What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

Well, I was pretty excited about the Glitter Gold TC when I first saw it announced (it would have gone nicely with my Glitter Gold #78 :D), and I've certainly been enjoying all the pictures of them shared here. Unfortunately, this is how my own attempts at snagging one have gone:

sx22pvJ.jpg

Ob-la-di, ob-la-da, life goes on, brah. :D

I have been enjoying carrying my 2017 BladeForums TC this past week. :thumbsup:

0vbu2DM.jpg

Well, I was pretty excited about the Glitter Gold TC when I first saw it announced (it would have gone nicely with my Glitter Gold #78 :D), and I've certainly been enjoying all the pictures of them shared here. Unfortunately, this is how my own attempts at snagging one have gone:

sx22pvJ.jpg

Ob-la-di, ob-la-da, life goes on, brah. :D

I have been enjoying carrying my 2017 BladeForums TC this past week. :thumbsup:

0vbu2DM.jpg

sounds about right, just wasted time trying for the smooth bone even tho it was at an upcharge. thought the internet hospital would help my chances

They are doing a #15 Boy's knife! I don't know if those are finished also??

the monstrosity that is the Urban Jack? :rolleyes::D That seems to be the end of line according to the groups posts. I remember trying to convince Bill to make a Brooklyn Jack, but the urban jack has already been nicknamed the hipster jack which I guess suites the Williamsburg area.

the monstrosity that is the Urban Jack? :rolleyes::D That seems to be the end of line according to the groups posts. I remember trying to convince Bill to make a Brooklyn Jack, but the urban jack has already been nicknamed the hipster jack which I guess suites the Williamsburg area.
I meant the simple wood-handled Huckleberry! I see what you mean about the "Urban"! I'm sure some will like it!
My son has a beard that reaches his navel!!:eek: I wonder . . . . . .???

I meant the simple wood-handled Huckleberry! I see what you mean about the "Urban"! I'm sure some will like it!
My son has a beard that reaches his navel!!:eek: I wonder . . . . . .???

ah yes, the cocobolos! how i wish those had end caps, or been a barlow option. that might have been pandemonium though

x 100 at least. It hurts me to the core to see those osage handles, knowing what they could have been. :(
Whatever, A akaMatt ... you change your mind about knives every time the wind blows... :rolleyes:

JbnrvQK.jpg

;) Ok, I consider myself wrong with my initial pre-assessment of the osage. As a lover of wooden covers, I could not resist. And I’m very happy to report these handles are actually quite nice, not the rough mess I initially figured. Overall knife is well done, but with the same slightly proud spring at open as has been widely discussed (and which doesn’t bother me at all).

Now, the smooth bone... is an absolute thing of beauty! The pull may be slightly lighter than the Osage, but the spring is flush at open and close, and it is quite stunning in just about every way. These pics don’t do it justice. So, well done for now, GEC... my first TC barlows are great... but I’ll likely hate them both tomorrow! :D

V31Iyms.jpg

Whatever, A akaMatt ... you change your mind about knives every time the wind blows... :rolleyes:

JbnrvQK.jpg

;) Ok, I consider myself wrong with my initial pre-assessment of the osage. As a lover of wooden covers, I could not resist. And I’m very happy to report these handles are actually quite nice, not the rough mess I initially figured. Overall knife is well done, but with the same slightly proud spring at open as has been widely discussed (and which doesn’t bother me at all).

Now, the smooth bone... is an absolute thing of beauty! The pull may be slightly lighter than the Osage, but the spring is flush at open and close, and it is quite stunning in just about every way. These pics don’t do it justice. So, well done for now, GEC... my first TC barlows are great... but I’ll likely hate them both tomorrow! :D

V31Iyms.jpg

Please show us both sides of that autumn bone! :)

JbnrvQK.jpg

V31Iyms.jpg
My first impressions were quite negative as well, to me they just looked like poorly finished wood. After seeing all the pics posted here I’ve changed my position on them, they look really nice. It’ll be interesting to see how they age with time :thumbsup:

JbnrvQK.jpg

V31Iyms.jpg
Uh... you get to hate'n on the osage too much you can always send it over my way. :D:thumbsup:

Great looking knives btw;):thumbsup:

Back