• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Survive! Knives Forum Closed - What Changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
gso-9__02592.jpg
Well the BSS homepage states a 7/7 collaboration with SK!.

There wip wednesday should be re titled to they only work on back orders on wednesday. Yet another slap in the face for people waiting 3+ years for their order while they work on new money projects rather than the old. (Cuz they can't afford to)

You obviously know more about BSS than I care to know, and the pictured knife does look very SK!ish Wonder is Millit will make it, if it is ever made

But BSS does promote lots of gear (sell, sell, sell) including , lots of very non-SK! knives in August, 2018, as you probably know. Want pictures of those?

Just a guess based off reading, looks like the "collaboration" (which is really just a 7/7 with a custom laser engraving) was ordered 2 years ago by BSS. Question is, are they ready for immediate shipping or not. If so, that is some pretty shady timing given SK is just starting on 7/7 orders from over three years ago.

QUOTE="mlmcasual, post: 18308367, member: 347923"]SK is just starting on 7/7 orders from over three years ago.[/QUOTE]

^This is completely false.
I received my GSO 7/7 (Starter order) on July 3rd, 2017 - that's over one year and 1 month ago! Please stop lying!
upload_2018-8-10_1-10-16.png
upload_2018-8-10_1-13-25.png

Last edited:
Just to add, BlackScoutSurvival is not an 'instagrammer, he's an 'YouTub-er' if you'd like. He's much more prominent on Youtube - he's been reviewing GSO knives since they first started - I saw the first GSO review around 2012; he's actually the reason I heard of S!K, he and nutnfancy.
I never heard about Bladeforums until I searched for a way to buy a S!K knife. I wonder how many people of the over 7K followers S!K has on Intagram are even here, on BF. My guess is that under 200ppl...

Cheers!

QUOTE="mlmcasual, post: 18308367, member: 347923"]SK is just starting on 7/7 orders from over three years ago.

I received my GSO 7/7 (Starter order) on July 3rd, 2017 - that's over one year and 1 month ago! Please stop lying!
View attachment 962899
View attachment 962900[/QUOTE]

What???? What are you even talking about.
Please get your facts straight before accusing. per SK!'s own update...
  • GSO-7/7 Starter orders are all completed! We are now working on Preorders from May 2015.
SK! finished the order of STARTERS 7/7 and said they are now moving on to preorders of 7/7 which date back to May 2015. Which is over three years ago.

View attachment 962899
View attachment 962900

What???? What are you even talking about.
Please get your facts straight before accusing. per SK!'s own update...
  • GSO-7/7 Starter orders are all completed! We are now working on Preorders from May 2015.
SK! finished the order of STARTERS 7/7 and said they are now moving on to preorders of 7/7 which date back to May 2015. Which is over three years ago.

Dude, you said 'SK is just starting on 7/7 orders from over three years ago', and I said that's false, because I received my order more than 13 months ago, thus making your statement FALSE! What part don't you get? Or, were you being ambiguous just in case nobody notices your 'fake news' type of statement?

EtA: S!K said they're done with 7/7 Starters (which can actually mean a very high % of total 7/7 orders - Starters/pre-orders/pre-sales/seconds) and they are working on pre-orders. That's totally different from 'they are just starting on 7/7 orders'!

Actually, I received my 7/7 Factory 2nd not so long ago - that's an order placed in April 2017. Not like you care...

Last edited:
Providing a link to a post, instead of just saying what it said, would help.

FWIW, I think this is what CataD must be referring to:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl-9t_WA1iT/?hl=en&taken-by=surviveknives

Edited to add: all this stuff like starter / preorder / presale was confusing as heck to me but I also know of other folks who had ordered F-2nds of the GSO 7/7 which they had also received about a year ago but certainly not within the original 90 days targeted fulfillment period. The most glaring concerns going forward are the fulfillments of the GSO 4.5 / 6 / 10 / 12 / 8 / 5.1. S! may still have enough gas left in the tank to finish off the 7/7, 4.1, 2.7 and the 3.5. Shrug!

