What's the deal with the Umfaan?

Bring back....bring back, bring back the Umfaan to me, to me, bring back, bring back, bring back the Umfaan to me, to me......

Over two days and no bumps. Well, here we go, WEE!
The Umfaan is a nice knife, Please bring it back!

HuH????
TKC...,where you at???

No more requests since "last year"???

Anyway,this one's for you,TKC:
Bring back the Umfaan and millions will thank you for it...,or...,well I know for shure at least one will!!!

Thanks,
Raoul...

Ok, just for you Raoul!! Bring back, bring back, bring back the Umfaan to me, to me, bring back, bring back, bring back the Umfaan to me, to me!!

Where is my Umfaan? Or where or where can it be?? Do YOU havemy Umfaan? Bring baaaaack, bring baaaack, bring back my Umfaan to me, to me. Bring baaaack, bring baaaaack, bring baaack my Umfaan to me, to me!

You know reading these posts and fondling my Umfaan really makes me feel sorry for anyone that doesn't have one. It's such a jem of a little knife. As much as I'd like to see it come back, I don't see it happenning.

Yeah... that's true Scott! BTW, today I received in a shipment from CRK new leather slip-pouch for my little gem :D

Scott Dog said:
You know reading these posts and fondling my Umfaan really makes me feel sorry for anyone that doesn't have one. It's such a jem of a little knife. As much as I'd like to see it come back, I don't see it happenning.

I feel bad, but not enough to let any of mine go!

I'm starting to wonder if anyone from CRK actually reads this forum. Between this thread and the "Scout" thread I"m starting to despair.

Umfaan's are still widely available with us!!!:;):

Scott Dog said:
As much as I'd like to see it come back, I don't see it happenning.

I would'nt be so shure of that,my friend!!!

Raoul...

I have a small classic Sebenza on it's way to me right now, it will be my first Sebenza. It took a while to decide between the regular and the classic. I ended up flipping a coin.

Now I click on this thread and see this umfaan, heard of it before but had no idea what it was. I must have one! I must have one! I must have one!

Why on earth would CR stop making these? There is obviously a call for them, and my voice has joined the call!

Scott Dog said:

I am going to cry!! I must have an Umfaan! But, it does NOT look like I will ever have the pleasure of owning on of those. This is a sad, sad day.

Hey everyone,

I just sent Chris Reeve Knives an email reguarding my want for an Umfaan and my being confused as far as their decision to discontinue it. It was written in a very professional manner and in no way insulting to them. I have seen that a few of you here have written email's about the Umfaan to CR also.

We need to all write emails to CR knives about this on a regular basis, and they should be nothing short of very nice, very professional emails. I honestly think that this kind of attention from so many people in the knife community will have benificial results for both sides.

Silas with all due respect CRK is a small shop and a very busy one at that. I really doubt e-mails are going to sway the powers to be. Sure, I believe that CRK would love to bring back the Umfaan to satisfy its customers that want one but the reality is that I image those tiny Sebenzas are not easily made. Secondly I think they're running at full capacity and then some and taking the time and effort to but the Umfaan back in production would cost them time and effort that could be spent trying to catch up with the backorders. And I also imagine that finding someone to grind and fit the lock on that little knife is not easy.

I am sure you guys would want the extra workload where you work or even at home of anwering phone calls and e-mails for areas where the answer has already been given. One per person might be fine but if you do what you are doing here it would be just wrong. It is a business decision. They know how they sold in the past compared to other items in the line. :rolleyes:

umfan.jpg

My fault. I was under the impression that CRK was a pretty big outfit. I in no way meant for this to be "just wrong", which is why I stated that the emails should be tasteful. My apologies for ,unknowingly, trying to throw guided requests at a small business. It would be wrong.

Silas said:
My fault. I was under the impression that CRK was a pretty big outfit. I in no way meant for this to be "just wrong", which is why I stated that the emails should be tasteful. My apologies for ,unknowingly, trying to throw guided requests at a small business. It would be wrong.

Silas - you are fine... we do have to let business know what we want. Then they have to decide. They DO need input. It is the repeated/multiple several times a day/week thing by the same few guys is what I was refering to as wrong. CRK is a great group and will help if they can but it is Chris right to decide.

I was wrong to have made you feel that way...
Oh and Mr. skunk- that is nice stuff! :)

Back