2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

It is called a Piasa Bird...not sure of the affiliation other than the origin is from the same area as GP Knives (in Illinois).

"The Piasa (/ˈpaɪ.əsɔː/ PY-ə-saw) or Piasa Bird is a Native American dragon depicted in one of two murals painted by Native Americans on bluffs (cliffsides) above the Mississippi River. Its original location was at the end of a chain of limestone bluffs in Madison County, Illinois at present-day Alton, Illinois."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piasa

View attachment 1144261

Thanks for the info! I was trying to figure out what that was.

Sorry brother, I like that shop but they are not an authorized BF dealer.

My bad, I edited the post. I tried to do a search to see if they were a supporting member, but all I could find was people talking about how good their BF rep is and that Dale is great. Must have been outdated info (not the part about Dale being great).

The #93 wasn't even on my radar until I saw the natural micarta pop up. I grabbed one because the sway back jack is one of my favorite patterns and this has enough of that look to pique my interest. Got it today and I can tell it's going to be a great user. Similar size to the Bullnose but the handle is taller and thinner making it fit my hand better. It's also lighter and carries very well in the pocket. The black canvas on the GPK SFO looks awesome as well.

Last edited:
My bad, I edited the post. I tried to do a search to see if they were a supporting member, but all I could find was people talking about how good their BF rep is and that Dale is great. Must have been outdated info (not the part about Dale being great).
It's no problem :) I was just trying to prevent you having to hear from one of the moderators about it :thumbsup:
The list isn't in the most convenient location but you can get to it at The Knife Exchange/For Sale by Dealers/For Sale: Production Knives (Dealer)/Paid Dealer Members List ( Updated 10/21/2018 ) or if you can find one of Gary's @Peregrin posts he includes a link in his signature.

The #93 wasn't even on my radar until I saw the natural micarta pop up at KSF. I grabbed one because the sway back jack is one of my favorite patterns and this has enough of that look to pique my interest. Got it today and I can tell it's going to be a great user. Similar size to the Bullnose but the handle is taller and thinner making it fit my hand better. It's also lighter and carries very well in the pocket. The black canvas on the GPK SFO looks awesome as well.

Somebody needs to post up some pics in hand and comparisons.. I vote for you :p

93 dark chestnut jig bone is real sweet looking, good choice Charlie and it looks a lot better being darker than the 12 dark chestnut jig bone, not sure why there's a difference but I bet the 12 would have sold out by now if it was darker.

My 93 was delivered today and it is a keeper.
GagEfRG.jpg
EkhaY6E.jpg

It is called a Piasa Bird...not sure of the affiliation other than the origin is from the same area as GP Knives (in Illinois).

"The Piasa (/ˈpaɪ.əsɔː/ PY-ə-saw) or Piasa Bird is a Native American dragon depicted in one of two murals painted by Native Americans on bluffs (cliffsides) above the Mississippi River. Its original location was at the end of a chain of limestone bluffs in Madison County, Illinois at present-day Alton, Illinois."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piasa

View attachment 1144261

Very cool. Thank you.

Believe I am down for a jigged and after seeing the type of jigging I am ecstatic! The best for CF! Rock on Charlie : )

It's no problem :) I was just trying to prevent you having to hear from one of the moderators about it :thumbsup:
The list isn't in the most convenient location but you can get to it at The Knife Exchange/For Sale by Dealers/For Sale: Production Knives (Dealer)/Paid Dealer Members List ( Updated 10/21/2018 ) or if you can find one of Gary's @Peregrin posts he includes a link in his signature.
FWIW, there's also a link to the list in the Vendor Links "sticky" thread at the top of page 1:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/vendor-links-referrals-endorsements.754956/

- GT

Last edited:
Back Label:

After a prodigious study of antique cutlery we feel we have developed the perfect handle for a Lamb Foot Knife. It comes to hand well to do the work required of it.

The Lamb Foot blade has a straight, easily sharpened edge with a tapered configuration, giving exquisite reach.

The tip is sharp yet reinforced, so not prone to breakage like a more tapered blade. Its gradual slope makes it unobtrusive in the pocket.

This blade is a favourite of gardeners and those engaged in animal husbandry throughout the United Kingdom. After hundreds of years it is time for this knife to come into the

American lexicon like other Sheffield designs before it.

So here we have the first American-produced Lamb Foot Knife.

With a tip of the hat to the highly evolved Joseph Rodgers Cutlery Company of a century ago, and a stroke of genius from a certain local cutler, we have an ancient knife for the current age.

Remember to oil the joints and keep your knife sharp and wiped.

Thanks for your support of this old pattern.

CC/JB

(Rough copy for back label of LambFoot.)

That's great! Another well done label. I really appreciate that you and JB (I can't tag him, I think he blocked me in my earlier and more argumentative days on the porch) brought another traditional UK design to the US. That's what gets me excited about the LAMBSFOOT, it's history in the making!

Looks like the tang number is not unique to the Ramsfoot...933119. I was curious if it would be a new designation.

3 = Sheepsfoot

It seems the Ramsfoot is a sub category of sheepfoot. Makes sense! (I know the Ramsfoot is just the name of the knife, but I like the idea of a specific name for a sheepfoot that splays upward, as Charlie says below)

Received a micarta today, it's a really nice knife, easily pinchable but not a light pull, I would say 6 to 7, has half stop. Shown with my EDC TC, this 93 may knock the TC out of my pocket for awhile.

View attachment 1144201 View attachment 1144202 View attachment 1144203 View attachment 1144204

Looks great! Thanks for the pictures.

This 93 run is awesome!
The bone on Charlie’s Lambsfoot is gorgeous!

View attachment 1144221 View attachment 1144223 View attachment 1144224

It sure is. That's exactly what I was hoping for!

I can't wait to CF and CE each knife!! I still think that Ram Foot has a slight "Splay" shape vs. the "Taper" of the Lamb!!

I think it's a really cool duo between the two. I didn't plan to get a Ramsfoot but I'm really liking the look of them.

My 93 was delivered today and it is a keeper.
GagEfRG.jpg
EkhaY6E.jpg

That's a stout blade!

Was able to snag one this morning. They were out of stock less than an hour after they became available. Can’t wait!

Back