BF2020 Viper Swayback Discuss Thread

Just back from the mail box.
Thanks Mike!!
ITP57yF.jpg
8WCyVwr.jpg

{ Your item was delivered at 10:01 am on November 16, 2020 in POINT ROBERTS, WA 98281.

USPS Premium Tracking™ Available
Status
Delivered
November 16, 2020 at 10:01 am

Delivered

POINT ROBERTS, WA 98281 }

So, the knives for Canadian members arrived today in WA!!
Now I have to go across the border and get them! Hopefully I/we won't get hit for duty charges!!
Then I have to self quarantine for 14 days, during which I will package the knives, and hopefully get a reliable person to post them before 14 days, after which I will post them myself if I have no luck!!
They sure look worth the wait!!
:cool:
Sorry there will be a bit of delay!! I will post progress as it occurs!!

Yours and the ones to re-ship were separate; make sure they are both there....

These will be my first Ram's Horn knives. I'm looking at all these great pictures and I honestly haven't seen one yet I couldn't live with. I keep going back and forth between weather I like the lighter or darker ones, or maybe striped is my favorite, or maybe more in the middle? Smooth vs figured? Shiny looking vs dry looking?
So I see several major factors in three categories to describe these.

Light
Dark
Medium
Striped

figured
smooth

Shiny
Dry

16 different possibilities and they all look good!
The complete opposite of Stag.
Lol same here exactly my thoughts !

Viper really makes a mechanically fine knife, and it is very lightweight.

The 2019 GEC will be set aside and the 2020 Viper will be main pocket carry.

I better clean up and oil the 2019 before I put it away.

2018 Buck is still my favorite pocket knife ever made.

The last three years.......... interesting how close in size they are.

075E33DE-F0E1-4289-A5C4-32CF2C95866B.jpeg 6ECFEBEF-D99E-4A03-97EE-6B4355E1724C.jpeg ACA51525-5639-4C8C-B25A-B1C8279C76C1.jpeg 6C437696-A6BF-4198-95BC-4685CE3E7FD1.jpeg

Viper really makes a mechanically fine knife, and it is very lightweight.

The 2019 GEC will be set aside and the 2020 Viper will be main pocket carry.

I better clean up and oil the 2019 before I put it away.

2018 Buck is still my favorite pocket knife ever made.

The last three years.......... interesting how close in size they are.

View attachment 1456401 View attachment 1456402 View attachment 1456403 View attachment 1456404
Beautiful character on yours love it !!

view

view

Top one is mismatched somewhat with dark and light sides. But the light scale has that cool stripe. The bottom one is kind of plain vanilla, but it feels good in hand. All in all I’m happy. Thanks for doing this it is the best thing that has happened in 2020.

Last edited:
Returned from grocery shopping just in time to take a few photos of the 3 that I just received . Thank you knifeswapper knifeswapper for making all of this happen . I received 1 for me and 2 others for my twin nephews who are both very fine young men . Each knife is a little different than the others and each one has no reason for me to dis-like it . I would be very happy with any one of the 3 . But alas , I did have to choose 1 to keep for myself . The Mark Side photo that I took of all 3 had to be deleted because it was not good enough .

These 2 will be headed south to Ripley County very soon .

This one will be staying in Wisconsin with me .

Harry

Out for delivery.....and then!!!!@$%#%$@!!!! DELIVERY FAILED! at 5:15! I was home at 5:00 there was NO mail truck. Ugh o well hopefully tomorrow. These are looking great keep the pics comming! I gotta get through the day tomorrow somehow!

I received most of the ones coming my way (I have some forwarding to do). I have not picked one, I'm ambivalent on the covers. But this is a much nicer, more usable, knife than I expected. It's very much of a size to a couple others in this pattern I have, and I think it will join the 2013 as one that gets used a lot. I think I actually prefer it to the GEC, and definitely to the IXL and RR I have. (The RR does get a lot of carry, but I dislike the plastic scales. The blade is, however, excellent.)

I can’t get over the rounded back spring, and how it wraps around the bolster almost touching the blade again. Really well done. I also noticed I can’t squeeze the blade further into the well after it’s closed. It’s the first knife I’ve ever noticed that on.

I’m not one to fidgit with knives, but I like when a closed knife doesn’t have sharp edges and just feel good. Horn has such a warm feeling. All that and a wharncliffe what a great knife.

Just a great knife. Definitely going to get some pocket time

Last edited:
It's fun to see all the pictures as each one arrives. Such a variety!
GeofS pic of his forum knife and Otnat inspired this pic:thumbsup: they work well together:)
WnIzRH.jpg

TFCcGh.jpg
Wow! Amazing how well matched those are. If someone were designing a knife set, they couldn't do better.
That almost doesn't look like the same knife as your first pictures! Neat!
Thanks! I said it looked strange when I first opened the box, but seeing it in bright sunlight made all the difference! I love it.

Got it outta the mailbox about 45-minutes ago. Pretty nice with bark, figuring, and dark arcs. Light at the window isn't very good this afternoon - rain and snow on the way in a couple/three hours. Will get some better shots tomorrow.

CNoJBbb.jpg

2kwOpA2.jpg

Thanks Mike! Ya done a good job.:thumbsup::)

Photos of my 2. Like most who ordered more than 1, I got 1 darker and 1 lighter. The darker one isn't as well matched color-wise front to back, but that doesn't bother me. Fit and finish are great, the blade is sharp and centered, the bolsters are a perfect satin finish with no blemishes. I think these are absolutely great knives. My only problem, these 2 were for my dad and I. But my wife saw them, and made a comment that she really likes the handle, size, and blade on this knife. I may have to keep an eye out for another swayback Viper to keep her happy.

1 thing I've learned, if your wife asks for a knife, get her one!
viper-2020-BF.jpg
viper-2020-back-BF.jpg

Back