Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's lira? :p

I think it's pesos; still funny though IMHO... :D

Cont'd:

NINJACOMBATTWINFIGHTERBLADE!

25-7953a.jpg

Whip knife.

weapon_for_ninja_assassins.jpg

A brutal weapon forged with ninja assassins in mind, our blade with ball and chain is a hybrid design. Part chain-sickle weapon, part kyoketsu shoge (dagger with chain, hook and ring), and part modern fighting knife. The result is a close quarters weapon which offers the wielder multiple attack methods. A truly unique addition to your weapon collection.

The stainless steel guard deflects blows while allowing for an extra firm grip of the black, cord wrapped handle. Stretching 11 1/2 in. overall, not including ball and chain, this dagger features a 440 stainless steel saber style blade with hook at base.

The stainless ball and chain allow for crushing blows, at ranges both near and far, as well as the ability to entrap enemy weapons or hands.

A black nylon sheath with belt loop is included for carry while on the move, and the chain assembly may be easily detached and reattached using metal rings.

Self-flagellation anyone?... :rolleyes::foot::thumbdn:

article-1049869-026F151400000578-474_468x280.jpg

SAK knife for chicks... :thumbup::D

suisse_army_hairdryer.jpg

What's interesting to me about all of the Kerambit based knives in this thread is that the number of folks who can effectively use one of these without hurting themselves is rather small. I've actually been in some training for the forms to properly use it, and I still recall one student during a break, spinning the knife by the handle ring, like an old timey sixgun cowboy. The guy looked over at someone else, and in that split second, he raked the point across his inner forearm as it completed a revolution. Blood immediately everywhere. Still remember that fairly vividly. Not too sure why he had a "live edge" in a training class in the first place.

Some of these super chisel tip knives look like they'd make great paint scrapers, all things considered.

What's interesting to me about all of the Kerambit based knives in this thread is that the number of folks who can effectively use one of these without hurting themselves is rather small. I've actually been in some training for the forms to properly use it, and I still recall one student during a break, spinning the knife by the handle ring, like an old timey sixgun cowboy. The guy looked over at someone else, and in that split second, he raked the point across his inner forearm as it completed a revolution. Blood immediately everywhere. Still remember that fairly vividly. Not too sure why he had a "live edge" in a training class in the first place.

Karambits are cool. :thumbup:;):D Some popular ones below:

1142032292-Thomas_Mark_II_Karambit_framelock_4.jpg

images

images

karambit_ebony_by_licataknives-d6meh9l.jpg

m6-batkerambit.172202514_std.jpg

furykarambit.jpg

karambit_with_cocobolo_by_licataknives-d6ohn1y.jpg

karambit_with_spike_by_licataknives-d6m8vk8.jpg

Mini_Karambit_Spring_Assist_Knife-Purple.jpg

My favourite of the bunch:

Karambit-song%20Damascus%2002.jpg

It looks like it melted a bit LOL! :barf::barf::barf:

The Boker 155 was included in the USAF E1 Survival kit in the 1950's, but as a tool not weapon. Frank Trzaska did an article on it. Knives were in the Army Air Force Kits during WWII, including the large folder with a saw made by Imperial and others. John

The funny thing about these modern kerambits is the garish, useless complexity of the designs. The originals were simply compact sickles.

I've actually been in some training for the forms to properly use it, and I still recall one student during a break, spinning the knife by the handle ring, like an old timey sixgun cowboy. The guy looked over at someone else, and in that split second, he raked the point across his inner forearm as it completed a revolution.

Spinning isn't really a valid "technique" though, despite what some "experts" say.
I too fell into the spinning idly trap...and ended up with the tip stuck in my wrist.
Off to the hospital at 3am...yay!

So I don't bother with spinning any more. ;)

For use, a karamibt is easy; just hold the knife and cut whatever you want to cut. :D

Many of the knives posing as karambit in this thread, however, are not practical knives...they are not even karambits; they are fantasy knives designed to make money for those who manufacture them.
Which is fine; people need to make a living...but they are not karambits! :cool:

Many of the knives posing as karambit in this thread, however, are not practical knives...they are not even karambits; they are fantasy knives designed to make money for those who manufacture them.
Which is fine; people need to make a living...but they are not karambits! :cool:

Here is one of mine. Works great in the garden, and probably the best pizza cutter ever designed. In combat it would probably work well too, I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back