Traditional knives and records

The image art is a "droodle" (being a doodle and a riddle) by Roger Price. Simple doodles to which you're supposed to guess what they are. Wrong answers aren't necessarily wrong, as long as they fit. Also titled "Mother pyramid feeding her baby", this one is better known as "Ship arriving too late to save a drowning witch", which FZ also used as a song title on the album.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Droodles

Very cool info, Aaron! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

That is a great album, I think I am going to hunt one down. Thanks !...
;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ive been adding some oldie but goody tunes to my phone. Glad I found this thread.
KEaEQOw.jpg

CSN&Y and the Case canoe are both incredible classics IMHO! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Another quiz (for everyone except sitflyer sitflyer ;)): who/what is this the back cover for?
??.back.jpg

- GT

I'm going to have to go through this thread now...I had a record collection that started when I was twelve years old, about two years back, my wife asked me to move them upstairs or into a storage unit, we were preparing our house for showings to sell, and looking at a smaller place. I saw the writing on that wall, and also decided I just didn't want to move that pile of vinyl again...so Icontacted a dealer and moved them along to a new home, there were somewhere over 800 records in that pile, all sorted by genre and alphabetized. 37 years of accumulating them, it was a little sad, but also, extremely liberating to be free of that huge pile of music...

I'm going to have to go through this thread now...I had a record collection that started when I was twelve years old, about two years back, my wife asked me to move them upstairs or into a storage unit, we were preparing our house for showings to sell, and looking at a smaller place. I saw the writing on that wall, and also decided I just didn't want to move that pile of vinyl again...so Icontacted a dealer and moved them along to a new home, there were somewhere over 800 records in that pile, all sorted by genre and alphabetized. 37 years of accumulating them, it was a little sad, but also, extremely liberating to be free of that huge pile of music...
CRAZY TALK! ;):p:D

I might see the wisdom in your words if I ever have to move my record collection. :D

Last edited:
CRAZY TALK! ;):p:D

I might see the wisdom in your words if I ever have to move my record collection. :D
They had been packed and moved two times already...I did not have it in me to move them again... It was a decision that was not made lightly, and I was tempted to go through them and select a few favorites, but alas I realized that even that would be an onerous undertaking, at my age I am beginning to understand that less can sometimes be more...

I talk to the wind...
Do you ever get that song confused with Clint Eastwood singing "I Talk to the Trees" in Paint Your Wagon? :confused::p

I can understand your mixed feelings, Duane; that's a major change in lifestyle! :eek: I have less than a quarter that number of LPs that have been through many moves. But I haven't moved in about 35 years now, and the strange thing is I haven't played any of my LPs for close to 30 years, I'll bet. When our daughter was born, the music we played in the house was much more "kid-centric", and the media was either cassette tapes or, eventually, CDs. Later, I started to introduce her to some of "my music" but it was via cassettes or CD versions of some, but by no means all, of my favorite albums.

But I'm kind of glad I still have my LPs, and I hope I can start listening to them in the basement while I spend 30-45 minutes on the Schwinn Aerdyne each day trying to stay (or get) in shape. Might have to get a new stylus and/or cartridge for my wife's old record player though; my semi-decent equipment is long gone. :(

Here's a Saturday night quiz for any jazz fans out there. Who's the artist on this album? I'm posting the back cover.
??.back.jpg

- GT

I forgot I had this one. Big smile when I found it. Back in high school I knew this girl who really liked Joan Jet and........:)

The blade belonged to my father. After WW2 he lived the biker life for awhile. The guys carried razors in addition to a regular folding/fixed blade. He gave up the Harley but continued to carry a razor for most of the rest of his life.
I thought it was appropriate for JJ.
ivxwD02.jpg

Nice. I grew up in a Chicago suburb, so I grew up with Dick Biondi on WLS playing all that big horn rock. The Ides of March, the Buckinghams, Earth Wind & Fire, and of course, Chicago. My dad saw pretty much all of them when he was a teen. He said a lot of them really sucked live because they didn't actually have horn sections, but just used them in the studio for the records. Often, it was the players from Chicago that backed up the other bands.

Back