We lost one of our own today......

Sincere condolences to Esav's family in addition to the his Blade Forums' family and the entire BF community.

I'm not a veteran BF.com member like most who have already commented but I do recall seeing his presence as one of the most active SuperMods on the older Site format when I had joined a few years ago. Of course he still owns the most post count record by a head and shoulders above anyone else's despite the fact that he had been absent from here for quite while. Although post count is not indicative of any quality, I just happen to often read very old threads and posts just for research and learning and have come to the conclusion that Esav was both a very thoughtful and a very knowledgeable gentleman. R.I.P.

RIP ED, your knife family will miss you greatly.

Wow...sad sad loss for the community. I even chatted with him once. He'll be missed and remembered.
Rest in Peace Brother Esav.
Keep em' sharp up there.

Sorry to hear this, been a friend on this and another knife site for quite a while. Tough loss...

Sad to hear this. Rest in peace Esav. May your memory be for a blessing.

Coop said it. When a person can leave this world a better place at the level Ed did, they lived life with a great and rare success. Rest well Ed.

Sad, sad news. Esav was one of the greats. I truly missed his presence on the forums after he stepped away.

Heartfelt condolences to his family.

I would have liked to have known him as Ed.

Last edited:
That truly, truly sucks. :(
Was wondering where he was...hadn't seen posts for a while.

Very sad to hear of loss. Didn’t know him but remember his name as far back as my BF lurker days.

Sad news, I sent my prayers for peaceful journey

Very sad to hear this.
My heartfelt condolences to Esavs family and friends..

Sad. I noticed his posting had slowed down the last couple of years. He always had a kind word or voice of reason when things got rough here. We are lesser now that he has passed, but we are better for having known him.

RIP.

Back