• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

The difference is, unless they've changed it since I bought one, Busse only requires a small deposit upon ordering and then charges your card the full amount when the knife is ready to ship. That's exceedingly different than taking full payment up front and then going three or four full months outside of the delivery window.
Busse requires a $1 deposit on any order, and it is READILY refundable, within less than 24 hours if you ask. i've had to ask. Once they charged my card, the longest I've had to wait to actually have my knife in my hand is a little over 3 weeks.

BTW, I'm the same guy that on that video's comments said I wished they would open their forum back up. And I do. Thinking about it, with restrictions. They shouldn't be allowed to post advertising of new knives, give production updates (fictitious, likely), or any such business trolling. The point would be for them to address things said about their knives. But thinking more about it now, it wouldn't serve any purpose. Also, I didn't realize the individuals weren't banned, just their forum closed. That being the case, no need to open their forum back up. So I retract that. Don't know if I can go delete that comment. Orrrr... maybe I'll go and mention to them that they aren't banned, in case they want to address any of the things said about them directly.

Busse requires a $1 deposit on any order, and it is READILY refundable, within less than 24 hours if you ask. i've had to ask. Once they charged my card, the longest I've had to wait to actually have my knife in my hand is a little over 3 weeks.

BTW, I'm the same guy that on that video's comments said I wished they would open their forum back up. And I do. Thinking about it, with restrictions. They shouldn't be allowed to post advertising of new knives, give production updates (fictitious, likely), or any such business trolling. The point would be for them to address things said about their knives. But thinking more about it now, it wouldn't serve any purpose. Also, I didn't realize the individuals weren't banned, just their forum closed. That being the case, no need to open their forum back up. So I retract that. Don't know if I can go delete that comment. Orrrr... maybe I'll go and mention to them that they aren't banned, in case they want to address any of the things said about them directly.

Honestly, it would not surprise me if that results in you being blocked, because if others know they aren't actually banned from here, that won't fit their "We're the victims of mean ole Bladeforums" fairy tale they're pushing.

Honestly, it would not surprise me if that results in you being blocked, because if others know they aren't actually banned from here, that won't fit their "We're the victims of mean ole Bladeforums" fairy tale they're pushing.
Oh the horror....
BTW, over on Blade HQ, there are a bunch of S!K blades.... coming soon.

Theres a big difference in being late and just not having any intention of filling orders.

I bought a very early survive! and got prompt delivery so then ordered 3 more. And waited….over 3 YEARS. There were other comparable knives that I could get delivered upon order for a similar price, so I cancelled my orders. Which was a hassle. im pretty laid back and all for supporting a start up. They just over reached and made repeated poor judgement calls (selling the same knives for more money immediately to those willing to pay more than the initial offered prices, sending out bogus updates of “these are getting grinds this month and will be ready for shipping” etc) that it became a joke. All the time while holding a 0% loan from me.

Survive! Is like your meth head cousin of the knife world. Full of promises to do right with no intention of doing so while burning through your charity loan on meth that they are snorting off a stripper. No thanks. I don’t care if they’re selling unicorns that poop gold, worthless if they can’t or won’t deliver.

Oh the horror....
BTW, over on Blade HQ, there are a bunch of S!K blades.... coming soon.
I just seen that myself..absolutely ridiculous,BladeHQ shouldn’t even do business with Survive! after the way they have screwed over their customers but I get it,its certainly not BladeHQ’s fault.they know there is still a market for their knives.BladeHQ should’ve probably waited before posting their knives in their “coming soon” section though,chances are it will still be in their “coming soon” section 5 years from now.I personally,no longer have any interest in their knives.Ill just stick to Bark River,L.T. Wright,Battle Horse,etc

I thought SK's main attraction was the delta heat treat? They don't do that anymore so what is the point of waiting five years from paying 300 up front for somethng like a Vendetta that is somewhat better than a SOG Pillar?

Exactly. It was one of the main selling points.

Clearly, some buyers, some of whom have posted in this thread, don't care about the Delta low temperature heat treat protocol for CPM 3V. Some do, including me. It was a significant marketing/selling point for Survive!, and now they are choosing to not undergo the expense of the Delta process, which is purely a manufacturing compromise to "speed up" production (ahem) and lower costs... at least, that is my interpretation of Guy's video on Youtube entitled "Moving Away From The Delta Heat Treat 6/12/21", located here:

Clearly, some buyers, some of whom have posted in this thread, don't care about the Delta low temperature heat treat protocol for CPM 3V. Some do, including me. It was a significant marketing/selling point for Survive!, and now they are choosing to not undergo the expense of the Delta process, which is purely a manufacturing compromise to "speed up" production (ahem) and lower costs... at least, that is my interpretation of Guy's video on Youtube entitled "Moving Away From The Delta Heat Treat 6/12/21", located here:

That video angers me. It reads like, “How can I insult Nathan without actually insulting Nathan?”…

I hate coated blades and 3v without the Delta protocol is pretty much “meh” - good thing I’m not in the market for a Survive…🙄

....... that he can do that with a straight face is astonishing. Honestly he may even believe some of the shyte coming out his mouth now.

Impressively long thread ....

Not to add to the fire, serious question: every so often I see their knives on the exchange. Kind of interesting designs. Say you don't trust their business practices for reasons outlined in this thread, do you trust their knives technically ? Is the steel really what is claimed, the HT as it should be, etc. ? Did anybody do some comparative tests to other 3V or D3V knives recently ?

Just wondering.

Impressively long thread ....

Not to add to the fire, serious question: every so often I see their knives on the exchange. Kind of interesting designs. Say you don't trust their business practices for reasons outlined in this thread, do you trust their knives technically ? Is the steel really what is claimed, the HT as it should be, etc. ? Did anybody do some comparative tests to other 3V or D3V knives recently ?

Just wondering.
It's an excellent question and in a word "no" I don't trust anything about that company.

I would agree. First knife i got early on (2016?) seems well built but hard to believe quality is there when they are being blatantly dishonest in their business practices. Don’t know if anyone has truly scientifically evaluated the heat treats etc

I just seen that myself..absolutely ridiculous,BladeHQ shouldn’t even do business with Survive! after the way they have screwed over their customers but I get it,its certainly not BladeHQ’s fault.they know there is still a market for their knives.BladeHQ should’ve probably waited before posting their knives in their “coming soon” section though,chances are it will still be in their “coming soon” section 5 years from now.I personally,no longer have any interest in their knives.Ill just stick to Bark River,L.T. Wright,Battle Horse,etc

Perhaps the tables full of completed knives SK shows on their Instagram and YouTube are being stocked/produced for BHQ and his bud over at BSS for bulk sales. While individual sales (pre-orders) are used to pay for it?

Thanks, Rob. A fan already ... not just about D3V, but of the designs (ergonomics are outstanding, IMO) and CPK’s coorporate culture.

The most likely scenario for why SK's aren't getting the Delta treat - no matter what Guy may say- is that Carothers wisely wanted cash up front.

Back