ZT 0223

Considering there are now nine pages of commentary, most of which is negative, maybe ZT will rethink this design. If they are listening to BF. Has there ever been any indication anyone from ZT participates in the forums? Surely there is some group who is allowed outside input prior to production, right?

I'm waiting for the sprint ZT 0223HPPY version:

819YAIO.jpg

Oh dear! You just opened the door to over 200 emoji sprints. Not to mention full blade custom text.

My company used to sell document perforators. I can now picture "CONGRATULATIONS!" drilled into the face of a blade. :D

2naqkqx.jpg

2drfmvb.jpg

Considering there are now nine pages of commentary, most of which is negative, maybe ZT will rethink this design. If they are listening to BF. Has there ever been any indication anyone from ZT participates in the forums? Surely there is some group who is allowed outside input prior to production, right?

KAI had a sub forum here. The rep for them / moderator acted how they continue to act on social media and they basically "took their ball and went home".

So...were you guys all at Blade this weekend? Because I didn’t hear anyone go to the booth while I was there and say they hated it...

...no wait, I got it...y’all must’ve been drowned out the rest of the people at the booth who seemed pretty receptive of the 0223...they were pretty loud now that I think about it...

Hold on, the KAI booth was supposed to be a ghost town...so maybe I was at the wrong booth...?

Last edited:
So...were you guys all at Blade this weekend? Because I didn’t hear anyone go to the booth while I was there and say they hated it...

...no wait, I got it...y’all must’ve been drowned out the rest of the people at the booth who seemed pretty receptive of the 0223...they were pretty loud now that I think about it...

Hold on, the KAI booth was supposed to be a ghost town...so maybe I was at another booth...?
A bunch of social media said they saw it and said it was dumb. Even youtubers

Feel free to cut me to pieces if I'm wrong.

But why is it so bad for this ZT design to have a set of small holes near the ricasso, but it's OK for Spyderco to have a massive hole near the top end of the blade where the stock starts to thin? obviously if you decided to pry with the thing the set of small holes are PERHAPS moreso in the line of fire.. I think it's negligible.

Why are we calling out ZT for having holes in the bladestock, when it has been a staple for functionally approved knives for years upon years???
Also, I don't own any ZT or Spyderco.

Feel free to cut me to pieces if I'm wrong.

But why is it so bad for this ZT design to have a set of small holes near the ricasso, but it's OK for Spyderco to have a massive hole near the top end of the blade where the stock starts to thin? obviously if you decided to pry with the thing the set of small holes are PERHAPS moreso in the line of fire.. I think it's negligible.

Why are we calling out ZT for having holes in the bladestock, when it has been a staple for functionally approved knives for years upon years???
Also, I don't own any ZT or Spyderco.

I think the perforations are more ugly than functionally problematic. Do you like the way the M-Tech, er ZT, perforations look?

What do the fixed blade Spydie holes accomplish ? :rolleyes:

You're right: It's just marketing. Spyderco should have settled for their spider logo and skipped the hole on its fixed blades.

However, the 0223's holes are purely dysfunctional. They create a severe stress riser that would continue through the the larger blade hole and up into one of the sawback notches. I wonder how much metal actually holds that blade together at its base. In normal use, the knife will probably be fine. But it's kind of an insult to proper design. And it's ugly. Plus, we just like to talk about such things.

I've got absolutely nothing against any of Spyderco's holes ! I've spent more on them than any other one brand . :cool::thumbsup:

I do have a problem with the hole in my wallet they've made . Especially with MAP . :(

I think we shall accept the fact that ZT has failed the design of their Blade show 2019 and hope they will offer something better latter this year

And wether they do it or not, I still have some 2018 models that I like

The saddest part of the story is really how the company manage the situation
Pathetic

Last edited:
I think the perforations are more ugly than functionally problematic. Do you like the way the M-Tech, er ZT, perforations look?
Aesthetics aside, a lot of folks here are saying it creates a weak point. I was moreso referring to the fact that I don't see how it's any different from a spydiehole hurting structural integrity.

I don't mind blades w/ holes. I recently sold my WE Eschaton and it was full of holes, everywhere. One of the most gorgeous and buttery knives I've ever owned, was sad to see it go.

ZT nor Spyderco has released a design I found appealing in over half a decade.

Back