The Bush Hermit thread

Here's a modified picture putting the two next to one another. The original can be found in this thread where I wrote about the Bushcraft Tasker.
41972831250_1a79bf1a72_b.jpg
These comparisons help immensly!

Without the opportunity to go to blade or the shop. It is very difficult to cypher through all the Crafts, Fingers, Nubs, Raptors, and Hermits. Let alone the old ladies, new ladies, and little ladies.

Then there is the Woodchuck! Where did the woodchuck come from??

Note to self;
Reread note to self about tannerite above!

I’m planning a camping trip soon and decided to take only the Bush Hermit. I think it’ll handle about everything I need it to do. Food prep, cleaning fish, basic camp chores and a bit of carving and knife play and throwing into a tree.

Here's a pic of Russell's @Cohutta Bush Hermit that he stole from me.

You sold that gorgeous knife? :eek: What were you thinking? :rolleyes: We might have to change your moniker to “Dumb Deal Bob.”

My old boss always said that it only takes one “Aw :poop:“ to wipe out “999 Attaboys.” Regret has a bitter taste that lingers on...

Nice score Russell! :thumbsup:

Phil

You sold that gorgeous knife?

No. My good buddy (not so good I guess) actually went and stabbed me in the back with one of his dull Cochuttie blades and then had a mutual friend (Mr. Wild Kingdom) sell it to him. I didn't want it anyway. I'm sure the HT was too soft and you know there were most likely glue lines and material separations everywhere. Basically a real blem or factory 3rds Bush Hermit, compared to mine.

My favorite custom Fiddleback. If you haven't yet "used" a Bush Hermit, you need to. It's the perfect all around size knife. My personal opinion on this model is that it's a bigger full size knife that can feel small when needed to do the fine stuff. One minute I'm batoning with it, next I'm carving or processing food or game. I'm one of the users that likes the idea of a "one knife" option and the Bush Hermit is the one for me.

Back