Second edit: we've seen Survive! parading blanks of their GSO 12 so perhaps their 12" pattern, whether a GSO or S!K, will also become a fulfillable pattern.

Last edited:
Dude, you said 'SK is just starting on 7/7 orders from over three years ago', and I said that's false, because I received my order more than 13 months ago, thus making your statement FALSE! What part don't you get? Or, were you being ambiguous just in case nobody notices your 'fake news' type of statement?

EtA: S!K said they're done with 7/7 Starters (which can actually mean a very high % of total 7/7 orders - Starters/pre-orders/pre-sales/seconds) and they are working on pre-orders. That's totally different from 'they are just starting on 7/7 orders'!

Actually, I received my 7/7 Factory 2nd not so long ago - that's an order placed in April 2017. Not like you care...

What are you confused about, you are not even making any sense and just hurling out insults. I never said they are just starting on 7/7 orders, I said they are starting on 7/7 orders made three years ago. Again, referring to the status update from SK!.
  • "GSO-7/7 Starter orders are all completed! We are now working on Preorders from May 2015."
Wow, you are now just STARTING on 7/7's purchased from over three years ago?

Yes, you ordered your 7/7 STARTER knife 2015 and got it 2017.. and is now 2018. Yes, SK! says they are "NOW" working on 7/7 PREORDERS placed on May 2015, which is three years ago. What part of that is confusing to you? I didn't say SK just started 7/7's.

Last edited:
What are you confused about, you are not even making any sense and just hurling out insults. Again, referring to the status update from SK!.
  • "GSO-7/7 Starter orders are all completed! We are now working on Preorders from May 2015."
Wow, you are now just STARTING on 7/7's purchased from over three years ago?

Yes, you ordered your 7/7 STARTER knife 2015 and got it 2017.. and is now 2018. Yes, SK! says they are "NOW" working on 7/7 PREORDERS placed on May 2015, which is three years ago. What part of that is confusing to you? I didn't say SK just started 7/7's.

That's exactly what you said, that S!K is just starting on 7/7 Orders!! Look, this is what you said, I'm quoting you for the 3rd time: 'SK is just starting on 7/7 orders from over three years ago'. As you can see, you said EXACTLY THAT! Again, please stop lying, your own words betray you!

EtA knarferg is right! If you would've provided a link tot S!K's post and left it at that, wouldn't have been a problem. But, you intentionally (now I'm sure of it) chose to state a falsehood just to make S!K look worse than they already do. There are many, many reasons to criticize them for. Making untrue statements about them only undermines the real ones, don't you see that?

Last edited:
I cant follow any of this. what a nightmare mess!!!
Never seen anything like it in my life.
I agree that it looks very confusing for those of us who haven’t followed the whole Survive! Knife production history, though it may make perfect sense to those members who are knowledgeable and really tuned in.

That's exactly what you said, that S!K is just starting on 7/7 Orders!! Look, this is what you said, I'm quoting you for the 3rd time: 'SK is just starting on 7/7 orders from over three years ago'. As you can see, you said EXACTLY THAT! Again, please stop lying, you're statements betray you!

How is that lying or wrong? And what is up with your attacks? SK's update is
If SK! is finished with the starters batch of 7/7 orders and says they are now starting their work on the Preorders batch of 7/7s that where paid for three ago. I never said "all 7/7's" I said 7/7's purchased three years ago. Even though it's the same model, SK! breaks their ordering and assembly into groups, Starters, Preorders, 2nds. So SK! finished your "starter" knife in over two years, and now it looks like they are on track to deliver "preorder" knifes over three years seeing how it's already been over three years.

Last edited:
How is that lying or wrong? And what is up with your attacks? SK's update is
If SK! is finished with the starters batch of 7/7 orders and says they are now starting their work on the Preorders batch of 7/7s that where paid for three ago. I never said "all 7/7's" I said 7/7's purchased three years ago. Even though it's the same model, SK! breaks their ordering and assembly into groups, Starters, Preorders, 2nds. So SK! finished your "starter" knife in over two years, and now it looks like they are on track to deliver "preorder" knifes over three years seeing how it's already been over three years.

