The "I've Been Here a Year and I Appreciate You" GAW ***WINNERS ANNOUNCED***

Congrat's on your one year, Darren, I hope to see you around the Porch for many more!

In short, I came for the knives and stayed for the people.

I would like a chance at that 78.

This is definitely one of the best things about this little section of the forum. It's a very generous gesture. A lot of you guys have given me advise and answered a ton of questions for me about all kinds of stuff. I really think it's great that guys and gals that never met and live all across the world can talk about a shared interest. I appreciate everyone here and I appreciate the chance to win such cool knives. I really dig the 73, and due to issues that deeply affected my knife budget....I'd keep that sucker ;)
The Porch is a wealth of information and one of the main resources available. In fact, I am always surprised when I find collectors, outside of here, that either haven't heard of BF or never took the time to dig into it and find our sub-forum.
Thanks for your entry and good luck :thumbsup:

Congrats on the impending one-year anniversary, Darren! :thumbsup::thumbsup::) IMHO, you've made fantastic contributions to The Porch in the past year! :cool::cool::thumbsup: A couple of my favorites are the photoshopping skills that you use to show us the knives of our dreams, and the way you put your intro stats class into practice in the context of the GEC database you created (that's me speaking while wearing my statistics teacher hat). :thumbsup::thumbsup::rolleyes:

Thanks also for this generous GAW! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I usually don't enter GAWs involving GEC knives because I think others appreciate those knives much more than I do (but a GEC 73 certainly gives me second thoughts ;)). Since you're allowing us to enter for someone else, I'm going to participate after all. As @redsparrow noted, there are MANY Porch denizens worthy of my support; I narrowed my choices down to four members, and picked one almost at random. :rolleyes:

I'd like my entry to "represent" screened porch screened porch , who I think indicated a preference for the 78 American Jack.

Again, congrats and thanks, Darren! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:
Best wishes to all the participants! :D

- GT
Thanks Gary :) I initially had a hard time with that class but statistics was one of my favorites so far. I use my database almost daily to help answer questions for folks. Awesome gesture to nominate @scrteened porch good luck :thumbsup:

I totally forgot about Darren’s database! He’s definitely related to MacGuyver.
Ha! I find great value in data and being informed...the database was a logical thing for me and it has been a tremendously useful resource so far. I did make it available to everyone but not sure how much other people use it.

Congrat's on your one year, Darren, I hope to see you around the Porch for many more!

In short, I came for the knives and stayed for the people.

I would like a chance at that 78.
Thank you sir :) That sums it up quite nicely! Thanks for your entry and good luck :thumbsup:

Thanks for the GAW! I'd love the 73. It's one of my favorite patterns.
You're welcome sir good luck :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I was planning to draw names tonight but looks like I'll be at Game 4 of the NBA Finals instead :)
I'll leave this up today to see if anyone else wants to join the GAW and revisit tomorrow.
Go Dubs! :):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

But tomorrow is game 1 of the Super Regionals....:D

Well, I guess I’ll try for the 73 at the buzzer! The porch has been a much needed outlet to share something I enjoy with people who actually care. I’ve learned a lot, both about knives and about many other aspects of life. Lately, I’ve been mostly browsing as time allows, but I also love the high art photography!
Congrats on the milestone, and thanks for the contributions!

Well, I guess I’ll try for the 73 at the buzzer! The porch has been a much needed outlet to share something I enjoy with people who actually care. I’ve learned a lot, both about knives and about many other aspects of life. Lately, I’ve been mostly browsing as time allows, but I also love the high art photography!
Congrats on the milestone, and thanks for the contributions!
Thanks Mike good luck :thumbsup:

Well...the Dubs lost and I had to sit next to drunk/obnoxious Raptor's fans who wouldn't shut up the entire game...which is pretty much the worst-case scenario unless the Raptor's lost that game. But that's ok! Today is a new day and I get to give away some cool knives to kick off the weekend :)

Before I do so...I wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their contributions and allowing me this vehicle for interaction with all of you. I also want to thank everyone for their kind words :) I really do appreciate you.

So here are the winners!

The first number drawn...
GAW_01.jpg

Post 10 is Trevor @t.willy for the #73!!!

Second number drawn...
GAW_02.jpg

Post 80 is Gary @5K Qs who nominated screened porch screened porch for the #78!!!

Congratulations both of you :):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Send me your shipping info and I'll get these out. Also reach out to @Misplaced Hillbilly because he added a few knives to the pot :)

Back