1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

We lost one of our own today......

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by Ken C., Nov 7, 2019.

1. Ironkid883

Ironkid883

Jun 29, 2018
    Tragic news .
    The loss a bladeforums brother my condolences to those who knew him on and off the forums and his family of course .
    May he rest in piece

2. t.willy

t.willy Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2016
    I'm really sorry to hear that ken. Though I never knew him personally myself I'm pretty sure we did a few transactions back and forth over the years. R.I.P. Ed

3. The Mastiff

The Mastiff Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 21, 2006
    I hate reading this. He was a great mod and seemed to be a really good person from the few interactions I had with him. He was consistent and really seemed to care about this forum and the community that hung out here. I wondered where he went during the last couple years. I'm not a drinker anymore but I'll pour a fresh cup of coffee and have a drink in his name!

Joe

4. StuntDouble

StuntDouble

Apr 26, 2004
    My condolences to his friends and family.

5. The Warrior

The Warrior Insane Viking Moderator

Mar 11, 2011
    Wow, just saw this. So sad, he was awesome. Prayers headed out to his family. May he rest in peace.

6. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    Oh no! Too many people have passed away too soon :(
    G2

jbmonkey likes this.
  7. Win Heger

Win Heger Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2000
    Very sad to hear this, a truly nice man, a pillar of our community. I haven't been back East in 15 years, seems only yesterday we were staring the New Jersey club. R.I.P., Ed

8. the rat

the rat Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2009
    So sorry to hear this! We are praying for his family in their time of grief.

9. 115Italian

115Italian

Nov 13, 2015
    When I started on this forum a couple years ago, I was green, a newbie who didn’t quite understand how to play well with others all the time. He was one of the mods to gracefully steer me straight. A bladeforums father figure in a way. Thank you. Rest In Peace.

FullMetalJackass likes this.
  10. Yo Mama

Yo Mama

Sep 25, 2011
    He always cared about others, and helping to lift one's spirit. I hope he is with his loved ones now and at peace.

11. AFAustin

AFAustin Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 8, 2004
    Very sorry to hear this. Sincere condolences to his family.

Andrew

12. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Condolences to his family and friends. Ed had a stern hand over the forum but at the same time was friendly and kind to all.

13. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    A man that truly will be missed, R.I.P.

jbmonkey likes this.
  14. Jody744

Jody744 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Godspeed brother.

15. PNWhovian

PNWhovian

Jan 16, 2015
    I never had the opportunity to interact with him but I’d like to express my condolences to his friends and his family.

16. r redden

r redden Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 23, 2015
    I'm very sadden by this news I never knew him except for his post here but I think of all our knife loving brothers and sisters on BF as family.

Prester John likes this.
  17. FullMetalJackass

FullMetalJackass Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Really sad. Nice, knowledgeable guy and a hell of a mod.
    Prayers to his family and friends.

18. FrankDL

FrankDL

May 15, 2001
    Sad to say goodbye to a fine member of our knife collecting community. RIP ED.

19. Monofletch

Monofletch Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Damn. He was one of the good ones.

20. Square_peg

Square_peg Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 1, 2012
    A sad loss for the world and Bladeforums.