1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

BF2020 Viper Swayback Discuss Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by knifeswapper, Nov 12, 2020.

1. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Nice ! I like the stripe :thumbsup:
    Although everyone’s look outstanding and love them all. What a variety all the way across the board :cool:

Lander boy Matt likes this.
  2. Scott J.

Scott J. Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 8, 2019
    Just back from the mail box.
    Thanks Mike!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

mbkr, Dadpool, Xr6x and 38 others like this.
  3. knifeswapper

knifeswapper Knife Peddler Dealer / Materials Provider

Sep 3, 2004
    Yours and the ones to re-ship were separate; make sure they are both there....

4. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Lol same here exactly my thoughts !

5. Elgatodeacero

Elgatodeacero Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Viper really makes a mechanically fine knife, and it is very lightweight.

The 2019 GEC will be set aside and the 2020 Viper will be main pocket carry.

I better clean up and oil the 2019 before I put it away.

2018 Buck is still my favorite pocket knife ever made.

The last three years.......... interesting how close in size they are.

075E33DE-F0E1-4289-A5C4-32CF2C95866B.jpeg 6ECFEBEF-D99E-4A03-97EE-6B4355E1724C.jpeg ACA51525-5639-4C8C-B25A-B1C8279C76C1.jpeg 6C437696-A6BF-4198-95BC-4685CE3E7FD1.jpeg

mbkr, Dadpool, Xr6x and 30 others like this.
  6. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Beautiful character on yours love it !!

Elgatodeacero likes this.
  7. eveled

eveled Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 11, 2016
    F6730882-A8AA-4B62-A555-CD98C4E83259.jpeg 25F0DD5C-9095-4EF5-B90A-9C8444EAC3D8.jpeg

Top one is mismatched somewhat with dark and light sides. But the light scale has that cool stripe. The bottom one is kind of plain vanilla, but it feels good in hand. All in all I’m happy. Thanks for doing this it is the best thing that has happened in 2020.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    mbkr, Dadpool, Xr6x and 27 others like this.
  8. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Returned from grocery shopping just in time to take a few photos of the 3 that I just received . Thank you @knifeswapper for making all of this happen . I received 1 for me and 2 others for my twin nephews who are both very fine young men . Each knife is a little different than the others and each one has no reason for me to dis-like it . I would be very happy with any one of the 3 . But alas , I did have to choose 1 to keep for myself . The Mark Side photo that I took of all 3 had to be deleted because it was not good enough .
    [​IMG]
    These 2 will be headed south to Ripley County very soon .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This one will be staying in Wisconsin with me .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Harry

mbkr, Dadpool, Xr6x and 36 others like this.
  9. miltmaldo

miltmaldo Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2012
    Bro I still can’t get over this . 32CAA33F-0312-489F-8CD3-C7D6E21B072B.jpeg D17B406C-9708-40DE-90FB-81EFDC6BEB9B.jpeg

Dadpool, Xr6x, JOELSM and 20 others like this.
  10. eveled

Mar 11, 2016
    F09951E2-5976-4852-8F99-991D53061571.jpeg
    pretty wild how the lighter scales play with light.

mbkr, Dadpool, Xr6x and 19 others like this.
  11. nickvnlr

nickvnlr Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 23, 2014
    o_O All these pics... I succumbed and took Mike up on a "cull" We shall see what an "ugly" one looks like. ;)
    :thumbsup:

12. Lander boy Matt

Lander boy Matt Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Made me grab a flashlight! Very cool indeed

13. seas165

seas165 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Out for delivery.....and [email protected]$%#%[email protected]!!!! DELIVERY FAILED! at 5:15! I was home at 5:00 there was NO mail truck. Ugh o well hopefully tomorrow. These are looking great keep the pics comming! I gotta get through the day tomorrow somehow!

14. eisman

eisman Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 9, 2009
    I received most of the ones coming my way (I have some forwarding to do). I have not picked one, I'm ambivalent on the covers. But this is a much nicer, more usable, knife than I expected. It's very much of a size to a couple others in this pattern I have, and I think it will join the 2013 as one that gets used a lot. I think I actually prefer it to the GEC, and definitely to the IXL and RR I have. (The RR does get a lot of carry, but I dislike the plastic scales. The blade is, however, excellent.)

Misplaced Hillbilly likes this.
  15. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    I think these two (maybe one or two others) are the only ones I’ve seen with the curves going in this direction.

Misplaced Hillbilly and Quiet like this.
  16. eveled

Mar 11, 2016
    I can’t get over the rounded back spring, and how it wraps around the bolster almost touching the blade again. Really well done. I also noticed I can’t squeeze the blade further into the well after it’s closed. It’s the first knife I’ve ever noticed that on.

I’m not one to fidgit with knives, but I like when a closed knife doesn’t have sharp edges and just feel good. Horn has such a warm feeling. All that and a wharncliffe what a great knife.

Just a great knife. Definitely going to get some pocket time

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    Xr6x, jrawk, marcus52AR and 4 others like this.
  17. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    It's fun to see all the pictures as each one arrives. Such a variety!
    Wow! Amazing how well matched those are. If someone were designing a knife set, they couldn't do better.
    Thanks! I said it looked strange when I first opened the box, but seeing it in bright sunlight made all the difference! I love it.

craytab and Quiet like this.
  18. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Got it outta the mailbox about 45-minutes ago. Pretty nice with bark, figuring, and dark arcs. Light at the window isn't very good this afternoon - rain and snow on the way in a couple/three hours. Will get some better shots tomorrow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks Mike! Ya done a good job.:thumbsup::)

mbkr, Dadpool, Xr6x and 39 others like this.
  19. jlauffer

jlauffer Dissident Aggressor Platinum Member

Apr 11, 2016
    "In transit, arriving late" :(

craytab likes this.
  20. Rookie82

Rookie82 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2014
    Photos of my 2. Like most who ordered more than 1, I got 1 darker and 1 lighter. The darker one isn't as well matched color-wise front to back, but that doesn't bother me. Fit and finish are great, the blade is sharp and centered, the bolsters are a perfect satin finish with no blemishes. I think these are absolutely great knives. My only problem, these 2 were for my dad and I. But my wife saw them, and made a comment that she really likes the handle, size, and blade on this knife. I may have to keep an eye out for another swayback Viper to keep her happy.

1 thing I've learned, if your wife asks for a knife, get her one!
    viper-2020-BF.jpg
    viper-2020-back-BF.jpg

mbkr, Dadpool, Xr6x and 37 others like this.