1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 33 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 17 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by waverave, Apr 26, 2019.

1. MerryMadMonk

MerryMadMonk Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 22, 2011
    Not sure how I feel about that etch, but variety being the spice of life and all that...
    [​IMG]

I kid. I kid.
    :D:D:D:D

Béma, Onearmbladenut, GE Jr and 15 others like this.
  2. MerryMadMonk

MerryMadMonk Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 22, 2011
    Another masterpiece. Thanks, Charlie and Jack and GEC!
    [​IMG]

3. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Sabercat, Augie and tmd_87 like this.
  4. blanco112

blanco112 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Both of my 93s arrived over the past few days thanks to @gunstockjack and @gpknives . I have to say I'm loving what I have seen of this pattern so far. Both are perfectly centered, with a perfect snap, the blades sit nicely when closed and lock up securely. The black canvas is going in my user rotation right away. Not sure I love the etch but some flitz and patina will take care of it. Can't wait to see what others I can land.

IMG_20190624_161613~01.jpg IMG_20190624_161638_1~01~01.jpg

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    Dschal, waverave, Modoc ED and 9 others like this.
  5. steelnut

steelnut Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    These have nice medium action
    but what strikes me is that they are both flush at half stop.
    I keep reading about this in knife reviews but had not owned a knife that was.

tmd_87 likes this.
  6. A.S.

A.S. Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 8, 2017
    The Olily Creek Bones are live now at one of the major distributors.

7. Fixall

Fixall Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2018
    Just got the notice that my Oily Creek Ram's Foot and ebony Waynorth Lamb's Foot both shipped today! I had to think long and hard about if I should go with ebony or jigged bone, but in the end I went with ebony because I didn't want the Lamb's Foot fighting my Case CV Sway Back in jigged bone for pocket time. These pictures are making me think I should have ordered both! The jigged bone turned out amazing. Absolutely beautiful.

I'm trying to think of the last time I was even close to this excited for a knife release... 2018 forum knife maybe?

tmd_87, redsparrow and MerryMadMonk like this.
  8. blanco112

blanco112 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2016
    I had no idea this was a GEC requirement and it's quite disappointing. I don't even like when my car dealerr tries to get me to use a licence plate border. I guess in that context GP Knives did a great job with theirs. Just saw the blue bone and the etch throws off the aesthetic of what is otherwise a magnificent knife.

cbr1000, gaj999 and tmd_87 like this.
  9. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    C5592494-E067-4B8A-BC24-14286CA18739.jpeg F0F43CB0-75C8-4CDF-9E29-748E604B38E9.jpeg C08F7ACE-D597-4D4E-BA5A-09B2F96824B3.jpeg

These are absolutely perfect! Charlie @waynorth , you can now drop your mic!

10. Boxer .45

Boxer .45 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Holy crap I got an oily creek bone.:cool: I didn't even want it much before I started looking at them more. Look good and I hope I get a good example.

11. Kiro

Kiro Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2017
    I had a shot but didn't take it. Maybe I should have, as I really like the look of those. They seem pretty consistent from production pics. Good luck on yours. I'm now patiently (hah!) waiting for the Northfields I have pre-ordered to start rolling through.

Boxer .45 and tmd_87 like this.
  12. Augie

Augie Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Excellent snap, the bone is better than the ebony and has a heavier pull, the ebony is a 5 to 6 and the bone 6 to 7 in my opinion.

13. Kiro

Kiro Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2017
    I just looked, but couldn't find any production pics yet on the Antique Autumn Jigged Bone. Do we have a reference point for what that may look like, or is it kind of a crap shoot anyway?

EDIT: Google is my friend. Could be great...

14. stevekolt

stevekolt Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Just payed the PP invoice for my jigged bone lambsfoot. If it is not pinchable, which I'm hoping it is, how much effort does it take to open? My 3 A. Wright & Son lambsfoot are not pinchable, and very uncomfortable opening by the nail nick. So much so that I am on the fence regarding them.

Pgg365247 likes this.
  15. Jordan@DLT

[email protected] Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Jul 22, 2014
    Mine isn't bad on the nail nick, much more comforable than my sheffield versions. Similar pull to my 15.

tmd_87, stevekolt, cbr1000 and 2 others like this.
  16. knifethetank

knifethetank Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2018
    Pictures and comments are great on these 93's, to many replies, thank you all

tmd_87 and ktataragasi like this.
  17. AZCoyote

AZCoyote

Apr 30, 2019
    Anyone know how production numbers compared between the different 93 runs? Did they make a lot more natural canvas knives then the other runs? Obviously the SFOs are limited but how about compared to the oily creek run?

18. HEMI 49

HEMI 49 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 9, 2018
    If all 3 lobes of the tang are symmetrical and equal distance from the hole ( axel ) then as the blade rotates through 3 three phases of position, the spring will be equally deflected...… Think of the camshaft in your car...……. Same mechanics......

Cambertree and MerryMadMonk like this.
  19. Luger1952

Luger1952 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Spectacular inauguration launch pattern for Waynorth Cutlery!!! Wonderfully crafted by GEC! They got the pull on these just about perfect in my estimation. I think a little bit stronger than a 15 pattern. The nail nicks are perfectly positioned for an easy open. I can’t pinch either variation open:(. The jigging on the bone and the overall hafting on both handle materials is exceptional. I got a 35 Churchill a year and a half ago or so where the the brass liners in the blade well protruded above the handle material (Ebony is this case) and you could run your fingernail along both sides like it was on a rail. This is when some of the GEC work force was transitioning. Well the cutlers and hafting personnel are doing a great job now and have been on the last few releases I have purchased:thumbsup: The overall fit and finish is just top notch. I want to thank my friend (you know who you are) for facilitating my purchase of these outstanding USA made Lambfoot folders:)!!
    EBE0667B-70E8-4778-A21E-78B5BE974370.jpeg

20. gaj999

gaj999 Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 25, 2004
    I'm jealous seeing all those nice Waynorth knives. Here's hoping for another lambsfoot run sometime in the near future.

Onearmbladenut and tmd_87 like this.