Uncle Bill Is Gone

I don't know much about the HI forum but I do know that Bill was a very much loved and respected individual who had a profound presence among everyone here.

He will be greatly missed.

Sincerest condolences to all his close ones.

Yes, he has spirited to a better place.

Yangdu, my prayers for you will continue. Rusty too.

Bill made a great impression on me, and I am a better man for having known him through this place. The good he has done for me will pass on through whatever small good I can go for others in my time that remains.

Engraving lasts as long as the metal into which it is cut.

Bill, a finely honed life, made many beautiful and deep marks in all of us.

May they be visible still in this place, and may we continue the work.

Tom

:(

Just heard,
Wish I'd been better about staying around the Cantina recently, while I had the opportunity. My thoughts are with you, Yangdu.

Warren

Goodbye Uncle Bill.

At first I felt a cold and hollow feeling in my chest - a shock when I learned of his death. However, after a few minutes, I felt a warmth infuse me.

He made my life richer for his being here. I'm a better man for having met him - even though it was just on the forum.

We are not diminished due to his passing. We are enriched for his living. Thank you Uncle Bill... For everything in general and nothing in particular. I'll miss reading your wry wit and kind sentiments. Someday our paths will cross again. Until then, take care and save me a beer.

Yangdu... My deepest condolences. Please let us know if there is anything we can do. Please.

David

I'm so sorry to hear of Uncle Bill's passing. I just got the word from Pendentive and have been out of the office. My heart and prayers go out to Yangdu and family. If there is anything I may do please let me know......

My sincerest regrets.....

Steve

After reading the comments from the folks on this forum, through my heart felt sadness, I don't believe this kind, trusting and generous man is truly gone.....but lives on in our thoughts, and certainly in our hearts. Deepest sympathy, Yangdu.

We all pass to the other side, and those who truly wish meet again.

Farewell for now my Friend

Sad but also glad that he is no more in pain. Another great journey in his next life. Brave but not forgotten.
We miss you Bill......

This is one of those days when you really hate to receive mail.
For me the problem is not that Uncle Bill is dead, because I believe I'll see him again. That is not what saddenes me. The problem is that he is no longer here, and I'll have to wait to see him again, and that makes me sad.
I know that when mi time comes, Uncle Bill will one of the guys waiting for me there with a Heineken and one Kukh he knows it is perfect for me.
Smoke and prayers from SoCal to him and Yangdu.

Please say if there is something else we can do.

Teo

PLEASE LORD TELL ME WHY????? :( That is all I keep saying to myself.Yangdu please except condolences....I just found out 1342hrs.I wish I could have met you sooner Tio Bill.I should have checked my mail earlier. :footinmou

I will carry my AK today in honor of Bill Martino... ;) God bless all of you.Be strong Yangdu.

Back