CollectorKnives / LionSteel Otnat

I am considering that beautiful rams horn but I am concerned about the durability. Usually I prefer micarta so I just pocket carry and don’t worry about dropping keys or change on it. Those of you who have them, please chime in and let me know how you carry yours. Thanks

I just wrapped up my second day carrying my OD Green G10 Otnat. I wish I could say that I've put it through its paces but all I've done so far is cut the top off of two small bags of chips from the snack machine at work. While not a heavy duty task, it glided right through those pseudo aluminum foil bags with nice clean and even cuts. The blade is nicely sharpened right out of the box.

Aside from that I've fiddled with the knife just about every chance I've had and I think it's safe to say that I like this knife a whole lot. It's an impressive piece and I'm glad I took a chance on it.

Someone implied a few pages back that these might have Teflon washers but unless Teflon is bronze in color, that doesn't appear to be the case. A bright flashlight reveals something of a bronze or copper color inside the pivot area.

Aside from that I've fiddled with the knife just about every chance I've had and I think it's safe to say that I like this knife a whole lot. It's an impressive piece and I'm glad I took a chance on it.

Ditto! I was going to pass on this one ... but decided to go ahead and order one in Rams Horn (my Roundhead, Shuffler, and Dom all are in Ram's horn). I gotta say, I REALLY like it. I fits so nicely in hand and actually find the blade shape quite useful and eye catching .... not to mention the horn!

ySroEDY.jpg

hJmnZGE.jpg

Ditto! I was going to pass on this one ... but decided to go ahead and order one in Rams Horn (my Roundhead, Shuffler, and Dom all are in Ram's horn). I gotta say, I REALLY like it. I fits so nicely in hand and actually find the blade shape quite useful and eye catching .... not to mention the horn!

ySroEDY.jpg

hJmnZGE.jpg

That is some great looking horn, Dennis! Very attractive.

Should have a clip version in a couple weeks.... Worked hard for a high/medium/low tip - something for everyone. Very glad they are being well received. The drop and clip will not be as pinchable for those folks that like to pull their blades open ;> I did that to keep the profile as low as possible.

knifeswapper knifeswapper do you have any clip point teaser photos to share?

Yep. Like Mike said, it’s not really pinchable due to the low profile and the stout(ish) pull. Which I like. Great action/walk and talk. I’ll be getting the Otnat next (maybe in stag) and I’m hoping to snag the clip in micarta or horn. Great series here and criminally underrated.
That Ebony looks great! How pinchable is the blade on your drop point variant?

I can answer that - not. With the strength of the pull and the low profile you need to have a pretty stout pinch to make it work. It was a conscious decision on the DP.

Back