2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

Not sure what you're using to grind, but for that part, straightening the spine and finishing, I like turing the blade spine parallel to the grinding belt (up or down, and usually move the blade to half-stop so that the handle isn't in danger of the belt), and using the platen to ensure it's true/square.

Thanks for the tip, I will give that a shot when I go to clean it up.

I probably don't have much chance in snagging a Lambsfoot so I just ordered a Ramsfoot in natural canvas.

gec-93-ramsfoot.jpg

I got my 93 micarta in this afternoon and it’s a beaut! I don’t know how to post pictures here, or if I’m even allow to, but trust me when I say this model is awesome!

Too slow on the lambsfoot but I do have a 93 coming in from Barry. I think I'll have to chase one of these other lambsfoot that apparently have been available.

I got my 93 micarta in this afternoon and it’s a beaut! I don’t know how to post pictures here, or if I’m even allow to, but trust me when I say this model is awesome!
Totally allowed to, and encouraged to do so! :D

Easiest way for non-members:
1) Use a free site like imgur.com to upload your pic. (specifically with imgur, you choose new post, and add the pic by drag and drop or selecting from the file browser, then you can click the drop down menu by the copy button, click get share links, and make sure the link you grab ends in a file type (e.g. https://i.imgur.com/mvwFw1o.png not https://i.imgur.com/mvwFw1o).
IOs6zKz.png

2) Copy the link to the pic once you upload it (you'll need it in a second).
3) When you make your post, you will see a toolbar above... select the picture icon, and input the link you copied earlier...
mvwFw1o.png

4) Now we all drool over the amazing pic you posted!
5) ?
6) Profit! :D

The lamb foot looks amazing. The rat tail bolster and jigging are great. Very vintage look to it. Charlie and GEC should be very proud of this one.

I knew they would be popular, but I’m a bit surprised and bummed that on a 500-knife run it seems they’re all spoken for before they left the factory. I missed out on it, but with the forum knife reserved and after replacing our hvac system last week, I’m not sure it would be in the budget anyway. I’ll enjoy seeing the pictures posted when they arrive.

Against my better judgement perhaps, I am going to comment on a thing or two. Quite frankly, a lot of this should be discussed elsewhere, in my opinion.

There is a lot of angst and disappointment surrounding the perceived "missing out" when it comes to Charlie's latest SFO. As far as I am aware, not a single knife has been sold yet and not every dealer takes reservations so there are plenty of chances for those of you who feel you have missed out.

I've been around long enough to know how things work. Charlie has produced some legendary SFOs, the latest one being no exception. It is understandable that folks will be very excited for this release, not only has it been a long time in the making, it denotes a very historical event. Who wouldn't want a part of that? Charlie should be very proud of his efforts and many of us who are fans of that specific pattern couldn't be more thrilled.

That said, please allow me to offer up some of what I have learned over the time I've spent here.
  1. No knife is worth getting your blood pressure up over. Relax.
  2. Good things come to those who wait. Be patient.
  3. Stick around, make friends, build relationships with fellow knife nuts. I can't promise this will result in you getting knives but that's not the point and it certainly is more rewarding regardless.
  4. Plenty of long time members here have expressed angst in the past only to be able to secure their desires shortly after. The secondary market, particularly here on BF, will be a great place to linger when all the dust settles. I guarantee you that there will be plenty of Waynorth Lamb Foot knives being sold, knife nuts are as fickle as any other kind of nut (no offense intended).
Disclaimer: I should be clear that my above statements are simply opinions that reflect my own experiences. I don't intend any ill, I just would like folks to breathe a bit, be excited for this release, don't count yourself out until you are actually out, and maybe find ways to enjoy such a distinctive and versatile pattern otherwise. Plenty of fish in that sea, as they say.

If you missed what you wanted, I've learned to watch the exchange. Not everyone selling them after they run out is marking them up like crazy. Some are just like me, either buy them and don't bond, or buy then and find something else we really want more. lol I've gotten some great deals at just a few dollars over the original cost on new in the tube knives, and I've sold more than a few the same way. Heck, if I'm in a hurry to buy another knife, I've sold some for less than I paid the first time from KSF. So far, most of the sellers I've dealt with have been honest about condition.

On that note, even the hotdog is showing up out there with way inflated prices. One was listed in the exchange for $110 and there's one on Fleabay listed at $160. Crazy.

Hopefully that wasn’t directed at me. No angst or increased blood pressure here, and I certainly didn’t want to sound like I was complaining. I was just showing some appreciation for what looks to be an amazing knife and sharing some thoughts. As I said, I’ll look forward to seeing more pictures as people get hem in hand.

Hopefully that wasn’t directed at me. No angst or increased blood pressure here, and I certainly didn’t want to sound like I was complaining. I was just showing some appreciation for what looks to be an amazing knife and sharing some thoughts. As I said, I’ll look forward to seeing more pictures as people get hem in hand.

Oh, not at all! It was a general statement based on recent observations and any offense was certainly not intended.

Oh, not at all! It was a general statement based on recent observations and any offense was certainly not intended.
No worries and no offense taken. My job will get my blood pressure to rise, but knives and forums certainly won’t; they’re supposed to be fun. I just didn’t want to be perceived as a complainer as that was not my intent.

On seeing this blade, and seeing how popular it was, i hope more manufacturers start to make knives with these blades. I am biased, because this is my favorite blade style, but that is a tough looking work blade. Congratulations to all those that have purchased one, unfortunately with 2 buys waiting to be delivered and one on the back in stock list for a third, out of my budget i'm afraid. But really nice knife, and boxer .45 your photo looks fantastic, really shows the knife in all it's glory.

... Plenty of long time members here have expressed angst in the past only to be able to secure their desires shortly after. The secondary market, particularly here on BF, will be a great place to linger when all the dust settles. I guarantee you that there will be plenty of Waynorth Lamb Foot knives being sold, knife nuts are as fickle as any other kind of nut (no offense intended).

All excellent points. It seems like every time a new pattern comes out, there's a feeding frenzy and angst all over. We just saw it with the Ramsfoot. I predict that in a month, they'll be in stock at all of the dealers ... Charlie's knife is a little different, but who knows? Maybe someone else will be willing to make a special order. Maybe GEC will build a run of them in the future if they sell well now that they're set up for it. I have mixed feelings. Angst mixed with relief. The knife looks amazing and I do want to try out a large Lambsfoot. But I need another knife like I need someone to cut off my leg and beat me with it ... if one finds me, great. If not, great. Life goes on.

I’m not a Lamb Foot fan but I do like the Sheep and Ram Foot blades. I haven’t used either but I have a 93 coming. I just stumbled on it one evening from a dealer. Pure luck. I would have been ok if I had to wait since I suspect they will continue to arrive at dealers after the rush to get one is over.

I too saw a #93 sell on eBay for $160. This was before I bought mine at retail. There were three yesterday: $160, $130 and $72.

A most curious situation.

I understand that everyone wants to discuss how/where to buy and costs but I'd really appreciate it if we can keep all that to a minimum in this thread please. If anyone has questions about where/how to buy please just send me a message. Thank you all kindly :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back