2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

Not sure how I feel about that etch, but variety being the spice of life and all that...
K09WLkY.jpg

I kid. I kid.
:D:D:D:D

Both of my 93s arrived over the past few days thanks to @gunstockjack and @gpknives . I have to say I'm loving what I have seen of this pattern so far. Both are perfectly centered, with a perfect snap, the blades sit nicely when closed and lock up securely. The black canvas is going in my user rotation right away. Not sure I love the etch but some flitz and patina will take care of it. Can't wait to see what others I can land.

IMG_20190624_161613~01.jpg IMG_20190624_161638_1~01~01.jpg

Last edited:
These have nice medium action
but what strikes me is that they are both flush at half stop.
I keep reading about this in knife reviews but had not owned a knife that was.

The Olily Creek Bones are live now at one of the major distributors.

Just got the notice that my Oily Creek Ram's Foot and ebony Waynorth Lamb's Foot both shipped today! I had to think long and hard about if I should go with ebony or jigged bone, but in the end I went with ebony because I didn't want the Lamb's Foot fighting my Case CV Sway Back in jigged bone for pocket time. These pictures are making me think I should have ordered both! The jigged bone turned out amazing. Absolutely beautiful.

I'm trying to think of the last time I was even close to this excited for a knife release... 2018 forum knife maybe?

Some of the dealers names are fairly long... Will see how this works out. I will be surprised if GEC sticks with this. On the black micarta 93 GP knives posted they didn't want their name on the etch but was required due to new policy. Maybe some dealers will opt for no etch. I guess the blue camel 93 etch or no etch might lend a clue how this is gonna go.

Its a requirement from GEC going forward. We asked about no etch on our #12, but an etch was required. On the #93s, since it's a #93 thread, Gpknives picked a sweet one for their #93 for sure, the piasa bird is very cool on there.

I had no idea this was a GEC requirement and it's quite disappointing. I don't even like when my car dealerr tries to get me to use a licence plate border. I guess in that context GP Knives did a great job with theirs. Just saw the blue bone and the etch throws off the aesthetic of what is otherwise a magnificent knife.

Holy crap I got an oily creek bone.:cool: I didn't even want it much before I started looking at them more. Look good and I hope I get a good example.
I had a shot but didn't take it. Maybe I should have, as I really like the look of those. They seem pretty consistent from production pics. Good luck on yours. I'm now patiently (hah!) waiting for the Northfields I have pre-ordered to start rolling through.

I just looked, but couldn't find any production pics yet on the Antique Autumn Jigged Bone. Do we have a reference point for what that may look like, or is it kind of a crap shoot anyway?

EDIT: Google is my friend. Could be great...

I didn't get an ebony, but I can pinch open the bone version. Right on the nick especially (if you consider that "pinching"). Mine can be pinched closer to the tip as well, but it does want to slip a little as I approach half stop. If I wiped the oil off, it's pinchability would undoubtedly improve.
Just payed the PP invoice for my jigged bone lambsfoot. If it is not pinchable, which I'm hoping it is, how much effort does it take to open? My 3 A. Wright & Son lambsfoot are not pinchable, and very uncomfortable opening by the nail nick. So much so that I am on the fence regarding them.

Just payed the PP invoice for my jigged bone lambsfoot. If it is not pinchable, which I'm hoping it is, how much effort does it take to open? My 3 A. Wright & Son lambsfoot are not pinchable, and very uncomfortable opening by the nail nick. So much so that I am on the fence regarding them.

Mine isn't bad on the nail nick, much more comforable than my sheffield versions. Similar pull to my 15.

Anyone know how production numbers compared between the different 93 runs? Did they make a lot more natural canvas knives then the other runs? Obviously the SFOs are limited but how about compared to the oily creek run?

These have nice medium action
but what strikes me is that they are both flush at half stop.
I keep reading about this in knife reviews but had not owned a knife that was.

If all 3 lobes of the tang are symmetrical and equal distance from the hole ( axel ) then as the blade rotates through 3 three phases of position, the spring will be equally deflected...… Think of the camshaft in your car...……. Same mechanics......

Spectacular inauguration launch pattern for Waynorth Cutlery!!! Wonderfully crafted by GEC! They got the pull on these just about perfect in my estimation. I think a little bit stronger than a 15 pattern. The nail nicks are perfectly positioned for an easy open. I can’t pinch either variation open:(. The jigging on the bone and the overall hafting on both handle materials is exceptional. I got a 35 Churchill a year and a half ago or so where the the brass liners in the blade well protruded above the handle material (Ebony is this case) and you could run your fingernail along both sides like it was on a rail. This is when some of the GEC work force was transitioning. Well the cutlers and hafting personnel are doing a great job now and have been on the last few releases I have purchased:thumbsup: The overall fit and finish is just top notch. I want to thank my friend (you know who you are) for facilitating my purchase of these outstanding USA made Lambfoot folders:)!!
EBE0667B-70E8-4778-A21E-78B5BE974370.jpeg

Back