Couple of Pics

Am I completely violating protocols if I post pics from an exhibit? I realize I don't get the same totally insane bad-assery points as Dysphoric does by posing venomous snakes next to my Fiddlebacks when I'm protected by a wall of glass! But hell...these are some pretty snakes!

Taken at a Serpentarium we stopped at this past week.

Cottonmouth

A couple rattlers!

Nice pattern on this one.

20160825_133412_zpsdnbcecay.jpg

That cotton mouth is prettier when it is about 3" shorter on the head end. He is thinking about biting me and shitting on my cold dead body. I can read it in his eyes.

I had a terrifying near death experience with the biggest one of those I've ever seen when I was a kid. I shoot on site, then keep shooting till the cuss words stop.

That cotton mouth is prettier when it is about 3" shorter on the head end. He is thinking about biting me and shitting on my cold dead body. I can read it in his eyes.

I had a terrifying near death experience with the biggest one of those I've ever seen when I was a kid. I shoot on site, then keep shooting till the cuss words stop.

Yes. I'm all with you on that. When I saw him the first thing I said to my son was "There's a mean son-of-a-bitch!".

What is the story here?

Not Fiddlebacks but ...

Just gotta say that I love this thread, and my daughters do too. About once or twice a week, they'll ask if they can see my phone to check if there are more pictures of "That crazy Kid". Since things can get lost in written translation, know that term is said with endearment. :)

Thanks!!

Just gotta say that I love this thread, and my daughters do too. About once or twice a week, they'll ask if they can see my phone to check if there are more pictures of "That crazy Kid". Since things can get lost in written translation, know that term is said with endearment. :)

Thanks!!

Here are some pics of what not to do. He was carving a cabin notch for a figure 4 trap:

[URL=http://s611.photobucket.com/user/Serpent013/media/Mobile%20Uploads/5112E0A6-4E7E-47DC-A560-12DE73442B06_zpsjfcgvpup.jpg.html]
[IMG]http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt195/Serpent013/Mobile%20Uploads/5112E0A6-4E7E-47DC-A560-12DE73442B06_zpsjfcgvpup.jpg[/URL][/IMG]
E82853AB-A2E2-45B1-829B-7E8C6DA979C7_zpsqi1yzd6k.jpg

D700256C-DA03-44AD-B482-4C3280E04C9F_zpsbwx2a2hy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
73A14048-3A29-4211-BE80-20DEEA7D9ACC_zpsuvgb4vot.jpg

Enough of that...now where is the cottonmouth story?

Yeah I was wondering the same. Who did the stitches?

Kid is tougher than I am, that's for sure.

He'll never forget it. Good lesson!

It was a nasty cut. Looked superficial until he pulled the skin back and I could see the depth of the slice.

Field stitches??

Yes. He helped with the sewing on the outside.

Good as new:

Star of the video I posted and has not quite figured out that he is not supposed to "crow" all day-

4273B4AB-9A29-4BDB-BCEA-213FF4521E5A_zpszsicoz0y.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Like I said...my kids think he's a genuine badass. Any kid who helps stitch himself up deserves some respect!

Like I said...my kids think he's a genuine badass. Any kid who helps stitch himself up deserves some respect!

I don't know about that. As we were discussing in the other thread, I do think that many of us are very fortunate that our children are interested in the outdoors and work ethic development.

I don't know about that. As we were discussing in the other thread, I do think that many of us are very fortunate that our children are interested in the outdoors and work ethic development.

Yes, I'm very grateful for that as well!

What is the story here?

When I was a kid in Rayne Louisianna, which is in the deep south central Louisianna west of Lafayette, I spent most of my free time in the woods. We rooted around every nook and cranny of those woods. Anyway one day me and 5 or so friends were out exploring after a flood. We got to the bayou, which was 20 or so feet across, but usually only a couple of feet deep and were at a stop because it was up from the rain. It was only chest deep or so, but the banks of bayous in S Louisianna are slimy mud and if they're wet, you can't get out of them. Anyway, there a tree that had gotten stuck across the thing while the water was high. It wasn't big, and we had no idea how rotten it was. I was the lightest, so I went first. My buddy Dane, who I made Eagle Scout with had his pellet gun, but he wasn't known as a very good shot. Regardless, halfway across the bayou, the tree snapped depositing me in the water. As I waded back toward my friends to have them haul me out I heard an "Oh shit...". I turned to look and the biggest cottonmouth I've ever seen had surfaced across from me. Of course, being a cottonmouth, it headed straight for me. I was helpless and watched it get closer and closer. I had my Kabar Usmc knife out but figured I was getting bitten in the face. When it was halfway across the stream, Dane took it out with a shot straight through the eye of the moving snake. We fished its body out and skinned it and after removing the tail and head the skin was 6' long. It was bigger around than my calf and I swear its head was as big as an apple. I hate those bastids to this day.

Back