Winter kith?

Same here, I am afraid I will have to drop out.
With the super busy Christmas season, snow storm, Church and home things to take care of, and all the January dinners and events ... I haven't been able to finish the knife's koshirae. I have both days this weekend booked from dawn to dusk, and there just won't be time to build the tsuka/saya. When finally done, I think I'll hold a drawing for it among all the chaps who joined in this KITH - whether they finished or not. Sort of a second chance drawing.

Everything mocked up. Now I finish all the pieces, and epoxy it up, probably tomorrow.

32516345696_f692d33785_b.jpg
[/url]IMG_0785 by Wjkrywko, on Flickr[/IMG]

32516348366_8ecabd29f2_b.jpg
[/url]IMG_0784 by Wjkrywko, on Flickr[/IMG]

Unfortunately, I will be the next one to fall. I just got released from medical complications over the last 3 weeks. Because of this, I was restricted from any
dust or dirt. This meant I was not allowed in my shop. I have most of the components cut and the blade nearly completed but I seriously doubt that I
will be able to finish in time since now I have to return to work. I waited 3 years to finally participate. Hopefully, BF will have another soon that I can
push my limits and learn from all of you.

Troy

B6T9JII.jpg
[/IMG]

HI2LGD2.jpg
[/IMG]

Looks like I am going to make it. Putting scales on this knife first thing tomorrow morning.

Sorry guys, I can't make it either :(. I have been busy this month so I already started work on KITH knife late. I was making a small 6" chefs knife in 1095 with which I'm not very experienced yet. Went for a clay quench but didn't soak the blade long enough so it didn't harden fully, went for a second time, did the same :grumpy:. Then after all that grinding the blade was very thin at the edge but I tried for the third time anyway and it hardened beautifully! The only downside is that half the blade is missing... cracked :barf: I've got to much on my plate to still get a knife done now.

I also have not been able to finish it. With the new house closing date just around the corner and all the orders I'm trying to get done befor the move my docket is VERY full. Finished one seax order tonight and I have another one due mid Feb. That cutlass I was making for fun got snapped up by the same customer who's seax I finished tonight so I'm booked solid.
I really think with all the people that had to back out that we should gather them back togather as Stacy said and do it again at a later time. The end and beginning of a new year is ALLWAYS so busy for most folks.

I also have not been able to finish it. With the new house closing date just around the corner and all the orders I'm trying to get done befor the move my docket is VERY full. Finished one seax order tonight and I have another one due mid Feb. That cutlass I was making for fun got snapped up by the same customer who's seax I finished tonight so I'm booked solid.
I really think with all the people that had to back out that we should gather them back togather as Stacy said and do it again at a later time. The end and beginning of a new year is ALLWAYS so busy for most folks.

Although I'm finished. I would be fine with that. There are a lot of folks who had to back out, that I would love to have in. Just my $.02

It's pretty common to have a lot of people drop out. We'll stick to the original date of February 2nd. I'm basically done. I have the knife glued up, the sheath is together, but I need to stitch it, and sharpen the blade.

We have 8 people complete, and a bunch unconfirmed.

I'm trying my best to get it complete. It may be completed the day of Feb 2nd if that is ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm trying my best to get it complete. It may be completed the day of Feb 2nd if that is ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have till midnight on the 2nd to be complete. I'll be doing the random draw on the 3rd, and people will get their shipping label then.

Back