Off Topic The looker

You mean they're not going to carry them in store anymore??
Klein-Tools-Clearance-at-Home-Depot-2023-Test-Meters.jpgKlein-Tools-Clearance-at-Home-Depot-2023-Insulated-Hand-Tools.jpg

I can't say it is forever, but....

I don't want to post a link but a quick search on the goog will reveal more infotainment on the subject.

I do concrete. I have an orange buck 112 slim in my pocket and a cold steel sr1 lite in my bags. I carried a honey badger for a while till I lost it. I like the buck, USA made at a great price and the orange is easy to find. I kinda miss the honey badger the flipper and bearings made it a great one hand op knife. I have nicer knives I carry when not at work. Whats that cheap spyderco model? Delica? Almost got one of those instead of buck. Oh and don’t forget the leather man in my other pocket.

I've had many knives and now carry the CRK Umnumzaan exclusively, which means "the Boss" in Zulu. Chris Reeve being from South Africa...
It does it all. My blade is only S30V, but still holds a find edge a long time. I really enjoy this knife...over my Sebbies and anything else.

Really no one. Said.fixed blade yet......

HOW ABOUT A FIXED BLADE??? YEP I'M YELLING😂.

A Mora.to beat on and whatever strikes your fancy.for the rest!!!

Your welcome!👍👍👍

😉

My employer does not allow fixed blades of any blade length, and only folders with sub-3" blades. An HR was somewhere they shouldn't have been, saw an outside contractor with a sheath knife, and threw a fit about "dangerous weapons". A couple years ago, they tried to give us those auto-retracting utility knives that you had to hold the button all the time or the blade acted like it was cold out. Most of them ended up in the dumpster the first day.

I'm not sure that a fixed is any "better", in this case. Having to get it back in a sheath that you may not be able to see, without jamming yourself in the leg while up a ladder? With all the other tools at a jobsite, hopefully your knife is being used mostly for opening bags and boxes, and sharpening your carpenter's pencil. It's part of a group of complimentary tools which means you don't need to "beat on" it.

My employer does not allow fixed blades of any blade length, and only folders with sub-3" blades. An HR was somewhere they shouldn't have been, saw an outside contractor with a sheath knife, and threw a fit about "dangerous weapons". A couple years ago, they tried to give us those auto-retracting utility knives that you had to hold the button all the time or the blade acted like it was cold out. Most of them ended up in the dumpster the first day.

I'm not sure that a fixed is any "better", in this case. Having to get it back in a sheath that you may not be able to see, without jamming yourself in the leg while up a ladder? With all the other tools at a jobsite, hopefully your knife is being used mostly for opening bags and boxes, and sharpening your carpenter's pencil. It's part of a group of complimentary tools which means you don't need to "beat on" it.

That's a shame...Best of luck with the search.

Pitch another vote on the pile for a CRK Large Inkosi...
But a Honderer XM-18 would also be a solid choice!

Pitch another vote on the pile for a CRK Large Inkosi...
But a Honderer XM-18 would also be a solid choice!
I carried a couple hinderers for work, both an MX-18 and an Eklipse. Great strong knives, just needed better slicing and a slimmer better carrying knife. There’s days with no pouches just pockets space was a premium.

So I still stick with my initial response and think that CRK's are a good choice for the OP parameters of a USA made work knife; but that being said, "construction" is a pretty wide category/term.

Maybe the OP can more clearly define what specifically they do? Cutting carpet all day, I would definitely go with a box cutter. Same for someone who has to open bags of aggregates/grout, etc; that will dull a blade quite quickly.

I am a superintendent and do carry a CRK daily, but I don't wear bags anymore; that doesn't however exempt me from daily cutting chores. A typical day involves cutting cardboard, visqueen, plastic banding/zip ties, nylon straps, stripping wire, and similar activities - I might even use a knife very occasionally to lightly pry. Even yesterday I was cutting open some tabs on paint buckets that needed a little coercing as well as some acoustical mat for floor underlayment.

The Insingo blade in particular is quite suited for these types of activities; it is a very useful blade shape. I definitely would agree that one needs to use the right tool for the job, depending on what the OP's anticipated uses are I could revise my answer.

For the record I have my crk in my pocket today, ready to hard use on anything that gets in my way!! Thanks to the inspiration from Sharp n Fiery and Sailfish!!

Woah woah! Who said anything about taking an inlayed Sebenza!? 🤣😂🤣😂.

Beautiful knife. Just beautiful.

Also, while I prefer the Insingo blade, I’m sure that the Tanto is a great choice.

Welcome to getting to know and love a Sebenza…the courting period is over. mitchnola mitchnola 😁

Back