Benchmade cuts up guns now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What so many people miss is that this incident of them destroying guns isn't the main problem. The main problem is that they support politicians who want to disarm citizens and remove their right to protect their family and selves in public. It starts with firearms and goes to knives and when it's all said and done, you need a reason to even have a knife... freedom isn't a reason.

Look at our own restrictive cities and states and see how they treat knife owners after they ban guns...

One leads to the other which ultimately leads to the citizen being disarmed and ruled by a government that kept all the firearms for themselves. Citizens disagreeing with what the politicians decide? Good luck throwing rocks.

This shit right here.

If you haven’t watched the cascading effect that occurred in the UK, you haven’t been paying attention. Want to make guns harder to get? Then the terrorists will build more bombs. Disarm the populace? Suddenly kitchen knives are the order of the day. London just surpassed New York in murder rates for the first time in decades. And they basically did it with pairing knives. Yesterday there were five knife attacks in five cities in Germany and it looks like they were coordinated. Unacceptable.

My first really good knife was a Benchmade Monarch. It will also be my last Benchmade.

Lines in the sand people. I’ve lost friends and family relationships over this and I will not be swayed . Study your history because humans behave in repetitive patterns and this fight is coming round again.

That was a damage control statement made at 10:22 pm last night. There is a whole other facet to this nonsense than helping a police dept destroy guns. Jon de Asis is the owner of the company now, and he has choices to make as far as trying to save face.

I doubt we see much more out of BM “officially”. If they were smart they might lay low for a bit. Though I think the damage has been done. AR15 forum has been blowing up. Some funny stuff being posted there as well.

I recently bought my first new Benchmade. After this, it was also my last.
That’s a shortsighted decision. Just because you don’t agree with certain things they do doesn’t mean you can’t use and enjoy the quality products they put out.

Over $30,000 in donations to Democrats only..for the last NINE years...
While stating on their website that they don't donate to politicians.

I was born at night ....but not LAST night.

It is what it is.
Benchmade financially and physically supports an anti 2A position and funds gun grabbers.
It sucks, but it's true.

From Benchmades website:
1BzFbNS.jpg

Donation data:

ibqWZdt.jpg

I understand the issues being discussed and nothing is being said that hasn't been said 30 times previously in this thread.

Les de Asis (the main perpetrator of those contributions) is no longer the president of Benchmade. It is now up to Jon to clear this mess up, and I'm curious to see how he does it.

I understand the issues being discussed and nothing is being said that hasn't been said 30 times previously in this thread.

Les de Asis (the main perpetrator of those contributions) is no longer the president of Benchmade. It is now up to Jon to clear this mess up, and I'm curious to see how he does it.
Good thoughts. It seems like Jon could clearly this up really easily. Just say that they made a mistake in cutting up the guns and he doesn't agree with his father's political affiliations. It takes 15 minutes to write up a statement. If he doesn't do that today it would appear he is onboard.

That’s a shortsighted decision. Just because you don’t agree with certain things they do doesn’t mean you can’t use and enjoy the quality products they put out.

I could continue to support Benchmade or.... I could support other companies who don't take my money and in turn give it to politicians who seek to disarm me.

I'm going with option 2. YMMV

I understand the legitimate question, but you clearly just made up an answer yourself. I'll go on records as I don't know, but the quoted "dozens" from Portland rep last year seems enough to justify their position and decision.

I didn't intend to make up an answer, just thinking out loud. Think about it, PD sells viable guns to gun shop. Gun shop sells guns to law abiding citizens. Percentage/number of guns sold by a gun shop used in a crime? Has to be low. Odds that one of those happen to be a PD catch & release? OK, not zero but pretty darn low. It's just a weak validation for destroying perfectly good guns.

It appears that the gun buy-back/turn-in program in place there destroys all guns along with apparently all PD confiscated guns, not just guns made illegal with mods.

Lots of things in life I can't choose where it's made or know the leanings of the company, like the snow shovel I just bought, but for the things in life that I'm "into" I much prefer USA made and that the company supports the same values I do. The contributions are more damning than the gun cutting.

Under the present political environment, I refuse to patronize a company that actively strives to undermine the rights of it's customers. I have been buying Benchmade knives since the 1980s, but if this is how they chose to play I can easily find other options.

n2s

I could continue to support Benchmade or.... I could support other companies who don't take my money and in turn give it to politicians who seek to disarm me.

I'm going with option 2. YMMV
Did you not see the posts a few above yours? The person who made the contributions is no longer president of the company.

Looks like Jon has a chance to have Benchmade do a Ruger, but we'll see. Probably going to be harder, since unlike Bill, Les is still alive and Benchmade is still a private company.

The problem with all this talk is that people are never consistent when it comes to boycotting companies due to political contributions. I don't care if you are a lib avoiding Chic-fil-a or a GOPer who refuses to shop at Target.

I am guessing a lot of you are sending messages either from your macs or iphones. Hate to tell you, but 91% of Apple's contributions go to Dems. Oh wait, you are on a PC... well hate to tell you, but Microsoft also favors the liberals and is one of their biggest corporate supporters. Using an Android? Yup, you guessed it -- Google is a big contributor to the Democrats.

Do what you want, but I care a lot more about the quality of product a company can produce and its level of customer service than I do on how the profits are spent.

They need to be made an example of for other companies thinking of doing similar things. There is simply too much at stake.

You’re 100% right they do deserve it,

but people work for that company and support their families with that pay. Let’s hold off a second to see what they say before calling for national boycott.

Benchmade probably is getting shaken down by the democrats in its state. They aren’t exactly a big risk taking company lately and probably paid to keep the dems on their side since they rule the state Benchmade operates in.

A little sincerity on their part and an apology for essentially getting into bed with the enemy would go a long way in my books.

I doubt we see much more out of BM “officially”. If they were smart they might lay low for a bit. Though I think the damage has been done. AR15 forum has been blowing up. Some funny stuff being posted there as well.

Yup.
Arfcom is on it.
Lol.
Good thoughts. It seems like Jon could clearly this up really easily. Just say that they made a mistake in cutting up the guns and he doesn't agree with his father's political affiliations. It takes 15 minutes to write up a statement. If he doesn't do that today it would appear he is onboard.

Clear this up?
You mean the part about lying outright and claiming BM doesn't support politicians?

Or lying about being "required" to chop up guns?

BM willingly committed corporate suicide.
They voted with their dollars.
Their customer base will vote with theirs.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

After multiple lies, I won't trust a word they say.
They will simply cover their tracks better.

I can understand them helping to cut up those guns since it was a court ordered destruction because those guns can never be re-sold to the public but what I can’t understand is their obvious support for anti-second amendment politicians. I think until they clear up this issue I’m going to hold off on buying anymore Benchmade products and spend my money elsewhere until I am convinced they are not an anti-second amendment company.

My first thought after seeing this discussed on Instagram:
Gosh guys, it's not a photo of Benchmade sawing puppies in half. Breathe. There might be more info you need to gather before working yourselves into a slather.

Second thought: Ooooh are used Benchmades going to be on sale?! (Seriously though... Are they?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back