Zombie apocalypse

FN FAL
Ultra 87 12 gauge Riot setup
Taurus 651 (Federal .357 Self Defense)
HI Annapurna Bowie
HB Forge Shawnee hawk

Technically, I don't think I could make the 10 mile treck to my homeboy's house.
Maybe with my ESEE Junglas, I can try to at least make it :p

Niiiiice..... Rugers. All Rugers, it looks like. Well, except for that one derringer that escapes me right now (even though Guns just had an article on them this past month). The Rugers would be my fall-back weapon, too. I'm set up to load the big-bores mild to wild, and with the .45 Colt, I can even go black powder. Guess I could with the 44's, too, but I don't have a ready recipe for those. I guess just pack 'em full....

those are 4 ruger 45's, and 2 44/40's, 2 357's, 2 uberti outlaw remington 1875s in 44/40 and a bond arms derringer with several different barrels the 357 set is on it right now.

the lever guns are uberti 1873 in 44/40 a uberti 1866 in 44/40 a marlin 1894 in 44/40 and a marlin 1894 in 357.

the classic shotguns are an orignal 1897 winchester 12gauge a norinco 1897 in 12gauge, a 1897 winchester lever shotgun in 12 gauge and a 1873 colt hammer gun 12 gauge

i load for everything from mild to wild and blackpowder as well.

take it easy
cricket

Some would call my actions cowardly, Moose. I prefer to think of them as prudent.

Well, from the description you were given, I have to agree. Yeah. Better left alone. (Still laffin', by the way) . Moose

Ok so I'm a little late to the party and dont have an ESEE (yet), but soon I hope to have one to add to my personal Zombie Deference plan.
zombiesp.jpg

AR-15
Winchester 30-30 Model 94
.257 Weatherby mag
1911 Colt 45

Knives
3.5 in fixed EDC
5 in Bushcraft
10 in Chopper
Machete

And my personal favorite my spear!

OK, embarassingly, my very first post on Bladeforums will be in a Zombie thread. What can I say. Before I post up my Zombie apocalypse preparations I need to ask a clarifying question. Are these the old school slow moving shuffling type Zombies? Or are they newer zombies that are more aggressive and sprint right at you?

OK, embarassingly, my very first post on Bladeforums will be in a Zombie thread. What can I say. Before I post up my Zombie apocalypse preparations I need to ask a clarifying question. Are these the old school slow moving shuffling type Zombies? Or are they newer zombies that are more aggressive and sprint right at you?

Probably best to assume there will be both.

I like to think of zombies this way.When the "Z-germ" enters the victims brain and it reprograms it.It can see that the person is passive/normal aggressive/driven.The passive/normal crowd (the majority) would be the slouching moaning ones.however,the aggressive/driven brained people who have the "go,go,go" hardwired in them would be the faster and deadlier zombies.The "agro" zombies would act as scouts for the slower horde.
If I were writing a zombie book that's how I'd make them.

I like to think of zombies this way.When the "Z-germ" enters the victims brain and it reprograms it.It can see that the person is passive/normal aggressive/driven.The passive/normal crowd (the majority) would be the slouching moaning ones.however,the aggressive/driven brained people who have the "go,go,go" hardwired in them would be the faster and deadlier zombies.The "agro" zombies would act as scouts for the slower horde.
If I were writing a zombie book that's how I'd make them.

Interesting theory.

I wonder if we would see any regional differences with Zombie behavior? For example, I'm fairly sure New Jersey zombies would be directionally challenged and I would just need to dig a pit with some punji sticks placed in the bottom. They would doubtlessly all wander into my pit like lemmings. On the other hand, if you get some crazy Texas zombies, they may have some sense of independence and autonomy and clearly move with purpose. They may even exhibit very basic teamwork skills, not unlike packs of dogs. I would have to default to sniper tactics with those types.

Now, the California zombies..... thats a whole different story.

Back