You're a mean one, Mr Snark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saws are real cool Joe, looks like there in good enough shape that you either got extremely lucky, or you paid out the wazoo for them. Knowing you though, id say it was the first one.

bit of luck in finding them. bit of timing. bit of knowing what i wanted.

well, they weren't $5 but more like $50ish :) which seems damned reasonable. i wouldn't pay $200. well, maybe for a proper and clean six footer... already got one of those for $40 (wow!) and another for a bit more. not bad :D

they're sharp. they have all the teeth. the threads are clean. pretty sweet really.

sometimes i pay out the wazoo. can be worth it!

mostly, it's the hunt. lots of hunting.

then you find someone who has everything...

Got my 64oz Beckerhead growler ordered. 13.4" tall :confused: .... Ill need another hand to carry it :D

A lot of long island ice tea can fit in that.....

Power just went out. Strange, as it's not stormy or even particularly windy.....thank goodness I have plenty of lights :rolleyes: and can make fire. Pity is that the fire would have to be outside.....MAN, I need an indoor firepit.

I just lost it a little bit and ordered some G10/VG10 from Spyderco. I'm going to step outside for a piss now.

But I'm pleased to say the hickory handles turned out better than I thought. It has really nice color to it.

I like hickory a lot, even when it's "plain". A couplefew years ago some dude had a bunch of quarter-sawn hickory blocks with pretty decent curl to it for sale... if I had any brains I would have bought it all up. :( As I recall I spent the money on something stoopid like the mortage payment and groceries instead :rolleyes:

So a customer ordered a one off knife and wanted handles made out of hickory. Huh? Hickory? How about something nicer? Nope, hickory he said, must be hickory. So, I got the knife done and right now its out getting the blade laser engraved with the name... you guessed it. HICKORY, evidently that is this guys nickname. But I'm pleased to say the hickory handles turned out better than I thought. It has really nice color to it.

Nothing like a good piece of hickory.

Guyon, I love the DFly2 in that combo. Pix when it shows!

Stock pics.

Spyderco_Kiwi_4_C178GP4_Folding_Pocket_Knife_Satin_VG10_Stainless_Steel_Flat_Ground_Plain_Edge_Blade_Black_G10_Handle__14494.1406084572.500.659.jpg

Spyderco_Caly_3_5_C144GP_Folding_Pocket_Knife_VG10_Stainless_Steel_Flat_Ground_Plain_Edge_Blade_Black_G10_Handle__89260.1406084560.500.659.png

Last edited:
Went out for a winner hike on Saturday and found that my favorite spot was logged..

No RBK, but I did get my 5 back which was an added bonus for the hike. It was planned with my girlfriend and I'm happy that my 5 was back in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back