flashlights

I ended up with the EN finish (electroless Nickel), I like it much more than the black. The Copper was not available or an option. For starters I'll stick to the AAA, but I will order the 10440 as a backup. Thanks for the tip.

Weird the copper wasn't available. I got mine from Unique Titanium actually. I think the copper is a little brighter anyway on AAA, but on 10440 I get around 250 lumens on high. I believe Prometheus does not recommend Li-ion, but I live dangerously. If you this is your first Nichia light, it won't be your last. [emoji3]

I have a Prometheus Beta-QRv2 on the way. Should be here next week sometime. :D

The Beta's are awesome, I think they are the finest AAA flashlights available right now. Mine is always on me, I use a 10440 battery which makes it way brighter.

I just ordered a Spark SF3, I wanted something with a flood reflector.

sf3-2.jpg

Since there are some flashlight guys all in one thread, I'll ask for a recommendation: ~$40, 18650 powered, more flood than throw, multi mode, tail switch. Does not need to be super tough, just durable as a find your way back to the tent at night when hunting. Dad could use a decent light for his pack and his birthday is coming.

-Xander

BLF A6 fits the bill perfectly.

I've got a TN32UTvn and a P60vn (triple XPL V6) with one of Vihn's hosts on the way. On a whim, I added 3 TubeVn keychain lights (one for me, one for a co-worker, and an extra just because they were under $20). I'm really looking forward to seeing what they can do (I've only got one other light from Vinh - a K40vn Fiat Lux - and the TN32UTvn out throws that)

Last edited:
BLF A6 fits the bill perfectly.
Yep got my 2nd one a couple weeks ago, non-anodized and a different tint, and love them. Minus one or two days, I've carried nothing else since I got mine...and they're my cheapest lights...

Anyone hear anything on the Copper Olight S1? It was supposed to ship out at end of November. It's 12/1 and I haven't seen any reports on them shipping

I'm carrying my Maratac AAA Ti today for a change. This thing is so tiny and light! I've not needed to shine it on anything today which has me bummed out a bit.

Got the PM. I will pick one up.

I like small lights in bags and jacket pockets, and at least one big light to light up the night. Time for some new stuff!

You may already have this spot covered, but I have a Fenix LD02 for pocket carry that I absolutely love. AAA size light with a tail switch, that comes on in medium with 26 lumens, has a decent low, and a high of 100 lumens, which lights up the back yard pretty well. It's got a TIR lens, so the light is really wide -- great for searching the garage or dark kitchen at night.

You may already have this spot covered, but I have a Fenix LD02 for pocket carry that I absolutely love. AAA size light with a tail switch, that comes on in medium with 26 lumens, has a decent low, and a high of 100 lumens, which lights up the back yard pretty well. It's got a TIR lens, so the light is really wide -- great for searching the garage or dark kitchen at night.

Sounds about right for my jacket pocket, not too bright with a wide beam. What is the overall length, though? I've got fat hands :)

Even something like the Nitecore Tube is fun for EDC. For $11, it makes plenty of usable light and is UBS rechargeable. To me, that's pretty cool.
Just looked at that link. That is a nice item. I may get a few for the family for Christmas. Who can t use a quality rechargeable keychain light?

Sounds about right for my jacket pocket, not too bright with a wide beam. What is the overall length, though? I've got fat hands :)

It's a very good light for around the house and garage. I like the tiny size, which lets me carry it in a back pocket and barely notice it, even when I'm sitting on it.

The light is a little short, which is the trade off for the conveniently small size, I guess. Holding it in the what, tactical grip? can sometimes swallow the light, until I slide it forward a bit. I can deal with that minor inconvenience, for how nice it is.

One other drawback to tail switch lights in this size is that they don't tend to be able to tail stand. I've had a Fenix LD01 for years, and love it because it can tail stand, as well as use 10440 rechargeable cells for a huge increase in light. The drawback to the LD01 is that it's a twist switch light, which I don't like nearly as well as the tail switch.

pA0rpUZ.jpg

Just looked at that link. That is a nice item. I may get a few for the family for Christmas. Who can t use a quality rechargeable keychain light?

Just ordered 4 of these for gifts, don't see how you can go wrong with this little light for family and friend! One of those youtube guys has a nice gear gift for under $25 out right now, and that's where I saw them!

Weapon lights are getting insane too...
UMIr6Xn.jpg

[video=youtube_share;xlGz6NMpSvk]http://youtu.be/xlGz6NMpSvk[/video]

Haven't heard anything either [emoji30]
They told me they would be sending some out this week. I still haven't gotten one. On the other hand Thrunite sent me a TN30 mini to replace my T10t that failed. I'm pretty excited about it... once I can afford another $100 for batteries and a charger. 3200 lumens should make a perfect light for camping at our place in TN. I also got a Ti3 for the keychain.
What 10440 batteries are you guys using?

250_ish

I'm sure the clones will be along shortly. It is too good of an idea to not be copied.

250_ish

I'm sure the clones will be along shortly. It is too good of an idea to not be copied.

I have Surefire "X" series lights on a bunch of my goodies, and cannot recommend them enough!!! Not uncommon for them to cost nearly as much as the item they are riding on. Just tried a Streamlight weapon light to try and save a couple $$$, but it was still $300+ LOL.

They told me they would be sending some out this week. I still haven't gotten one. On the other hand Thrunite sent me a TN30 mini to replace my T10t that failed. I'm pretty excited about it... once I can afford another $100 for batteries and a charger. 3200 lumens should make a perfect light for camping at our place in TN. I also got a Ti3 for the keychain.
What 10440 batteries are you guys using?

I heard yesterday that they're expecting them from China in around 2 weeks, haha. We'll see!

Back