1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Tacticlol Knives

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by TwitchyBlade, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rustyrazor

rustyrazor KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 13, 2011
    party foul.. spydies are one of the most carried and useful locking folders around, and priced to use... couldn't agree less.

My vote is for anything from mantis or dark ops... anything with "ops" in the name is usually not worth opening the link to

2. JN7556

JN7556

Aug 17, 2015
    Is that TWO gut hooks i see?

3. SilentJohn

SilentJohn

Feb 11, 2008

Owned one, the spikes came out because they are half heartedly glued in

4. tdkfm

tdkfm

Oct 9, 2014
    Yeah not sure how that got thrown in the mix. Probably one of the better made knives ever for the price

5. Seriousbladeno1

Seriousbladeno1

Sep 11, 2014
    Despite a lot of fuss around,I actually like some of his reviews. I don't like short 2,3 mins reviews of blades.He is a bit cocky guy a lot of stuff just happend to get into his head a lot,"TNP" nation :)

6. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    I think those are for cutting multiple comms cables while operating.

7. symphonyincminor

symphonyincminor Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 5, 2005
    You do realize that he is actually a commodity manager in his "normal" day job and NUTNFANCY is his parody account, right?

8. Seriousbladeno1

Seriousbladeno1

Sep 11, 2014
    What sort of commodity he is managing? :)

9. Czechmate

Czechmate

Feb 24, 2011
    Made by Myke Hawke or Myke Hunt or something like that?... ;):rolleyes::D

More of his stuff:

[​IMG]

Literally LOL"d at this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also; Creditcardknife:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Larcivs Lepidvs

Larcivs Lepidvs

May 24, 2013
    HAHAHAHAHAHA totally insane! :stupid:

11. Grease

Grease

May 10, 2012
    Those are actually fairly decent tools. They don't hold a candle to any real knife, but for a gimmicky type of blade they're probably one of the best things available.

12. Czechmate

Czechmate

Feb 24, 2011
    :D:encouragement::encouragement::D

Nah, be honest. I have one and the flimsy disk that holds the blade in place when flat broke immediately. The whole thing is a wobbly mess folded or not. The blade "steel" takes an edge like a piece of cheddar and holds it about as well... ;):rolleyes::foot:

13. A.L.

A.L.

Jun 27, 2007
    That huge Hellion knife looks like some photoshopped joke! :,D

Yeah, I didn't mean that one literally but something like it

14. SilentJohn

SilentJohn

Feb 11, 2008
    Boomerknife, knifearang?

15. Jens Schuetz

Jens Schuetz

Jun 24, 2013
    Decurved Kukri

16. Davidfs

Davidfs

Jun 1, 2014
    Tantokri? Kukranto?

17. Jens Schuetz

Jens Schuetz

Jun 24, 2013
    Lol. Kukranto.
    Definitely.

18. Gaston444

Gaston444

Oct 1, 2014
    "They"?!? Whose "They"? Those are knives by custom maker Jay Fisher, widely recognized by all those "in the know" as the best custom combat knife maker in the world... He does a lot of fantasy blades, especially highly decorated handles, and some of that styling rubs off on some of the "users" he makes, but his users are made to function at the highest level, and are the best rated by the services using them, most of the others dreaming they could afford them...

As for the Spyderco Paramilitary 2, it's basically all handle, and about as overrated as the Sebenza. They're both just too plain to be easily made fun of, but for the hype they generate they would deserve it...

Gaston

19. Davidfs

Davidfs

Jun 1, 2014
    This is Jay Fisher's "counter terrorism knife" , but you are right, PM2s and Senenzas should be filling the pages of this thread...
    [​IMG]

In all seriousness though, the engraving on some of Mr. Fisher's knives is breathtaking and he does seem to be a world class artist, but IMHO that doesn't mean some of his designs aren't also tacti-cool

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  20. Leftytwogunz

Leftytwogunz Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Wow, settle down there. Regardless of how much you like this guy's work those last couple of fixed blades of his posted, are absolutely ridiculous. Also, while I don't currently own a PM2 or Sebenza they certainly aren't all tactical fancy. No spikes, no uber-fancy serrations, gut hooks, zombie killing features etc. and so on. They do not contain the elements standard to this thread. Don't get your panties all in a bunch, this thread is supposed to be for laughs.

Yeah, Jay Fisher definitely has some tacticool submissions.
    [​IMG]

I think this one is a submission to see how complicated we can make a kydex sheath.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

seriously though, here is a nice one.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.