Contest ! Baby Boy on its way.....Win a Kagas Katne!

Hang in there Big-guy, the BIG DAY is almost here:rolleyes: :eek: ;)

I think you best have a quick beer cuz you are going to be at the Hospital Sunday night.

The baby will be Born Monday morning, May 13, 2002 in the wee hours of the morning.

21.75 inches

eight pounds six ounces

Good luck and the little guy shall be a keeper!!!!
Ira:) :)

The problem with the little guy is that he doesn't have a watch, and he doesn't know how to tell time anyhow. Just let him know that the game is on tomorrow afternoon, the prezels are getting stale, and the beer will get warm. If that doesn't hurry the guy up then nothing will.

n2s

OK my 3rd guess:
Sunday 5/12 @ 10:25pm. 23"; 9lb. 3oz.; & 6 months of age.

Take care!!

**UPDATE**
Sunday Morning:
Hangin' in there...Went to the Brazilian Family Fest in DC yesterday - a lot of fun, but thank-goodness it was free! Seems like there is a stigma associated with the quality of "free" events...well, it was dead on this time!:D:D Even so, I will still keep going to the free ones...

Saw this huge fabric scultpure done by Ernest Neto. Imagine this: a large room filled with giant pantyhose filled with styrofoam balls hanging from the ceiling & drooping all the way to the floor...very interesting...:rolleyes: Even my wife was bored with it.:D

Still, an all-out-fun day - I came home sunburnt & she came home exhausted.

For Mother's Day - got her a mixer & attachment
For Mother's Day (grandma) - got a bunch of kids toys = entering her "second childhood" - LOL:D

Happy Mother's Day to all!

OK...now I'm getting steamed! :mad:

Just for fun, I've been looking online at pregnancy "due date" calculators.

There seems to be a pretty wide disparity between the ones I found online. Interesting thing = the most accurate ones (that ask for specific information - cycle length, etc.) put the due date for May 12 - Today!!:confused: :eek:

My wife's cycle is 31 days instead of 28. Apparently, the nurses who gave us a May 6 due date used a 28 day cycle (standard) instead of my wife's actual cycle. (at least that's what my calculations give me - I've been working on this for hours - ok, I'm a math nut:D)

So, since I'm pretty good at math (and numerology) I've gone back and looked at the cycle dates, statistics, conception days, etc., for the last kid... If I use a 28 day cycle, the boy was 5 days late. If I use a 31 day cycle, he was 1 day late..!!

I've also figured out the moon phases during her pregnancy (ok...call me superstitious, but I HAD to try everything:D). If I project the same gestation period from the last one onto this time, I get May 12th again!

So, I'm guessing that if the child is 1 or 2 or even 3 days late on my calendar, that would be today through Thursday as potential due dates.

So why do the doctors make such a big stink about their prized due date? They insisted every time that it was accurate. I know that babies come late, and I can accept that. What I can't accept is that they wouldn't take the time to custom-fit a due date specific to our circumstance.

The real reason that this is chapping my hide is that my wife is very demanding on herself, sets goal and acheives them, and is always on time. So, it is driving her crazy to be "late", "past due", etc., etc. We're now to the point where we just "don't talk about it" in hopes that it won't fuel the fire of frustation.

**deep breath**

Thanks for letting me rant, y'all! :)

I hate to say it but I told you so. Smart kid. Give him a big hug and "well done" from old Uncle Bill when he decides to finally bite the bullet.

Congra....WHAT?! No kid yet!!?
:)

Well, now that I think back I've never heard of a birth on an actual due date. One or two a day early, most of them a few days late. But I can't recall any doctor hitting it right on the money.

But then again did you really want your child born on mothers day.
Imagine a six years old birthday party. Kids everywhere, spilling punch on the floor, cake on the sofa. The dog barking. Your wife standing there looking at the aftermath with a look of disbelief that they could mess up so much so fast... you slide up, put your arms around your wife and whisper "happy mothers day"....and catch an elbow in the ribs.

Be extra nice tonight. order out, bring in some flowers from the garden, give her a foot massage. Be patient.

Blessings from the California coast

Originally posted by shappa
But then again did you really want your child born on mothers day.

LOL!!:D:D

Of course, May 12th won't always be mother's day... ;) :D

But your tale was very well written and gave me (and my wife) a good chuckle.:)

Thanks!

LOL, I completly forgot about that!:eek:
My only excuse is I've always had holidays/ birthdays sneak up on me. If it wasn't for my wife saying "Tomorrow is xxxx get something nice" I'd be in more trouble than I usually am.:D

Am allowed to keep guessing?
If so I'll try Tuesday morning. 8lbs.2 oz. and 21"

Glad I could lighten things up.
Thanks for the contest..

**UPDATE**
Monday Morning (again...**sigh**)

We're headed into the doctor today to get some tests done. I will update this thread when we get back. Should be interesting...;)

Dude, the waitin', is the hardest part, this will be my last guess, no matter what, I wish you and your impending family the very best.

Tues. May 14th, 2:21PM
20.5inches
8lbs 11ounces

BTTT - It was hanging on the edge.

My last guess was supposed to be May 13th, but this whole week slipped into the void, and it ended up being the next Monday, the 20th. Perhaps a fortunate slip.

**UPDATE**
5/14 Tuesday Morning:

Went into the midwife yesterday afternoon. We did a "non-stress" test to check the baby's reactions to the mama's contractions...boom, chick-a-boom...:D Everything is great! She was still 2cm and 50%, so the nurse stripped the membranes. That, of course, has started regular contractions...The END is in Sight!!!:cool:

We have to go in today for a BioPhysical Profile. I will keep you guys updated.

T. Erdelyi, shappa, munk, Uncle Bill, Clydetz, not2sharp, Shivan, Verzejd = Thanks for the guesses and comments - helps me keep my sense of humor.:D

wolfmann601 = BIG thanks for the Big-Guy

Tohatchi NM: thanks for the BTTT. I was soo busy getting in on the latest villager deals that I forgot to update! (Thanks, Bill!:D)

***Remember: even if you get the date wrong, you can still win if you guess the exact weight and height.

Back