What Knife to you leave in your Car or Truck?

Estwing Campers Axe and a D2 Rat 7 in the trunk.

Spyderco Superleaf was supposed to go in the center console but it's new and I'm still playing with it.

In my work truck I have several Mora and a 18" CS Barong. In the private car there is a multitool and a mora.

I keep a Gerber big rock, a Cold steel pocket bushman, an 18" tramontina machete, a Sog large tomahawk, a made in sweden (no brand) 2 1/2 lb axe with a 28" handle that i restored and a leatherman supertool as well as a Stihl 441 with a 24" bar.
oh ya, and an opinel #8 carbon

Benchmade Triage and a Leatherman PST (showing my age I think) in my car, Triage, Spyderco Rescue and a Vic Swisstool in my truck

Cold Steel New Frontier hawk and a Bahco folding saw in trunk. Mora Heavy Duty Companion in glove box with fire steel and chunk of juicy fatwood taped to it.

I leave a green mora clipper in my mustang. Great knife to have around if i ever need it.

I used to keep my BK2 next to my seat. Now I don't have anything. This knife knut is slacking in that department.

In my neck of the woods, fixed blade concealed in the passenger compartment is frowned upon.

In my Mustang, my glove box knife is a Blur.
I also keep an M-Tech multi-tool in there. Plus there's a Leatherman (I think it's a Blast) and a Kershaw Salvo in a tool kit in the trunk.

In my daily-driver, the glove-box knife is a SOG Fusion Salute, and the MT is a SOG PowerPlier.
I discovered that my daughters are forever in need of scissors, so I keep a LM Squirt S4 handy in the center console.
Also, most of the time my EDC bag with a SAK Alox Farmer rides in the driver's door pocket

In addition, my GHB lives in my DD trunk, but I try to transfer it to the Mustang whenever I get to take it out. It's got a SYKCo War Dog, SAK Huntsman, and Tan FFG M4 Manix2.
Almost forgot, the mini tool pouch inside also has a Case medium Stockman.

Right on, you guys are seriously prepared! I next need to pick up a Multi Tool for my rig, I'm thinking about an old Gerber 600, I see them going for cheap on Ebay

A Gerber Crucial MT w/ strap cutter in the center console. Also some surplus folding E-Tool in the trunk. No info on manufacturer or anything though.

I keep a beat up old Gerber multi-tool in my center console & I think I have one of those cheap Rambo survival knives in my trunk.

I really need to clean out my trunk. :p

Great thread and posts. Lots of Gerber and Cold Steel. Interesting.

In my personal truck:

First generation Gerber multiplier (SS with scissors and awl) in glove box; Cold Steel CV Bushman in custom kydex, an original carbon steel Schrade Old Timer Mustang folder and Gerber/Fiskers extendable hand saw in VEP bag behind the seat; Cold steel LTC chopper in custom drop leg kydex sheath and customized Cold Steel Spec Forces shovel in custom kydex on gun rack; also a small Tekna knife on keychain, but I don’t leave that in the truck.

One I don’t leave in the truck every day, but put in whenever I head out on a field trip or to travel such that the truck is with me (or the family) as “basecamp” for more than a day, is my moded Ontario RAT 7 with custom drop leg kydex and attached kit pouch and “stuff”. This one jumps between my work and personal rig, and gets the most use, other than the full size Spyderco Manix in the right side leg pocket of my Carhartts.

In my work truck:

A much older and larger Cold Steel (actually stamped Special Projects-from the 80’s) LTC, Ontario RAT 7 rig mentioned above gets rotated in and a L-6 5” blade handmade hunting knife by Carl Sontag for food prep. My field pack has a Cold Steel CV Master Hunter attached to it, so that ends up being in the truck as well, and then on me when I leave the rig. I also often bring along one of my own latest designs I am testing, which is currently a drop point 7” bladed with a convex ground in differently hardened in O1.

I also keep a Pulaski and shovel in the work rig, both very sharp, but not knives.

Also, all my first aid kits in all vehilces have two scalpel blades in them, but that might be over-reporting...

It may seem that I am somewhat over-bladed, but, with the exception of those in the VEP which are backup, I use them all almost every day, often multiple times a day. They are in fact some of the tools of my trade.

Thanks for sharing and stay safe,
Brome

just a cheapo with a glass breaker and seatbelt cutter. to worried somebody will steal a good one

pa0180rd.jpg

Back