Thrifty Thursday... Cheap Traditional Knives

Opening Day!.
eT9hxuK.jpg
Go Cards! (Got the right season this time! :D;):thumbsup:)

I paid a dollar at an estate sale for this oddity. The only stamp is on the ear spoon(?) where is says Czechoslovakia. The blade is flat ground, as in completely flat, there is no bevel at all. The edge is the same thickness as the spine. The toothpick and ear spoon both fold between the liners and the plastic covers. It's about 2 inches closed.
kC7Klvdl.jpg

I've seen well made traditional knives go up 3-4 times, and more, than the asking price just 5yrs ago. For Thrifty Thursday, I submit the CASE Peanut with jigged brown synthetic handles. One can be bought today, and within just a couple of dollars of what I paid for this one 23yrs ago in 1998, when purchased from the ship's store while stationed aboard the USS Stephen W. Groves FFG-29.

This knife is built like a little tank and works well above it's weight, while being non-threatening. It has excellent F/F and the easily sharpened half-stop blades have superb snap. This value offering from CASE is a great American made knife and priced so it's perfect to be carried and used as an EDC cutting tool without much thought to monetary value. It's a work knife, not a collecting or show and tell knife ... but I guess I just did that LOL

CK1I6vf.jpg

Last edited:
"The sword is not for a traitor! You die by the knife!"
From my proto-rambito days. I exchanged the first one because it had a lopsided grind. The guy said that was just the way they were, but I found an even one.
dyWlZAC.jpg

And its little brother from the same military surplus/junk store downtown.
GsPNJIR.jpg

The first one I had was a Buck 373 "Special edition." Just a chinese-made cheapy but it has a good strong pull and decent walk n talk. Will probably hold onto it just because.

José, I have a scout knife exactly like that! My wife got it for me for Christmas one year, I think. Did yours come in a set with several knives and multitools (and a flashlight) in a nylon pouch?

Thank you very much, Gary. This was bought already used, in a used market.;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back