Off Topic The looker

Personally I’ve never needed a pocket knife other than a utility knife during my days in the field.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. This still holds true today. :( But that’s no fun!

While I would certainly never use a knife for the former two examples, stripping wire is well within the realm of realistic uses for a good knife. Having three to four times more edge real estate to work with makes for a lot of quality of life improvements.

I find myself in situations often where it isn't worth the effort of going back to my tool bag for one thing. Luckily, my Leatherman Rebar is always there to save the day. Since I carry it in tandem with a knife, the standard edge blade on it remains as sharp and unused as the day it was purchased.

50fnwZV.jpg

I hadn't thought to suggest a PBMT.... I was mostly looking at this from the angle of: "construction site = wood dust, plaster dust, gravel, mud, and lots of hard surfaces for something to get dropped on or knocked against. Best go with the option which is least expensive and potentially least painful when it gets boogered up, lost, or.... apprenticed". A Leatherman would do the job and then some, I'm just not sure how I feel about recommending it, knowing how many sticky fingers and "everything's a hammer" kinda people on the average site.

Why is it that I'M the one in the HR meeting, when they're the one who thought it was a good idea to use my flat blade as a pry tool? How does that work?

Olfa 18mm with retractable snap-off blade, aluminum handle. Buy blades in packs of 50 or 100. Excellent lifetime tool. I've had a couple of these (older style) for close to 30 years and use them daily.

03762CBE-7FC1-4E29-A6D7-5BD1161BDF6E.jpeg

I must admit ya’ll are certainly stirring me to use my higher end knives more and not baby them as much. After all they are hard use by design.

It is hard to do initially. But for myself…once I got those couple good marks on the blade, I found out what that particular knife feels like. I appreciated it more.

I’m a perfectionist so that first “cut is the deepest.” Dang scratches. Hahaha!

It is hard to do initially. But for myself…once I got those couple good marks on the blade, I found out what that particular knife feels like. I appreciated it more.

That’s it, you’ve inspired me. I’m gonna go scratch a Reeves right now!😂

K390. From the time I found out a wharncliffe version was coming out, I waited about a year before they finally hit the dealers.

I’m partial to wharncliffe’s for work. K390 I haven’t gotten the pleasure to use yet. Hmmm….

I must admit ya’ll are certainly stirring me to use my higher end knives more and not baby them as much. After all they are hard use by design.

That first scratch is kinda awkward and unsightly and may require a dose of copium, but in due time the whole becomes the sum of its parts and is a personalized work of art.

17oRC7G.jpg

V8cC0io.jpg

That first scratch is kinda awkward and unsightly and may require a dose of copium, but in due time the whole becomes the sum of its parts and is a personalized work of art.

17oRC7G.jpg

V8cC0io.jpg

Oof. That top photo hurts MY heart. 🤣😂 It needs friends.

Home Depot is currently closing out their Klein tools.

FYI.

I like to get a few Kershaw offshore knives when I see them on sale. Cheap and no worry.
20230709_095145.jpg

Look at my new Hellcat!! I drive it for work at a construction site. Today I hauled concrete blocks and pushed around some pallets of equipment. I really dig how it handles. It is starting to develop a patina.

a831f193-b6bd-4a39-b21b-8fec05c5d949.JPG

I apologize to the thread for my cheap attempt at humor.

FYI.

I like to get a few Kershaw offshore knives when I see them on sale. Cheap and no worry.
View attachment 2273395

Look at my new Hellcat!! I drive it for work at a construction site. Today I hauled concrete blocks and pushed around some pallets of equipment. I really dig how it handles. It is starting to develop a patina.

View attachment 2273394

Well done

FYI.

View attachment 2273395

View attachment 2273394

If you can afford it…more power to ya! 😁

Back