Ti/Carbon Fiber S90v Military sale

It's just wear, surface abrasions and scratching. Unless the user is an alien who has some sort of extraordinarily corrosive sweat.

Aliens don’t need knives! Unless you mean political aliens, or registered green card holders.

I honestly had chipping on the factory edge. 5 chips in total. Sharpened out easy enough, and haven’t had a problem since. Been cutting anything I can get my hands on, and the S90V is doing great.

So, I wonder if the cause could be the sharpening equipment’s belt was near the end of its useful lifespan and thus overheated the edge on yours?

Out For Delivery!

Edit: received and what can I say? Wow! Flawless knife, it’s quite the specimen. Perfect centering, partially-free falling blade that will likely break in nicely, 45-50% lockup, zero lock stick...just great things! I was wondering if Knifeworks would have cherry picked the better ones to this point and be down to only the lesser examples, but that wasn’t the case for me. As much as I want to swap the blade out, I’m concerned it can only get worse with me mucking it up. Might as well give the S90V a fair shake.

Last edited:
My first Millie and digging it.
Carries really small for such a large knife.

F&F very impressive

That package for $150 is a steel. Enjoy
Can’t kick it out of my pocket. It’s a monster cutter. Good thing I got DMT diamond stones though. Wouldn’t want to attempt sharpening on anything less.

Can’t kick it out of my pocket. It’s a monster cutter. Good thing I got DMT diamond stones though. Wouldn’t want to attempt sharpening on anything less.
Yah, mine took forever to get a mirror polish... but it got scary sharp so I'm happy. Mine came medium sharp compared to my cruwear and 204 millies.

Mine in s90v was chipping with normal use too. After a minor touch up it hasn't had any issues, but tbo I'm cautious with it now cause of it. Also my 940-1 has had chipping on the s90v even after re profiling. I'll have to eventually set a better angle on them so it doesn't happen anymore. Have the same issue with chipping on s110v and vg10. Nothing hard use, just normal cutting and slicing. The s110v hasnt chipped since re profile. S90v millie hasn't chipped yet since touching up.

Haven't needed to sharpen the s90v on the military since cause it lasts forever

What are you using to sharpen? Material/grits?

Also what is normal to you? My normal is cardboard, zip ties, strapping on pallets. I only suffer chipping when I hit staples.

What are you using to sharpen? Material/grits?
I used the kme diamond stones to reprofile/sharpen the s90v Benchmade, and a ceramic bench stone to remove the chips when they occur.. I Used some venev bonded stones to touch up the military... Just a few passes and then Stropped. S110v just used the venev bonded diamond stones. Definitely appreciate the bonded diamond stones on these steel types. Worked great on maxamet too. Forget the grit ratings on the venevs.

Back