Spring into Spring with a "Barlow a Day for Thirty Days"

You know someone hasnt worked in bomb disposal (or maybe they have) when they use the word "Blast"as a descriptive word. πŸ˜†

Same as "Repeat" its never used on the radio net,it's always say again or similar in case the Artillery boys get mixed up with the message and send a salvo on your position.

Come back tommorow for more boring trivia from me...🀣
The man speaks the truth!

It wouldn't be right to not carry a Barlow too, so I dropped this Lionsteel in my pocket for the afternoon. The Olive covers do leave a bit to be desired. I kind of wish I'd gone with the ram covers instead.

KHo4DRU.jpg
I like the wood, but you could give them a coat or two of boiled linseed oil to make the grain pop.

It wouldn't be right to not carry a Barlow too, so I dropped this Lionsteel in my pocket for the afternoon. The Olive covers do leave a bit to be desired. I kind of wish I'd gone with the ram covers instead.

KHo4DRU.jpg

See above 😊

I like the wood, but you could give them a coat or two of boiled linseed oil to make the grain pop.

I think I did put a coat or two of the linseed oil on it at one point ..... hard to remember because a lot of my knives evolve over time, when I get ideas.
But the olive wood fixed blade darkened mostly with time. :thumbsup::thumbsup:😊
Boiled linseed oil is a very good choice. I rub it on and let it soak, then rub it off with a blue paper shop towel.

Day 29 One more day to go for me to finish.
Redoing this Lloyd. I have more Barlows floating around just got to get them out of storage.
Anyhoo...Lloyd paired up with a new Cooper Beaver Falls.
Pretty good knife. Nice F&F and perfect pull. Half stops if you like em. Doesn't bother me anyway. Sharp out of the box.
IMG_5027.jpeg

IMG_5024.jpeg
The stag on that Lloyd is awesome. Great knifeπŸ‘

Even though it didn’t arrive in time for the challenge, my new Queen Barlow sure is picture worthy. Paired today with my Pony Jack.

Attachments

• IMG_1481.jpeg
    IMG_1481.jpeg
    235.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1484.jpeg
    IMG_1484.jpeg
    285.2 KB · Views: 2
Back