Lol, did not attack you with anything, I just said that you made a false statement. If that's an 'attack' then a Mod can jump in and let me know - I will then act accordingly. Until then, please stop playing the victim of 'attacks'.

Again and for the last time I'm replying to you about this. The way you framed it was exactly that, you didn't say 'ALL' but you meant that - and that's exactly what I take issue with. You're initial statement:
Just a guess based off reading, looks like the "collaboration" (which is really just a 7/7 with a custom laser engraving) was ordered 2 years ago by BSS. Question is, are they ready for immediate shipping or not. If so, that is some pretty shady timing given SK is just starting on 7/7 orders from over three years ago.
You really don't see how your words are stating that SK is only now starting on 7/7 Knife orders? Really? Wow :(

Lol, did not attack you with anything, I just said that you made a false statement. If that's an 'attack' then a Mod can jump in and let me know - I will then act accordingly. Until then, please stop playing the victim of 'attacks'.

Again and for the last time I'm replying to you about this. The way you framed it was exactly that, you didn't say 'ALL' but you meant that - and that's exactly what I take issue with. You're initial statement:
You really don't see how your words are stating that SK is only now starting on 7/7 Knife orders? Really? Wow :(

I didn't say that but I "meant" that??? Are you for real?
If I meant to say "all" I would have said "all" or just 7/7's but I didn't. I said 7/7's ordered three years ago. You are using incoherent nonsensical arguments to justify ad hominen attacks for who knows why.

Multi level marketing companies often create VERY complex systems to obfuscate the fact that most people make little to no money selling their stuff. The S!K order process is similarly complex and confusing. Add in the fact that they have changed how they take and fill orders multiple times, and it is easy to see where all this confusion comes from.

When S!K rolled out the "Starter Program" in 2015 the said that they would complete each model in turn, starting with the model with the most demand. While they never guaranteed a delivery date, S!K stated multiple times that these orders should be completed within a year. (I think Ellie said at one point that they should be done by the end of 2015, but I am not going to do the search to confirm this.) Then, before finishing all "Starter Program" knives, the started selling pre-orders, seconds, ugly betties, "Wednesday Sales" and last chance orders. Many of these orders were filled before the Starter Program orders. With Starter Program customers still waiting for their knives, S!K also introduced multiple new models and filled some of those orders. At some point they also stopped completing one model at a time and started working on multiple models at the same time... confused yet? Even explaining this BS gives me a headache.

As early as the end of 2015 and many times since Ellie has made comments like "...the Starter campaign and subsequent preorders were not the finest moment in SURVIVE! history." However, while she was saying this they continued do THE SAME THINGS. Right up until they stopped taking orders a few months ago, they were selling knives that had yet to be completed.

One more thing; I find it interesting that a user and S!K fan wants to argue about the difference between "orders" and "pre-orders" taking THREE YEARS TO FILL, and yet has no interest in discussing all the other glaring issues with S!K.

Does anyone follow BlackScoutSuvival on IG? He has posted many videos over the years on his YouTube Channel reviewing, testing and promoting Survive Knives. The latest IG post hints at launching a collaboration with Survive! tomorrow. I could be wrong, but the photo looks identical to a Survive Knife. I’ve been waiting 15 months for my knife and would disappointed if they put this project in front of all the pre orders!!

I follow him and would be disappointed at this collaboration. I mean, why bother advertising a knife that no one will see for years? That makes zero sense.

One more thing; I find it interesting that a user and S!K fan wants to argue about the difference between "orders" and "pre-orders" taking THREE YEARS TO FILL, and yet has no interest in discussing all the other glaring issues with S!K.

Not sure if you're referring to me (as I'm not sure I am a fan), but, in case you are - there is no reason to discuss or defend S!K on any other glaring issues. However, I do have an issue when falsehoods come into play...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back