Winter kith?

Oh that really sucks :mad:

Yup, I had to drive my father in laws truck home last night because the drivers side window got busted out and it was pouring rain out with about a 70 mile drive home. Insurance is replacing the window today. The restaurant gave me a big trash bag to put over it so I could get it to the in laws house which thankfully was just a couple miles away. You can imagine I'm pretty angry, but trying to look at the bright side. My family was safe, and I'm not reporting a stolen gun and I've got insurance to pay for the damages to the truck. It's hard to explain things like this to my 4 year old daughter that's never experienced anything like this. It's harder dealing with that than the damaged and stolen property.

Yeah, that's tough. On the other hand, maybe you won't have to convince her to carry 20 years from now.

I'll keep this family friendly but I'm very disappointed and angry right now. Went to the in laws this weekend to do some work on their house repairing it from the flooding they sustained from hurricane Matthew. Went out to eat late last night before heading home and someone broke into our truck steeling 3 knives one being my kith knife, another shop knife I had made that had a small crack from HT, one with the handle about half done, GPS and one of my wife's hand bags. Thankfully I was carrying my pistol on me at the time, and my wife decided to actually bring her purse inside with her so I don't have those to worry about, but unfortunately due to this low life piece of scum I'm going to have to sit this one out.

I am really sorry to hear that. Your KITH knife looked like a milestone build for you. On to the next one.

Bummer man! That was a good looking blade!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I think I'm out. In the spirit of pushing ourselves I really wanted to go plungeless on this one. Tried to blend the plunge lines and things went south. It's not terrible. I think I can still turn it into a killer knife. I just don't think it is a kith knife. Next time! Meanwhile I'll be researching plungeless knives.
aeef063c3422945ec7390b06646509eb.jpg
0d7120ea2a5b851fe5904d749e6fdb17.jpg
399742d6c27810041cf66893de1ec8ab.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

been a while since i been on here. Just finished a knife a i was going to keep for myself. But if i can't finish one. i may throw it in the hat.

well looking at some of the entries. I may not participate. my knife is no where near the league some of these knives are. and would feel guilty if i got one. And i don't think i can make a knife of the caliber i would want it to be in time to participate. Maybe next one good times all

Chris

Well I think I'm out. In the spirit of pushing ourselves I really wanted to go plungeless on this one. Tried to blend the plunge lines and things went south. It's not terrible. I think I can still turn it into a killer knife. I just don't think it is a kith knife. Next time! Meanwhile I'll be researching plungeless knives.

I think it looks good, and just want to say I'd be happy to receive that knife. Finish it up and maybe your perception of it will change. You know the biggest critics of our work is always ourselves!

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

I think it looks good, and just want to say I'd be happy to receive that knife. Finish it up and maybe your perception of it will change. You know the biggest critics of our work is always ourselves!

Thanks for the compliments and you're correct about being hard on ourselves as makers. I've got a little time and plan on seeing what I can do with it. If I can get it to where I'm satisfied it will be in for sure.

well looking at some of the entries. I may not participate. my knife is no where near the league some of these knives are. and would feel guilty if i got one. And i don't think i can make a knife of the caliber i would want it to be in time to participate. Maybe next one good times all

Chris

My original knives were no where near the quality a knife I'd feel good enough for a kith participation. I used it to drive myself to make something I knew I was capable of but wasn't taking the time and effort to make. Well the difference in quality between knife #7 and knife #8 the knife I was going to participate with was HUGE. Unfortunately it was stolen when my vehicle was broken into this weekend so I am unable to partake, but the skills I gained will be with me. What I learned most is every single step is just as important as the next. Planing planing planing. When I first started I just jumped in and rushed everything so I could get to a final product. My direction now is to hone in and plan every step. It takes a lot longer but the outcome is so much better. I have an entirely new outlook and direction in knife making I want to go as a result of it. It has been very very gratifying.

Josh, that thing is still looking killer, as others have said finish it up and maybe your perception will change.

It's official, I'm out. This one just wouldn't listen to me. It's been demoted to test etching and then my personal kitchen. Sorry guys. Next time I won't try something dumb and I'll have a backup blade. Have fun, I'm jealous!

Last edited:
That's too bad, Josh. :grumpy:

Just a reminder for everyone, there is one week left to wrap up your project. I'm close to being done. Should have it done this weekend.

That's too bad, Josh. :grumpy:

Just a reminder for everyone, there is one week left to wrap up your project. I'm close to being done. Should have it done this weekend.
Same here, looking like the weekend for me.

Unfortunately I have to bow out of this KITH. As much as I wanted to finish, my other commitments took over.
I was really looking forward to participating in the KITH. Hopefully next time.

Hopefully I can finish in time, but not sure due to slow going and little time. Definitely won't have a sheath unless whomever delays shipment:

53sZpvh.jpg

4GmEUdJ.jpg

~billyO

Back