• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Yet one more "Andre De Villiers doesn't know how to conduct himself" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of getting a midtech ADV pathfinder knife,and besides all the bad ive seen from this maker,in doing some searching and looking at pictures, I noticed that the pouch it comes in is very similar to the one that kizer is using as well.is there a possibility that this knife is made in china for ADV ? Its kind of scary that both makers are offering a very similar camo pouch,same zipper and fastener,unless both companies are getting them from the same place ?Id hate to buy a knife I think is made in South Africa and its really made in China....

I am not sure there is any reason to think this may be the case.

Aside, that is, from Andre's absolute insanity. I can see his defense now: "I designed it and trained the Chinese staff...what's the big deal!?!?"

Its kind of scary that both makers are offering a very similar camo pouch,same zipper and fastener,unless both companies are getting them from the same place
They probably just buy pouches from the same supplier, in bulk. No reason for the pouch to be handmade in South Africa.

I guess I'm not really surprised. At Blade this year my dad was interested in his knives. When we approached the booth, he, and I assume his wife, were both doing things on their phones and never once looked up to greet us or ask us if they can help or anything. We stood there for a minute and then just walked off.

Well that kinda answers my question every time I see this thread or his name pop up I wonder if it is to hear people say he has turned over a new leaf and is improving. I like or am at least interested in some of his designs but if he is still the same then I am not interested enough.

Yep -- I guess that raises the question of whether its his direct design or if he's just that crap at business that someone outright stole it rather then dealing with ol' Andre

Andre is a real class act. Him and gareth bull. Cut of the same cloth. If only a South African and a Frenchman had a child who became a knife maker. I’d sell my soul for the opportunity to its wares

Andre is a real class act. Him and gareth bull. Cut of the same cloth. If only a South African and a Frenchman had a child who became a knife maker. I’d sell my soul for the opportunity to its wares
Andre De Villiers is a major POS

Not sure what dealings you've had with the guy

No worries. Wouldn’t throw a penny in either of their directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back