Whatcha got on order ?

Got my Case belt buckle, wasn't actually " solid brass " like it was supposed to be ( package says brass but apparently means brass finish ) so I polished the finish off and painted the background in with some Royal blue.

Last edited:
I used to wear belts that you could use belt buckles like this, but I drifted away. I have a Texas-Lone Star and a couple gun company buckles. I wore the Texas buckle for a couple years with jeans.

You Case buckle looks good.

I used to wear belts that you could use belt buckles like this, but I drifted away. I have a Texas-Lone Star and a couple gun company buckles. I wore the Texas buckle for a couple years with jeans.

You Case buckle looks good.
Thanks.
I can't stand that ugly brass plate or " antiqued " brass finish, it reminds me of doorknobs or cheap drawer pulls.
I like real brass and to let it age naturally so I removed the clear coat with some Citristrip then took it to the buffer , that's when i discovered that it was not in fact brass.
I started wearing this type of belt because I've got some buckles I've inherited that I wanted to give some appreciation and just got used to them.
And I've been on a bit of a belt kick lately, I buy every single piece American made leather belt I find at Goodwill that'll fit me.
I don't do the Italian Fashion type buckles , anything dressy, or any kind of double layer belts.
Just one piece of sturdy American leather.
I've yet to pay over $8 for one, and most are in brand new or like new condition when I buy them.

...And I've been on a bit of a belt kick lately, I buy every single piece American made leather belt I find at Goodwill that'll fit me.
I don't do the Italian Fashion type buckles , anything dressy, or any kind of double layer belts.
Just one piece of sturdy American leather.
I've yet to pay over $8 for one, and most are in brand new or like new condition when I buy them.
My heavy belts are double layer that are suited for handgun carry.

Haven't been in a Goodwill store in years. There is one not very far from where I live. I bought a book case and dresser/chest once at Goodwill. The chest was for a room that had no furniture and we were allowing a foreign exchange student to live in our house. She was a nice girl. I mentioned it at work and the first comment was "ever see her naked?" I just laughed; I have never seen her naked or even partially naked in the two years she lived there.

My heavy belts are double layer that are suited for handgun carry.

Haven't been in a Goodwill store in years. There is one not very far from where I live. I bought a book case and dresser/chest once at Goodwill. The chest was for a room that had no furniture and we were allowing a foreign exchange student to live in our house. She was a nice girl. I mentioned it at work and the first comment was "ever see her naked?" I just laughed; I have never seen her naked or even partially naked in the two years she lived there.

Some people are always just thinking on the dirty side, but I think that's kind of how guys are.

I've had some good deals at Goodwill, you won't get dollar bucket flea market prices on tools or anything but I've never overpaid for any and the kitchen cutlery trays are my favorite spot.
I always walk away with blue ink on my hands, but you never know what you'll find in those trays for under a dollar.
Never a lick of carbon steel cutlery to be found at any kind of second hand store that I've been to In the past 10 years but I find lots of Ecko Flin edge knives.
They're my favorite stainless steel kitchen cutlery but I rarely bring any home anymore because Goodwill tapes the blades up so much it's hard to see if they're bent, they often are and you just cannot straighten back a Flint edge knife without snapping it.

An 8oz 8-9sq ft veg-tanned " cowhide shoulder ", some barge cement,
and some brown leather dye.

Another Williams 5d-ag peep sight.

And lastly a 3/4" core box router bit.

Last edited:
Took advantage of the Olight xmas sale and have a seeker 2 pro and baton pro dt on the way. Looking forward to it!

Lol on belt buckles. I'm wearing my grandfather's Texas A&M class of 1955 buckle today for the hell of it. I'm thinking that SOG belt buckle multi-tool would be something I might ask for for Christmas.

Also expecting as gift some Duluth khakis. Gonna pick up some new SAS shoes around new years when I'm in Houston. I also have a NERF Marauder sword on order for my nephews to give me for Christmas.

Got my mom a Nitecore Tiny led rechargeable LED keychain light (380 lumens), my dad flex firehose pants from Duluth, a Seiko Recraft auto watch, a Fidelo RFID wallet. Not sure what else I'm getting my mom.

Ordered some Channellock tools from HJE for my minor electrical repairs kit.
I wanted to keep my small pouch set up as a quick grab kit so I went ahead and bought some stuff specifically for it.
I was already buying Channellock strippers so I decided to stick with them, not that they aren't my go-to for new pliers anyway.
#908 wire strippers
#366 6" needle nose pliers
#524 5" slipjoints
61a 6-1 driver
P201a #2 stubby phillips.

