Tacticlol Knives

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by TwitchyBlade, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaston444

Gaston444

Oct 1, 2014
    I'm actually not a fan of most of his designs, though I kind of enjoy the "counter terrorism knife"... He is largely a fantasy/decorative knife maker, and that does hurt the look of many of his "use-intended" designs: What I pointed out was that his work was not by the "Shadow Ops" company, which is what SilentJohn was implying by saying "they" and not mentioning his name...

Also, while the serrations he does often look decorative (SilentJohn mentions them as looking like they are done by a drunk), they are actually designed to work, being specifically designed to break in a way that preserves their cutting ability when the material is too hard... It is a specialty of his, and the performance they provide can't be replicated by machine cut serrations like the stuff Spyderco does... Just because they look "tacticool" doesn't mean they are low quality trash that doesn't work.

The "technical" sheaths are not my idea of a sheath (neither are his leather ones), but the "technical" sheaths are available for all his tactical knives, and you can bet there is a reason for every feature, as most of the features are there by user input...

As for the Spyderco Paramilitary II, the blade to handle ratio is absurd, and most of its users would be better off with a good box cutter... Or at least the Spyderco Military for that matter (at least that offers something the box cutter doesn't)... I won't even go into the Sebenza, as with lock wear/failure from hand pressure, rolling edges and crummy edge-holding, that is almost like kicking someone while they are down...

Gaston

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  2. trevitrace

trevitrace Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2013
    That second blade just screams cutting performance.

3. Cosmic Superchunk

Cosmic Superchunk

Jan 28, 2001
    Close. Very close, but the American Army Knife needs a tiger stripe blade and a wave feature for super quick deployment. Also needs a lock bar stabilizer and a braided lanyard with a skull bead so it can look badass tacticool.

4. ourgon

ourgon

Feb 27, 2013
    [​IMG]

5. Blues Bender

Blues Bender Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Good Lord!

At 4:00am you're standing on your soapbox about Jay Fisher's (goofy) knives? Then go on about the Sebenza lock strength thread???

You need to sleep-in a little later, have your coffee a little earlier, or reprioritize what you find important at 4:00am:D

6. abbydaddy

abbydaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 14, 2014
    Wow, I think someone has missed the point of the tacticlol thread.

Gaston444, just because you like Jay Fisher's stuff does not make it not silly, and just because you don't like two of the most popular and widely lauded knives I know of doesn't make a sebenza or pm tacticlol.

This is supposed to be a fun thread

7. Zemapeli

Zemapeli

Jan 26, 2013
    I dig the Karambit actually. If the knife blade was made at more of an angle, and with a different handle material and a wrist lanyard hole was drilled it would be the perfect tactical knife. Very deadly.

8. SilentJohn

SilentJohn

Feb 11, 2008
    I guess it's a good thing I don't own a sebenza or a spyderco.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  9. AdamFuzzyballs

AdamFuzzyballs

Mar 16, 2015
    [​IMG]

Personally the Busse serrations make me laugh. They just don't look effective. And besides that serrations on a quarter inch thick blade? I don't see that helping much

10. SilentJohn

SilentJohn

Feb 11, 2008
    [​IMG]

11. stabman

stabman Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Oh Gaston, I can always count on you to say the most ridiculous things. :D

12. Leftytwogunz

Leftytwogunz

Apr 30, 2013
    Wow, the possibilities with this one.

Tap, rack, bang is going to be interesting. Be careful where you drop those empty mags and better go ahead and order you some replacement seat covers.

13. SilentJohn

SilentJohn

Feb 11, 2008
    To be fair it's just a cap that goes on the magazine . Still stupid though

14. gadgetgeek

gadgetgeek

May 19, 2007
    its so you can stab the mag into the wall for a fast re-load later! Can't wait to see Keanu Reeves do it in Jon Wick 2. Or once its empty, maybe you use it as a throwing knife?

Also did someone just say something about serrations designed to break? really? Anywho. I'm more interested in a sheath designed to hold two flashlights, one of which is a mini-mag solitare, and is held with twisted wire. Was it done in the 90s?

15. XeroReversion57

XeroReversion57

Sep 15, 2012
    This made me actully lol. Hahaha

16. ourgon

ourgon

Feb 27, 2013
    Well, more than 1/4 of the blade is blunt, uncomfortable filework on handle, uncomfortable handle at all. Even PM2 has better proportion.

[​IMG]

-------------
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  17. SilentJohn

SilentJohn

Feb 11, 2008
    Not a fan of striders

18. Larcivs Lepidvs

Larcivs Lepidvs

May 24, 2013
    I think you'll like this new prototype