What's the BEST Folder You Have...and YOUR FAVORITE?

:D^^ That's fricken hilarious! You Albertans and yer knives; man oh man. Might want to get some therapy for that, CUTS LIKE A KRIS. ;)

My favourite is my first run Delica with the one piece handle/clip. Nothing has served me as well as that knife since day one. My best is whatever happens to be in my pocket, which is quite often that little Delica.

My best folder knife is a SE Spyderco Dodo. My favorite is a good ole' Opinel 8.

"Best" and "favorite" change for me on a daily basis.

Today I might say:

best - large sebenza

favorite - Buck 110.

But others that cycle through the list would include a Delica, BM 710, Strider SNG, and Shrade Uncle Henry LB7 folder (USA flavor).

Best (most expensive) Howard Viele/Liong Mah "Push" custom handmade.

My second best: My various Sebenza's

My overall favorite: My year old Spyderco Native III plain edge.

My favorite is a tie betweeen my Schatt & Morgan teardrop and my Masters Of Defense Pointman.

My best knife is probably my Buck custom shop 110.
It has a BG-42 blade, nickle-silver bolsters, and water-buffalo horn scales.
And it cuts like a laser!

knives111.jpg

But my favorite knife is much harder to choose....
I really like my recently acquired Kershaw/Ken Onion Leek with S30V blade and smooth G-10 scales.

Just read this post about the Leek with the smooth G-10 scales, and while i must admit that smooth G-10 is very nice indeed, I have the S30V leek with the cross-hatch textured G-10 handle, and I really don't think I have ever had another knife that grabbed my hand so well. It feels like it would be impossible to ever drop this thing. It's amazing!!

Depends what you mean by this. Best as in most useful, or "best" as in most expensive, pretty etc..? Favorite right now is Busse Pumpkin Game Warden (and most expensive with best steel as well) But Best for me means overall useful, which is my SAK Cybertool34.

Ah, good thread and great knives represented here.

My best knife is probably a custom Dodd fixed blade.
My favorite knife changes, but I think it will be my ZDP/CF Caly 3...for a long time.

Just read this post about the Leek with the smooth G-10 scales, and while i must admit that smooth G-10 is very nice indeed, I have the S30V leek with the cross-hatch textured G-10 handle, and I really don't think I have ever had another knife that grabbed my hand so well. It feels like it would be impossible to ever drop this thing. It's amazing!!

Funny that you should mention it....

The smooth G-10 Leek was very nice, but after a few weeks I decided that I like my black SS Leek better.
I think the reason is because the SS Leek has a frame-lock while the G-10 Leek has a liner-lock.

But regardless of which type, the Leek is an awesome little knife.:thumbup:

the answer to both is the lg. Classic Sebenza. I do have a 110 from the custom shop that also hits the sweet spot. The one I carry is the Sebbie.

Best due to coast$$ is my Lg. Classic Sebenza w/ Micarta
Best due to hard use is my KERSHAW AVALANCHE or Emerson CQC-7b

and my Favorite is my Small Reg. P/S Sebenza and has been for a year now.

Real tough (impossible!) to narrow down but best would be Large Sebenza (though I carry the small more) or a war era Victorinox Soldier.The favorite changes all the time but a three way tie would be Fallkniven U2, Victorinox Woodsman in Stayglow, and the Spyderco Native. For field use a Al Mar Sere 2000 usually replaces the Native. I recently bought an Endura wave, wow, amazing knife.

Too difficult a question like what is your favorite flavor, I like vanilla ice cream, sharp cheese, rib eye steaks, red wines and amber ale but not mixed together. :D

Ummm that makes me thirsty, time for a Sam Adams Octoberfest, g'nite all!

The best folder on the market is the Sere 2000. Its the jack of all trades as far as im concered
buddylee

The best folder is my Emerson CQC 8

My EDC is my Benchmade 710 D2 or my Emerson Mini Commander.

My best folder is probably my BM 940
My fav is my BM 710--best and most useful knife I have owned. (although i also really like my mini skirmish=))

By "best" is meant your nicest, most expensive knife...the one you're most protective of. It may be the Sebenza in your safe or an expensive Damascus piece you have hanging on a wall. Your "favorite" might be your trusty Kershaw Storm or your cheap $49 Damascus.

I, too, keep shifting my favorite. Don't know that will ever change. All I know is that with so many knives, it can be Christmas all year long! Some people will get a lot of cheap knives while others will get a few really good ones.

Right now my favorite has been my CRKT M16-14SF. When I bought it I didn't think I'd like it, but it's quickly becoming the one I reach for every day. The full hilt is really nice, but the aluminum frame can get a mite cold in the winter! In a month or two my new favorite might have G10 scales.

Back