Do you have an +$100 EDC..?

0550, 0801, Domino, SOCFK, CF Blur,Nishijin DF2, 707 Sequel. I carry at least 1 of these everyday. Tho admittedly there are occasional exceptions...I usually only take my SAK Climber model when I cruise.

Spyderco Gayle Bradley, ZT0350TS, SOG Pentagon Elite, Benchmade 530, Kershaw blur. I didn't necessarily pay $100+ for them, but the msrp is over $100. The bm530 sees the most pocket time.

There are quite a bit of us that use knives over $100 as edc. However there are certain knives that I do not want to edc, but those are usually discontinued models. I have no problem using the Spyderco Paramilitary 2 (115$)

Exactly, I have over 100 knives. Used to buy several cheap knives a month. Now I'd rather save up for a year and get something truly epic to me.

the only thing with having a truly "epic" knife is your less reluctant to using it hard or beating the hell out of it.

Paramilitary 2. Any knife I buy gets dragged through, between, up, and around. No bench warmers in my collection.

It's fun reading through to see what folks were carrying 4 + years ago, and how some of them have been discontinued, and therfore are worth a lot more. Maybe there are those that would have regretted not keeping them NIB condition, as the asking price has skyrocketed.

I would not be one of those people, though. I never buy a knife to keep it locked up for investment purposes. I buy what I like, and I use it. I do have several knives under $100, but I also have several between $100-200, and a small number over $200, with just a couple around $500. They all are carried and used. I'm not too averse to actually making them work hard, either.

I buy, again, because I like the knife. The joy comes with the use, and being able to appreciate the form AND function.

A few of my favorite EDCs: Microtech LCC D/A, Microtech Scarab, Kershaw Tyrade, Benchmade 730CFHS, William Henry Gentech, ZT 0550, Kershaw 3600, Spyderco Vallotton Sub-hilt, Case Tony Bose Lanny's Clip, Microtech Tachyon II, GEC SFO trapper (2012 Traditional Forum knife), Camillus Cuda Dominator.

The obligartory PM2 of course ... but by the strict knife laws in Germany I don´t carry it anymore (unfortunatelly)

I got a damacus knife by F. Hartkopf some time ago and I carry it frequently

The blemishes tell a story
I carry a mt LCc da- well over 100
But it's served me well for years

ZT560 and ZT301. The 560 seems to get more carry time.

But I do have a 561 and 30x variants that are currently safe queens....

Morris Friction Folder, Case/Bose Swayback, Sebenza 25 in my current / past EDC's

This is a great thread for a new knife afficionado like myself. Many of my knives do cost in excess of $100. And I use every one of them. Life's too short (I'm getting old) for me to keep something locked away.

I must admit that so far the Mini Griptilian has become my favorite modern folder. Love my traditionals as well. But the Mini Grip at around $80 or so is a great bargain for a great knife. It's the only knife I own more than one of, and I'm thinking of buying more At least from this newbie's perspective, the Mini Grip may be the perfect EDC.

I'm considering plunking down the shekels for a Small Sebenza micarta/insingo. I am sure of this - if I buy it, I'm going to use it - and often.

Last edited:
All of my carry knives arel over $100.00, though do use a couple of CS Voyagers for the nasty stuff.

I sold all of my expensive knives. My only over $100 ones now are a Sage 2 and orange Military. Work EDC is a Tasman salt and D2 paramilitary 1. Weekend usually the Sage.

Yes, I EDC several that are over $100, the BM940 and a PM2 topping the list, but they're not alone amongst several other $100+ folders, most being larger tactical/hard use folders and not too conducive to EDC (they're still EDC'd but not as often).

In this day and age, though, you don't necessarily need a $100 plus folder to have quality in your pocket, as there are many options that cost $30-$40 which are outstanding (think Ontario Rat1, several Spyderco 8cr13mov models).

I've found that if you want American made, you might need to up the amount to around $70 (Manix 2 LW).

I sold all of my expensive knives. My only over $100 ones now are a Sage 2 and orange Military. Work EDC is a Tasman salt and D2 paramilitary 1. Weekend usually the Sage.

I have a Sage 1 that should arrive today. Was looking at the Sage 2 (assuming I like the Sage 1). I'd be interested in knowing what it is about this knife that makes it the only over $100 knife you still own.

Only own one knife that's 100 on the nose. Everything else is under 100 that I paid for, but I was given a knife that is over 150.

I carry and use my Sebenza 25. It's a 445 dollar knife, and it goes everywhere I go. I take good care of it, and it takes good care of me! I haven't found another knife that exceeds my expectations quite like the 25. Therefore, I quit buying. So really, it was the best investment I could've ever made! No more spending money on knives when I already have the best!

Back