Do you use wire strippers? I'm always worried that I'll just cut the wire off. Maybe I need to practice to get a better feel for them. I haven't bought any hand tools in a good while except for some allen wrenches.

I am waiting on delivery of the 2019 Traditional Forum knife and some photography accessories. Not concerned about getting this stuff before Christmas, but all are supposed to arrive before.

Do you use wire strippers? I'm always worried that I'll just cut the wire off. Maybe I need to practice to get a better feel for them. I haven't bought any hand tools in a good while except for some allen wrenches.

I am waiting on delivery of the 2019 Traditional Forum knife and some photography accessories. Not concerned about getting this stuff before Christmas, but all are supposed to arrive before.
When I need a piece of wire stripped they are the easiest way, but to also kind of need to practice with them.
I try to use light pressure and go around the wire at least once before pulling, but I still sometimes loose strands on braided / stranded wire.
With solid core I'm usually fine but in the end I don't really do much electrical work, I just like having what I need so I can repair things myself or be ready to learn how and store the knowledge and experience for later.

I'm not keeping and entrire electricians belt here, just 7 basic hand tools an outlet checker and a voltage tester in a Craftsman rear pocket pouch.

I just ordered a Maxpedition micro pocket organizer.
This was kind of an impulse purchase and I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with it.
I wanted one years ago and forgot about them, but now I've moved on from the kind of carry where I might need one and wasn't really thinking about that when.
I've got a few ideas so I'll test it and see how it goes, but I will have to resist the temptation to fill it up.

It will be a fun experiment and maybe some good practice in self control.

Looks interesting and I hope it's useful to you. Looks to be about the size of a large cell phone case. My last smallish case was the Duluth small bag that I got to carry my 8" tablet. When I carry it, the phone goes in there too. At least I know where they are at all times.

Last edited:
I ordered a 3 pack of Dango products P01 pocket notebooks, $14 shipped isn't bad for 3 US made pocket notebooks.
They're just like the BHQ Leatherman one I got for free last year, i really like the full stitch construction over the common staple construction. ( Might possibly be the OEM, they certainly look extremely similar )

After a year in my pocket every day I think it's about time to retire this one, I've only got 5 pages left anyways.

Never heard of Dango Products so I looked them up.... I see why you are familiar with their stuff > multi tools.

Never heard of Dango Products so I looked them up.... I see why you are familiar with their stuff > multi tools.
I was not previously familiar with them, but I went looking for a new pocket notebook like this one and found these which look extremely similar.

Everything else I've seen on their site is stupid, I prefer a real wallet.
One that folds, is made of leather , and holds more than just cards.

I was not previously familiar with them, but I went looking for a new pocket notebook like this one and found these which look extremely similar.

Everything else I've seen on their site is stupid, I prefer a real wallet.
One that folds, is made of leather , and holds more than just cards.
I find stuff like this at Office Depot and don't order it online. Occasionally I buy the small spiral note pads at Walmart. But I seldom carry something like this in my pocket. If I am in a store and get a business phone call, I can usually find something to write on if I have to. Always have stuff in my pickup.

Years ago when I religiously used a Daytimer (small one), I really liked their small tablet inserts which could be used separately.

These days for personal notes, there is a smart phone app for that. I don't use it.

Added: It has been a while for you, how has using the tablet shaken out at this point with regards to forum access? When I travel and don't have a computer with me, I use the tablet. But I seldom post anything from the tablet.

Last edited:
I find stuff like this at Office Depot and don't order it online. Occasionally I buy the small spiral note pads at Walmart. But I seldom carry something like this in my pocket. If I am in a store and get a business phone call, I can usually find something to write on if I have to. Always have stuff in my pickup.

Years ago when I religiously used a Daytimer (small one), I really liked their small tablet inserts which could be used separately.

These days for personal notes, there is a smart phone app for that. I don't use it.

Added: It has been a while for you, how has using the tablet shaken out at this point with regards to forum access? When I travel and don't have a computer with me, I use the tablet. But I seldom post anything from the tablet.
I often need to write things down at work, plus I like writing my shopping list on paper.
I also like to doodle which I personally can't do properly on my phone.

I often need to write things down at work, plus I like writing my shopping list on paper.
I also like to doodle which I personally can't do properly on my phone.
I have my shopping list (groceries mostly) stored in my head and occasionally I will type it out on the computer and print out; cut the page down to micro size and head to the store. I seldom forget stuff I planned on getting, but it happens. I haven't doodled since I was a kid.

I have my shopping list (groceries mostly) stored in my head and occasionally I will type it out on the computer and print out; cut the page down to micro size and head to the store. I seldom forget stuff I planned on getting, but it happens. I haven't doodled since I was a kid.

I always forget to get things I wanted.

Back