Who has never owned a 34OT?

No sir, being from Europe I never saw any Old Timers in person. I have a Schrade 881 and 808Y though and like them. I'm not really big on delrin, old Schrade peachseed is much more of an eye cather.

Never. I guess it's because I'm not much of a stockman fan. Not that's ever stopped me from owning other knives.

They made a 34OT in red bone and sterling silver .....
I had one of these 25th Silver Anniversary 34OT, and foolishly sold it. As I missed it so much, recently I got me another one. There is something about the Sterling Silver bolsters and shield, the coined liners, and the red bone used in this model, that is really appealing to me.
Raul

Schrade34OTsilver-1.jpg

Speaking of broken-off points, I think at least half of my estate sale/flea market Schrades have needed repointing.

I never had a 340T but I've had two Buck 303's. About the same thing. Lost the first buck years ago and just replaced it a couple months ago. If this buck goes away I think I'll get the340T. We'll see.

Not only is it a great medium stockman pattern but the fit and finish was remarkedly consistently good.
Plus , of the numerous 34s I've handled, I have never found one with a nailbreaker blade.

I think I have at least 4 - 34 OTs now and 2 - 33 OTs .

Ive never owned one. Weird being a stockman man. My grandpa had an uncle Henry (I have his) and dad and as a buck guy, I have his also but hes still with me. Either way, never owned a 340OT.

Been owning and carrying a Schrade 34OT (and Buck 303) for many years - however in the last 3 or 4 years the Case 18 pattern has become supreme in my pocket (probably 80% of the time) but due to this thread I dug out two 3-3/8" Stockman knives that haven't had some pocket time in a while - a 34OT and a Camillus made Buck 303. They're back in the rotation for a little pocket time, the 34OT being there right now. OH

I also pocketed my 34OT this morning. Touched it up on a stone when I got to the office and yikes! I think I'll leave it on the nightstand for the next little while. Get some pocket time logged in. My Buck 309 can take the holiday weekend off.

Back