report back.
Congrats, even a broken clock is accurate twice each day.

If anything, this proves that your knife is old stock from who knows how long ago, as they have stated they no longer choose to pay for the Delta heat treat process. They tried to make it seem like it was a minor thing, but mlmcasual mlmcasual is right, it makes their knives entirely pedestrian.
Now now, we don't know that SK didn't go above and beyond to provide exceptional customer service in giving Infidel exactly what he paid for and had that one knife Delta treated. I'm sure that's it. 😁

They didn’t deliver on time and had to be pressed with a PP claim. But it all got handled within an acceptable amount of time and I got my order. That’s kinda the end of the story.
Well, that is why people here don't agree with your assessment. You have much lower standards than most of us. Not an insult. Genuinely seems like the fact. And if that is producing results for you that you are happy with, you do you.

Back