• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Deep carry / low ride titanium clips for Spyderco - Delica, PM2, Manix, etc. - Run #3

Hi Casey,
I want to order a short version of black powder clip for the Para military 2 to indonesia
do you still have it?

Thanks,
Yudha

Last edited:
Full Metal Lynch Kit.
2016-02-08%2017.44.06_zpsruyzd2tw.jpg

Thanks Casey, incredible work on these fit bits. All tight and right. :D

Arrived sooner than I expected :)
It was definitely a bit of a challenge to get it screwed on but 1000% worth the effort. Clips slides into the pocket easy and stays put. Thanks Casey! I'm sure I'll be throwing more money at you in the future.

Last edited:
So those are the Delica 4 scales? I believe that's the first ones I've seen in the wild.

Yes they are, indeed. I wasn't sure if Casey had started a separate thread for them, or not? So I figured I'd post them here!
Completely transforms the Delica. And I already liked the Delica just fine as it was... but this is amazing just how different the knife operates now with this handle.

20160204_183519_zpsn321exuy.jpg

I have more photos posted in the Spyderco subforum.

Yes they are, indeed. I wasn't sure if Casey had started a separate thread for them, or not? So I figured I'd post them here!
Completely transforms the Delica. And I already liked the Delica just fine as it was... but this is amazing just how different the knife operates now with this handle.

I'd be very interested to hear more in regards to the ergonomics- the finger choil and more obtuse frame reminds me of the Caly/Rescue series, which have the best grip of any knife I've used. A similar handle, but with the blade selection the Delica series offers, would be fantastic, and it seems that's what the scales offer. What's the weight like?

I'd be very interested to hear more in regards to the ergonomics- the finger choil and more obtuse frame reminds me of the Caly/Rescue series, which have the best grip of any knife I've used. A similar handle, but with the blade selection the Delica series offers, would be fantastic, and it seems that's what the scales offer. What's the weight like?

I don't know if this is the proper place to discuss all the details of the handle, and distract from the clips, but I'll let Casey decide and I can edit my posts as necessary... just let me know if I'm out of line here.

But, the complete kit assembled as it comes, including deep clip and using a HAP40 blade (thinner than VG10), weighs 14 grams heavier than a stock HAP40 Delica out of the box (and lightly sharpened).

It's funny you mention the Caly, because that is one comparison I used in other threads elsewhere to describe the feel. It really is mini-Paramilitary'esque, but with the arched handle spine contour (PM is more flat) of the Delica/Caly. Finger placement is eerily similar to the Caly. Shares some visual cues with the ATR, with the speedholes, and lucky 7, no less. :D

It is a very svelte package, matching the slicey blade of the Delica.

Initially I thought I'd miss the jimping on the index choil, or notice how the blade ricasso wasn't rounded, but in-hand neither of those are a concern at all. Pretty incredible.

Mr. Lynch did some proper r&d on this. It shows in the fitment and how the knife operates. :thumbup:
Even closed, it is clear that concious thought was invested in the design.

Awesome pics, too Speed! Thanks brother.

Thanks Spunky, I really appreciate the kind words.

Hey Growlye - I sold out of the black ones pretty quickly. The cerakote Josh put on them (Razor Edge here on BF) is siiiiick. He did a stellar job. I'll be doing more black ones soon.

Thanks flammzrant! Great pics. Yeah, they can sometimes be a battle to get on, especially the first time you do it. Glad it worked out.

Casey

Thanks Speed! I appreciate you sharing that, and for the kind words. Much appreciated!:)
Casey

Yes. Thanks for posting Speed, it was timely!
I was already communicating with Casey about a clip and possible scale for a PM2, but he was out of stock on the PM2 scales. Casey did indicate he had Ti Delica scales in stock and immediately saw Speed's pics posted here so timing was perfect.

Can't wait to get these in. Thanks again Casey!

I searched and didn't see any discussion about it since April of last year, but is there any development on a Southard deep-carry clip? If you need something to work with, I'd be happy to offer mine as a test-bed.

I'm a little late with pics, but have been thoroughly enjoying my blue anodized clip from Casey. I ordered the LONG for my MANIX 2 XL, and glad I didn't get the short. This is a big knife, the long version of the clip goes perfectly with it. It matches the length of the stock clip, as you can see pictured.

As you can see the knife won't be totally covered in the pocket, but it's WAYYY better than stock. I wonder if Casey can do a deeper version?

He included some silver short screws, and an allen key to put them in, however I liked the idea of keeping my stock black screws. It was a bit difficult to get in since they are longer, but it is definitely do-able.

I've worn the knife just about every day since Christmas, and it's holding up well aside from the expected minimal wear marks.

I'm THOROUGHLY happy with the clip, and appreciate Casey's worksmanship and customer service. I'm sure i'll be picking up a bronze clip shortly.

20160211_151706.jpg 20160211_151604.jpg
20160211_151533.jpg 20160211_151512.jpg
20160211_151458.jpg

I'm a little late with pics, but have been thoroughly enjoying my blue anodized clip from Casey. I ordered the LONG for my MANIX 2 XL, and glad I didn't get the short. This is a big knife, the long version of the clip goes perfectly with it. It matches the length of the stock clip, as you can see pictured.

As you can see the knife won't be totally covered in the pocket, but it's WAYYY better than stock. I wonder if Casey can do a deeper version?

He included some silver short screws, and an allen key to put them in, however I liked the idea of keeping my stock black screws. It was a bit difficult to get in since they are longer, but it is definitely do-able.

I've worn the knife just about every day since Christmas, and it's holding up well aside from the expected minimal wear marks.

I'm THOROUGHLY happy with the clip, and appreciate Casey's worksmanship and customer service. I'm sure i'll be picking up a bronze clip shortly.

View attachment 613635 View attachment 613634
View attachment 613633 View attachment 613632
View attachment 613631
Thanks for posting this. I was going to order a small clip for my manix xl but now I will be ordering the longer one. Thanks again.

Hi Casey,
Just wanted to let you know my package arrived promptly Monday afternoon. The blue anodized color matches the scales of scales of this s110v PM2 perfectly. I've been wearing it daily since and this deep carry clip is so much better than the standard factory clip.

Thanks again,
Barry

Sorry Casey, this is long overdue. Thank you for your awesome service and craftsmanship. BTW, do you have any more short black clips?

20160216_101940_zpsqaqopsbq.jpg

Back