Well I got to look at the Sebenzas and...

^ This - couldn't have said it better.

The 1st Sebenza I bought didn't blow me away - thought it was just okay. But the more knives I bought, the more I started appreciating the "simplicity" of my Sebenza. Now I have a few of them and they would be the last knives I'd sell out of my collection.

with that said - there are many other knives I equally like. :cool: it depends what mood I'm in when I get up in the morning. LOL

This is what happens for the most part to many people. Some folks just don't care for them and that is okay too, there is something out there for everyone I guess.
That clears up my confusion. At first I thought you were saying that Sebenzas are the only praiseworthy knives in existence.

Best not to read too much into what people write, we can make typos or not express out points in such a way as they area read as they were meant to be. I don't think and never did think the guy would drop to his knees and literally "praise" the knife, that would be a bit too... well yeah.

While they're nice knives, I have to agree; they are over rated and a perfect example of the law of diminishing returns imo. 3 times the money for slightly nicer machining, fit, finish, and the notion that your better then everyone else.

P. S.

It's funny how every CRK lover can't respect any opinion of a CRK blade that isn't positive. They are not the best knives in the world guys! I find them repetitive and boring myself. They're like the team knife for team narcissist lol. I'll take a custom for the money any day myself.

No need for the insults.
Seems you may be the one that doesn't respect people who love CRK.
I can respect your opinion on any knife, but not if its laced with insults.

They are expensive tools but completely worth it in my book.

Yet they don't appear to be used

troll-ba-dum-tss.png

It's funny how every CRK lover can't respect any opinion of a CRK blade that isn't positive. They are not the best knives in the world guys! I find them repetitive and boring myself. They're like the team knife for team narcissist lol. I'll take a custom for the money any day myself.

I wouldn't say EVERY CRK lover is like that. That's quite a sweeping statement. I like them a lot, but I also like other knives a lot, and find myself EDCing my Spydercos and Victorinoxes far more than my CRKs. I also know that CRKs aren't for everyone, and NOT because those they aren't for aren't sophisticated enough. Different tastes for different people. Nothing more, nothing less. Just like every custom isn't for everyone.

Jim

troll-ba-dum-tss.png

Hey Rappy, maybe you missed my first question to you so I'll ask again:

Which CRK's have you had that led you to form your opinion?

Which knives do you currently have or have had in the past that you believe are well worth the price paid for them?

I'm very interested in your response.

Maybe check out the Mnandi? It's an actual liner lock unlike the Sebenza, which is a frame lock.

The Mnandi is a frame lock also. The wood is an inlay rather than part of the frame.

An elegant little knife.

troll-ba-dum-tss.png

Like I said, they are expensive tools, I paid a lot of money for them so I take care of them. Also, I use my knives for cutting, I don't go around intentionally trying to beat them up for the sake of it. Answer pwrdbycotn's question.

Hey Rappy, maybe you missed my first question to you so I'll ask again:

Which CRK's have you had that led you to form your opinion?

Which knives do you currently have or have had in the past that you believe are well worth the price paid for them?

I'm very interested in your response.

I use my buck 112 heavily
cutting roasted chicken through bone, Sirloin.

all the sebenzas I've seen are...
not used heavily, if not at all
unless you call cutting paper heavy use, lol.

What use have you had with your paper weight?

DSC_5390.jpg

19587049325_432fbb3986.jpg

DSC_5390.jpg

Ah..

Mine is all scratched up..... ;)

Lighting is hiding most of them.....

When I first got mine I was excited as I could be. Then as I owned it, the excitement dwindled down and I continued carrying other knives. But every time I decide to bust out my 25 for my edc then it brings back that oh joy feeling.

As for most people I think they like CRK as a whole company not just sebenzas alike. The customer services are amazing and for like a quarter of the price you can get almost a new looking knife. As for functionality, I actually use mine. Not misused and abused but food prep, various whittling sticks, etc. After my first disassembly of the sebenza itself I can tell hoe mechanically sound this knife is and can be. Now I'm not going to use it to set up camp for the night but if my life was on the line and this was all I had, I do believe this would fill the billet and be okay afterwards

DSC_5390.jpg

Oh, so you've just seen Sebenzas in pictures? Never actually had one?

Rappy, I farm 7000 acres of cotton and have a cotton gin. I carry an umnumzaan almost everyday. I have one custom knife that I carry occasionally along with a sebenza 25. My umnumzaan and 25 get the hell beaten out of them. I touch them up on a sharpmaker about once a week or more if needed.

One thing I certainly try not to do is make myself look like a complete fool by making harsh comments and jokes when I've only seen something in pictures.

You may want to pony up and actually purchase a CRK knife and see what all the fuss is about before making childish statements about them.

Is the Sebenza overrated? Not at all. Tons of evidence to support the quality of the piece.

Is it worth the price? I'd definitely agree that it is, and again, there's evidence to support the value. It's phenomenally well made.

Is it my cup of tea? Nope. The style and ergos are not for me, but these are not "faults" to be exposed on the Sebbie... merely tastes of mine that don't jibe. I recall somebody on BFC years ago implied that the reason I didn't adore the Sebbie was because I couldn't afford it. Had to laugh at that, I've owned customs worth multiple times the cost of the Seb, but there's fanatics in every manufacturer's camp... be it Emerson, Spyderco, Cold Steel, Strider... you'll always have that one guy who comes out swinging if somebody criticizes their idol.

There's folks who like 'em, and folks who don't. That's true of every knife and manufacturer though. Get what you like, and respect the guy who does the same.

Back