1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Dec 14 !

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Dec 15 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Team Gemini Ultra Light Brigade!!!. . . . Coming Wednesday 9-25-2019!!!!. . . . 9:00 PM Eastern!!!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Sep 15, 2019.

1. extrastout

extrastout Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2013
    So this "deep" dish hollow grind with thinner stock means not much of a deep chopper?....more of a combat/zombie knife?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  2. extrastout

Mar 10, 2013
    Team Gemini (TG)
    Model Blade Steel Blade Length Overall Length Weight Blade Thickness List Price Options Year
    Team Gemini Combat Grade INFI 7.75" 13.125" 20 oz. 0.250" $327 Tanker gray coating, black canvas micarta handles 2010

Team Gemini M Combat Grade (CG TG-M) INFI 6.25" 11.75"
    .220" $347 Blade: Black, muddy brown, desert sage, tanker gray
    Handles: Black canvas micarta, tan canvas micarta, +? black G10, +? black/green G10, +? black/red G10, +? black/tan G10, +? black/orange G10, +? black/blue G10 2015

Team Gemini Light Brigade INFI 7.75" 13.25" .250" $337 Blade: Black, jungle green, desert sage, muddy brown, tanker gray
    Handles: Black canvas micarta, tan canvas micarta, black paper micarta, +50 black/green G10, +50 black/red G10, +50 black/tan G10, +50 black/orange G10, +50 black/blue G10 2012

Battle Grade Team Gemini (BG TG) SR-101 7.75" 13.25"
    .220" $257 Blade: Black, muddy brown, desert sage, tanker gray
    Handles: Black canvas micarta, tan canvas micarta, +? black G10, +? black/green G10, +? black/red G10, +? black/tan G10, +? black/orange G10, +? black/blue G10 2015

3. Chris A

Chris A Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 5, 2012
    I’m in on the pricing. Now I need to go in the safe and get my Gemini’s out while I wait for the Ultra Light :D

4. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    I agree :) I also had mine done in Comp finish but added coyote black g10. Both options weren’t even on the menu then :)

That clip point sounds pretty awesome !! :)

5. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
    @duramax on the 2012 part (I fumbled the quote).

Kind of late in the day for me to be doing actual math, but 3% inflation/yr over 7 yrs would make $337 = $414 in today’s dollars. FWIW.

And @Brummie I’d love to see that clipped custom if you still have it (?). Sounds nice.

hydeinmind, duramax and extrastout like this.
  6. extrastout

Mar 10, 2013
    and 7 more years of Busse perfecting their craft on top. American made!

duramax and mb> like this.
  7. sixplymaple

sixplymaple Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 3, 2018
    This BIG DC coating costs the same as the Forsaken Gemini competition finish.

8. Robdude

Robdude Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Hand smooth option please.. this is the perfect blade for that feature

zombieassassin likes this.
  9. Brummie

Brummie

Jan 13, 2007
    mb> likes this.
  10. einsteinjon

einsteinjon Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Was it said somewhere that I missed how long before these start shipping?

11. UNRL Ghandi

UNRL Ghandi Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 24, 2013
    Really digging the Crabshack nuclear option on this one! ***cough***

CataD and sixplymaple like this.
  12. Slayer_Slaine

Slayer_Slaine

Sep 25, 2016
    Would also be very interested to know this. Is it just an optical illusion or is the tang proud?

13. hydeinmind

hydeinmind Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2015
    I believe it was DC with Black and Tan g10.

Prédateur likes this.
  14. inkynate

inkynate Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2010
    They certainly appear to be, which makes sense if the tang is also fully chamfered.

Gotta admit, I'm not generally a fan of proud tangs or liners. Still tempted, especially since this drops on my b-day, but wish it had the standard flush scales, sabre grind, and the old fuller tbh.

15. extrastout

Mar 10, 2013
    I think it is, but infi on this gem is melted down by nuclear so should blend nicely and dig in and hold on a tight grip.

duramax likes this.
  16. Wharn

Wharn Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Looks awesome. Bring back tanker gray. I had a TGLB in tanker gray and sold it off foolishly years ago.

17. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    The WayBack Machine says the base price for a TGLB when offered on the Busse website from 2013 to 2015 was $387.

The handle was Tan and Black G10. The blade was uncoated, but it's hard to tell exactly what, although I think probably satin. My Daryl Dixon TGLB is Competition Finish with Tan and Black G10, which was about as close as you could get at the time.

Prédateur, Apocalyps and duramax like this.
  18. David Brown

David Brown Kydex Sheath and Holster Artist :) Moderator

Jun 4, 2001
    [​IMG]

tom jones, gorshi, Apocalyps and 5 others like this.
  19. JackTheKnifeGuy

JackTheKnifeGuy Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2017
    couple comp safe queens and One coated user. Cant decide on a color combo though.

One thing is certain. The black with red and black g10 is damn gorgeous.

duramax and sixplymaple like this.
  20. CookieRawwr

CookieRawwr Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2014
    I paid 387.00 plus the g-10 handles and shipping for a total of 450.00 for a combat grade TGLB back in 2014. My first Busse, I really like it to this day. Well I am in for at least one of these, maybe another one if I can bring myself to sell a couple Busses which I have only done once.

duramax likes this.