CRK Cheat Day

Seems like there are a lot of Spyderco style "Cheats" .... Is this cheating?????
No that’s just wrong! lol 🤪 j/k
Para3 is my edc until I got my Sebenza a few weeks ago and now the Sebenza is slowly taking over most of the pocket time
UVBESjj.jpg

I get that but,, like Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana..... Best of both worlds!!!

I guess it's not a cheat day if you don't carry a CRK primarily. I love a CRK but I'll admit that the frame lock is not my favorite locking mechanism. So most days I'm carrying a Benchmade or a Spyderco (Compression Lock). With that being said I did just land a Large Micarta 21 that I'm really excited about. So maybe there are more CRK days in my future.

I guess it's not a cheat day if you don't carry a CRK primarily. I love a CRK but I'll admit that the frame lock is not my favorite locking mechanism. So most days I'm carrying a Benchmade or a Spyderco (Compression Lock). With that being said I did just land a Large Micarta 21 that I'm really excited about. So maybe there are more CRK days in my future.
I was/am in the same boat. But after getting my first CRK a few weeks ago it is slowly taking over pocket time.

I was/am in the same boat. But after getting my first CRK a few weeks ago it is slowly taking over pocket time.

I've owned several and tried to make it my one knife over time but I like other knives as well especially other steels. I've come to the conclusion that I need to appreciate each knife for what it is, own it, and carry it occasionally and stop trying to make 1 knife fit everything. I could if forced but I just don't want to.

I've come to the same conclusion, be it watches, knives, firearms, fountain pens... would be the same with automobiles, but, uh, we only have a 3 car garage (yeah, I'll stick with that, THAT's my excuse ;-) )

It seems no knife displaces a CRK from my pocket as consistently as the Spyderco Brouwer. I just love this knife. Took it to work out of town with me this week and was probably the most I ever used a knife on the job in a single week. Mostly stripping tons of wire sheathing, cutting electrical tape, opening packs of parts and materials, and cutting pieces of cardboard to make lists on and draw wiring diagrams. My thumb is actually sore form deploying and closing it so much; not something that happens very easily. Sharpened it before I went down and the edge held up the whole week too.

iz3kkCl.jpg

I always keep a small 21 CGG Rhino lefty in the bottom of my front left pocket in a leather slip sheath. Clipped to the pocket has until recently been either a large Sebenza or Inkosi. But I recently acquired a lefty Hinderer XM18, and my first Spartan Harsey Folder, both of which have received pocket time as primary carry. I still pick up the occasional ZT or Spyderco for the collection, but I only carry these high end folders which I can completely remove any blade play from at this point. I've just become snobbish about what I trust to cover absolutely any situation when I'm out and about.

Back