What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

With CPM S35VN and Elmax, I don't want to file in the radius by hand! I have diamond needle files, but that would take a long time!
You use the needle files to file space in the radiused guard or handle material

here are some quick picks of one I'm working on at the moment:
I use a small triangular file in the red circels

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

And while we are there ..........I do it again !!! Unbelievably...........I sand mark for pin hole again ????? But this time i have lucky ..............I leave my caliper opened when measured where to drill ....he he he ;)
After gluing i decide to clean all that epoxy around guard ..............
BMk82vk.jpg

And I clean..................everything :D
OuYgzcp.jpg

Don t do this guys , it is not healthy...............
Bingo !!
4wDnJEe.jpg

wqCiWpx.jpg

I don t know did i show how I mark handle to know where to sand and keep everything in line , but here it is ......easy way and repeatable at every stage..
XzS5qy1.jpg

qJvm5Bo.jpg

zNp7yt5.jpg

That little stub Tang is 1095. And yes Natlek , a little bit of taper is better for working on the guard as well as any spacers. I like to taper the Tang a little side to side also!

Nice initiative. I'd really like to se more shop tours from people on here. I enjoy it.
I think more people don't do this because it's not so easy to be in front of a camera, record what you want, put it into an editing software type program, edit it, then upload it to YT. I've been doing this kind of thing for about 10 years and helped others bring their projects to YT as well. Takes a lot of time and effort initially. Some people just don't have the time, know how or motivation to do it. Took me about 3 hours to record the 6 minute spot, and then do the work to get it onto YT.

Back